ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #18301
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaP View Post
Voted. The wait in line was maybe two minutes. And here I was prepared with a good book to read for entertainment....
No lines here at all. Skipped right in. OK, maybe I didn't exactly skip. That would be a horrible visual. :-)

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #18302
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
cream in first is an un-american commie plot! Always coffee then cream as the founding fathers intended.
Damn conservative 50's era stagnant naysayers! Consider change! Jefferson didn't have skim milk. The world today is far different than his. No way he could have foreseen flavored creamer ... LOL!

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #18303
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Please people, I'm begging you. Let's keep the politcal crap out of this forum. You can say things that will damage friendships and this is supposed to be about riding. Or guns, or eating.... or anything but politics.

I have also done my patriotic duty and voted. I hope everyone does. That's what makes this country great. But I have no desire to hear your political views, nor who you voted for or why, today, tomorrow, or whenever, on this forum.

Feel free to talk to me face to face though! Just ask Tony........ he and I have had some wonderfully energetic discussions!

Now go vote! I'm going back to vote again this afternoon, and then maybe again tonight before the polls close.....

jeff
You started it, but I venture to say we won't hear the outcome of the election much before a month. Hopefully no "hanging chad" issues this time, but with Sandy's mess up in the NE and a first for email ballots for normal folk, verification of votes is going to be a nightmare. All we can do is wait and see what happens.

No politics were implied, or intended, in this post......and I approve of this message.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #18304
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 564
I think I'm going home to do some work on my sons RMZ...after my post voting sushi meal...after that touch ups on 2010 & 2011 tax audits...love working out of my home.

Just wish the IRS believed that companies need people to work from home for the betterment of the clients we service. That would make my audits less painful. Oh well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #18305
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddzacker View Post
Cool...Nicole needs one of the Richmond ADV stickers. I need the other ADV sticker. Thanks

Todd,

I usually hide (Tag Treasure) an ADV sticker or two on the Greater Williamsburg TAG, so keep your eyes peeled for the next Tag that I set.

j

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #18306
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,474
Okay, what are the rules about carrying a rifle on a bike in Va?
It's a 300 win mag with scope, in a plastic case like this, so it's not exactly something I can throw in a side case:

No locks or anything on the case or gun, but I'll keep the mag and bolt locked in the top box.
It's been suggested to me to but the case in one of my bass guitar gig bags. I've ridden far enough with a bass guitar on my back to know that this is uncomfortable, but does work.

I'm not clear if a weapon inside of a musical instrument case makes it count as disguised and therefore concealed in VA, or if that even applies if it's unloaded.

My car is in the shop right now and might not be getting out...ever.
4th time it's been in the shop in about 500 miles, but at least they fired the mechanic who worked on it before and are fixing his mistakes under warranty.

Any tips would be appreciated...preferably with links to sites that might carry more legal weight than ADV quotes...
Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #18307
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
It's a 300 win mag with scope, in a plastic case like this, so it's not exactly something I can throw in a side case:

No locks or anything on the case or gun, but I'll keep the mag and bolt locked in the top box.
It's been suggested to me to but the case in one of my bass guitar gig bags. I've ridden far enough with a bass guitar on my back to know that this is uncomfortable, but does work.

I'm not clear if a weapon inside of a musical instrument case makes it count as disguised and therefore concealed in VA, or if that even applies if it's unloaded.

4th time it's been in the shop in about 500 miles, but at least they fired the mechanic who worked on it before and are fixing his mistakes under warranty.

Any tips would be appreciated...preferably with links to sites that might carry more legal weight than ADV quotes...
Start here VA State Police

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #18308
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
Todd,

I usually hide (Tag Treasure) an ADV sticker or two on the Greater Williamsburg TAG, so keep your eyes peeled for the next Tag that I set.

j
Explain??? Not sure what you are talking about...remember I'm an ADV virgin...be gentle and very explanatory...

toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #18309
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post

Skippii, John pointed you to the VSP links, but I think a weapon in the guitar case MIGHT be the issue:

18.2-308 - in part:
"A weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature."

My .02

Bolger and Cappone might love you, but...................

>
Old 11-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #18310
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Quote:
Explain??? Not sure what you are talking about...remember I'm an ADV virgin...be gentle and very explanatory...
Tag (Or TOR - Tag-O-Rama) is a game where person A snaps a pic of their bike next to a place and persons B through Z try to be the first to replicate that shot with their bike. First post (mobile tapatalk helps) gets to do the next "tag". Then repeat.

