ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #18661
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctr View Post
Dickie's has a good selection of meat and sides!

Jimmy
Rctr
Agreed. So how about dickies then...11:30? Noon? People can RIW before or after. Nothing like a plate of ribs and a RIW.....

Saturday sounds like it is gong to crap.....45 MPH WINDS!!!!!!!

from WXRISK.com

**** ALERT ** BIG WEATHER CHANGES 2ND HALF OF THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND.... FOR OHIO VALLEY & ALL OF THE EAST COAST ***

There are important weather changes which are going to happen this weekend up and down the East Coast and if you are not paying attention these weather changes are going to impact you and any sort of outdoor plans or travel plans that you have.

Thanksgiving Day will be very nice with lots of sunshine and Friday 11/ 23 will be a pretty mild for those doing that awful dumb BLACK FRIDAY shopping thing... or if you are traveling out into the country or what have you.

However a STRONG ARCTIC COLD FRONT IS HEADED FOR THE EAST COAST. It will have already moved into the great lakes and the Ohio Valley Thursday night and Friday. Heavy snow squalls are likely to develop over the eastern great lakes Friday afternoon evening and intensify on Saturday. Snow mounts over Northern Ohio along the lake... the ERIE area of PA and southwest NY State as well as the Buffalo Syracuse corridor south Lake Ontario area could be VERY impressive.

The arctic cold front arrives late Friday night. As you can see for maps the wins are going to gust up over 50 MPH across all of the great lakes and into the northeast especially north of the Pennsylvania Maryland border on Saturday. Over VA WVA MD winds to 45 MPH are possible and 40 MPH in NC . The cold will be well... SHOCKING.... and for more typical of late January than late November.

Snow showers are likely Saturday afternoon over the mountains of WVA Western MD western and central PA and POSSIBLY into the Shenandoah Valley. The strong winds will continue Saturday night.

Depending on your location Sunday morning or Monday morning... will be the cold as morning of the season so far. The timing of which date will be colder depends on your location and how fast the winds drop off.

Sic Semper Tyrannis screwed with this post 11-21-2012 at 07:28 AM
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #18662
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
On another note: 2013 Black Creek member card came in the mail yesterday. We're good for another year. ...

Did I miss something? Or do the full members get a notice first?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #18663
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Did I miss something? Or do the full members get a notice first?
You should have received an application for renewal in the mail. Mine (and I think JHVA's) came last week. If you don't see one in the next few days, I would go ask Casey (sp?) about it.He doesn't do all that paperwork stuff, but may give you a number to call about getting the renewal form.

I got mine in soon enough that I moved from member 75, to member 52 for 2013.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #18664
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,462
Quote:
Kinda funny........

We're all gonna gorge ourselves tomorrow, and we're getting ready for another feast on Friday.

Good point. Maybe we should do an RTES
(ride to eat salad)

ddlewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #18665
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Good point. Maybe we should do an RTES
(ride to eat salad)

Wouldn't do me any good.

I used to frequent the Ukrop's (now Martin's) salad bar for lunch near where I worked. I never walked out of there with anything less than a $12 tab for that "healthy" meal. Hard boiled eggs, their pseudo crab salad (lots), lettuce, spinach, bacon bits.... all covered over with a liberal helping of Ranch dressing.

Dayam, they were filling, and good.

Suffice to say, moderation is not in my vocabulary....................

Okay - NOW I'm hungry..

Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #18666
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Quote:
You should have received an application for renewal in the mail. Mine (and I think JHVA's) came last week. If you don't see one in the next few days, I would go ask Casey (sp?) about it.He doesn't do all that paperwork stuff, but may give you a number to call about getting the renewal form.

I got mine in soon enough that I moved from member 75, to member 52 for 2013.

Ok. I think I heard someone say the "full week" applications go out first. My number is 1315 so I'll getvit eventually.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #18667
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Ok. I think I heard someone say the "full week" applications go out first. My number is 1315 so I'll getvit eventually.
I've always had a Full Membership since I joined: never knew when I was going to get out there. Even tho' that price has gone up (by about $50) over the last couple of years, figured what the hey. Still don't have a regular schedule, but did get out there this past Saturday and had a fun time.... meeting an old time Marine who was also sporting an M1A a couple of lanes down. Had fun swapping gun "stories.". Hope to see him out there again one day.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #18668
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 896
Did they stop chasing people out of the riding area behind Martin's?? I went in there a few times with no problems three or four years ago. The last time I went in there private security guards were giving some guy on a Yamaha DS a hard time asking for his "friend who got away's" name and threatening to call the cops. Somehow I Jedi Mind Fuc#ed the security guards into letting us leave by changing the subject to letting him pick his bike up as it was overflowing fuel from the carb laying on its side. I didn't want to deal with the hassle so I never went back. Then, I only lived a few miles away and it was a nice spot to explore. Since Martin's took over is it okay to go in there??
Old 11-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #18669
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
On another note: 2013 Black Creek member card came in the mail yesterday. We're good for another year. ...
Ditto, low member no. this year. Went from no. 734 to 110 : 1 Regular (7 day) and 1 associate membership (spouse).
There is no limit this year to the 5 day memberships but there is an agonizingly long orientation to the range that all newbs must endure.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80

JHVA screwed with this post 11-21-2012 at 02:54 PM
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #18670
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
Ditto, low member no. this year. Went from no. 715 to 110 : 1 Regular (7 day) and 1 associate membership (spouse).
There is no limit this year to the 5 day memberships but there is an agonizingly long orientation to the range that all newbs must endure.
And god forbid you fire off a round with less than 30 seconds between them...
Old 11-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #18671
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,640
Budd's Creek Open Practice

Anyone feeling froggy enough to fool around at Budd's Creek?

Budd's Creek

Winter Practice

Open Practice Dec 1 & 2 (10-5) Riders $40 : Spectators $5

I'm dumb enough to want to run my 530 around that famous track
...one problem, I have no truck or trailer..
Wanna go? Wanna give me & my bike a ride over? Sunday? I've got gas money and an insider that is
li
kely to do more harm then good

PM me

Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #18672
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Quote:
I've always had a Full Membership since I joined: never knew when I was going to get out there. Even tho' that price has gone up (by about $50) over the last couple of years, figured what the hey. Still don't have a regular schedule, but did get out there this past Saturday and had a fun time.... meeting an old time Marine who was also sporting an M1A a couple of lanes down. Had fun swapping gun "stories.". Hope to see him out there again one day.

Sounds like Larry. He works where I do.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #18673
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 741
Just a heads up to those in Richmond. If you or anyone you know is interested in a very nice SV650 mine is for sale. Help a fellow rider get back into the adventure lifestyle! I'm itching to get a bike that I can meet up with some of you on.

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthr...292&highlight=
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #18674
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
And god forbid you fire off a round with less than 30 seconds between them...
Only times I have seen KC get upset are when folks are rapid fire shooting on the 25 yard range. His fear is that bullets will fly over the berm. Has never bothered us down on the 15 yrd range.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:49 AM   #18675
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
Only times I have seen KC get upset are when folks are rapid fire shooting on the 25 yard range. His fear is that bullets will fly over the berm. Has never bothered us down on the 15 yrd range.
I was on the 15 td range on the shed. 9mm 226 w 17 rd Mag's. . Probably a second plus a round. Gun returned to level, sight picture good, on target, press, click,boom. Nothing hurried. Not just dumping mags. Not what I would call close to rapid fire and got ripped a new one. How I was going to shoot up his boards. Bs.

I think he was having a bad day, but he always seemed that way. Crotchety old dude.

I 'd love to explore his machine shop though!

81 XT/TT 500 83 BMW R80S (RT with S bits)
00 ZRX 1100 XR 100 XR 20