Some games use a "token", where a physical object is located and moved from place to place. Some do wild card games where the object is generic (a bridge, a fire truck, etc). Local games tend to be very specific.

We have a Richmond tag game that has been stagnant for a loooong time. John is saying that in the Williamsburg game, he leaves a sticker in the place where you need to go to find salvation and self-worth (the tag site). So go to that tag's thread, wait for JHVA to post up a "Tag/Next", and go get your sticker!

There are several games floating around. A specific Virginia-wide game. Many global wild card ones. The dead RVA one. Etc. Makes for a good excuse to go for a ride. Most games allow for "file photos" to be used for the "next tag", but all require you to use a current photo to claim victory.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #18311
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,981
Quote:

Please just let the Richmond Commuter Tag thread stay dead. I wish we could delete it. Forget it existed and somehow rediscover TOR next spring like it was all shiny and new.

Todd, TOR can be fun and highly addicting. I think most of the RIC ADVers had their fill and burnt out on it or have moved to the other nearby regional games or the state game. We had one for the Richmond metro area and it ran a glorious life for a couple of years before it hit a wall. Three of us tried to keep playing but it was more of a zombie imitation of the life it had previously. Somehow I think it helped spread the proliferation of smart phones and 3g enabled tablet computers in the local motorcycling community.

My advice,
1. Don't go proclaiming your virginity around here, someone might take advantage. Of course, I keed.
2. Don't worry about catching up on all the history around here. You fit in well enough, you own a MC and post random comments around here.
3. Go play TOR at least once, but don't say we didn't warn you it is addicting.
jgiacobbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #18312
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
Start here VA State Police
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Skippii, John pointed you to the VSP links, but I think a weapon in the guitar case MIGHT be the issue:

18.2-308 - in part:
"A weapon shall be deemed to be hidden from common observation when it is observable but is of such deceptive appearance as to disguise the weapon's true nature."

My .02

Bolger and Cappone might love you, but...................

>
Yes, I started at the VSP site, which is where I realized the guitar bag might be a poor suggestion. I still am not clear if that applies to a weapon that's unloaded and in a case. Not saying it's a good idea anyway, though...

Skippii screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 11:25 AM
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #18313
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Good news for COG Brrr Ride attendees

Good News.

Just received this from the Highland County Chamber of Commerce:

"Thanks you for inquiry! The Hunter's Pancake & Buckwheat Feast will be held this Sunday, November 11 at the Blue Grass Ruritan Building. The hours are 8 AM - 3 PM and cost is $8 (adult) and $5 (child)."

Our dates have not coincided for the last couple of years, but looks like a Sunday morning departure ride to Blue Grass to pig out will be in the works this year.

I'm pumped!!!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #18314
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Please just let the Richmond Commuter Tag thread stay dead. I wish we could delete it. Forget it existed and somehow rediscover TOR next spring like it was all shiny and new.

Todd, TOR can be fun and highly addicting. I think most of the RIC ADVers had their fill and burnt out on it or have moved to the other nearby regional games or the state game. We had one for the Richmond metro area and it ran a glorious life for a couple of years before it hit a wall. Three of us tried to keep playing but it was more of a zombie imitation of the life it had previously. Somehow I think it helped spread the proliferation of smart phones and 3g enabled tablet computers in the local motorcycling community.

My advice,
1. Don't go proclaiming your virginity around here, someone might take advantage. Of course, I keed.
2. Don't worry about catching up on all the history around here. You fit in well enough, you own a MC and post random comments around here.
3. Go play TOR at least once, but don't say we didn't warn you it is addicting.
What Jeremy said. I am a recovering Tag Game addict. I "saw" more of my share of the area's historic sites in the middle of the night because I knew others wouldn't be out at that time. Also visited some really spooky Civil War cemeteries in total darkness out in the middle of bum-futch nowhere. Your mind really plays nasty tricks on you when you begin to hear things that go bump in the night. One particular one down in Dinwiddie really comes to mind. I was hearing bumps in the night and in my rush to get a shot and get the heck out of there, I almost dropped the bike in a muddy section of the parking lot. I just knew my head would be found on a stake the next morning.

For me anyway, this was all pre-broadband and smart phones, so you had to take the shot and rush home to get it posted up first. The anticipation was numbing, the miles excruciating, and you hoped to Hades you didn't get a ticket trying to get back and make the post.

Those were good times.

If you are really bored, start HERE and follow the thread to the end.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #18315
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
If you are really bored, start HERE and follow the thread to the end.

Noooooooooo.

Don't mention it again. If we say it's name 3 times it may come back to life.
jgiacobbe is online now   Reply With Quote