ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #19576
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,694
Motion PASSED....Pad Thai, Mechanicsville

***EDIT*** may not appear quite as lush this time of year
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #19577
kwn306
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Fook it was cold this morniing

Wife is on the Govt alternate work schedule and this is her Friday off, figured I'd ride the GSA today.

It was 20 degrees when I left the garage and 32 degrees in DC. My new Cee Baileys windscreen did a pretty good job of keeping the wind off my upper body, my Gerbings Jacket liner and gloves were set on flames.

I had to turn on the heat grips to keep my hands warm, now I wish I had never gotten rid of the Hippo Hands that I purchased in 1969 to put on my T 500 Suzuki.

Eddie - Sue and I did the BRP and a bunch of other states (VA, NC, SC, GA, KY, TN & WV) back in 2004, we did two weeks and about 3+K miles, best vacation we have had in 25 yrs of marriage.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #19578
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwn306 View Post
Eddie - Sue and I did the BRP and a bunch of other states (VA, NC, SC, GA, KY, TN & WV) back in 2004, we did two weeks and about 3+K miles, best vacation we have had in 25 yrs of marriage.
Must be nice, my wife's last ride on the back of a motorcycle was on April 29, 2003, the day my daughter was born. She said she'll get back on after our kids graduate from college. She keeps hinting about a convertible four seater but it's not the same...
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #19579
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,694
Pad Thai on a cold day Rick, Dan & myself....Thai Hot, Medium & Hot respectively...Rick was a bit fidgety

My Pad Prik Khing* - Stir-fried green bean, sweet pepper, kaffir, and sweet basil leave...came with a couple crispy spring rolls...very nice.
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #19580
jwray76
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardbiker View Post
Don't think I'll make lunch and Thai might be a bit rich for me on a day like today anyway. I know it's cold and maybe even a bit too wet for me but I was thinking of checking out the training grounds today. Anyone been out there recently enough to say how muddy it will be?

Mikey

edit: Oh, guess you guys aren't riding.
I guarantee it will be very wet. Was out there last Friday and it was quite wet. If you stay alert you can work your way around most of it though.
jwray76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #19581
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,736
Sorry I missed Lunch.. That looks great!

anybody need a front wheel for an F800GS? 250 bucks bringing it to norfolk today but would love to leave it in richmond.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #19582
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Pad Thai on a cold day Rick, Dan & myself....Thai Hot, Medium & Hot respectively...Rick was a bit fidgety

My Pad Prik Khing* - Stir-fried green bean, sweet pepper, kaffir, and sweet basil leave...came with a couple crispy spring rolls...very nice.
I wanted to make it but just got to Providence Forge & grab the Williamsburg Tag & a burger...Old Forge Grill has hand made patties & good!!!

Besides I made a huge pot of Red Curry the other night & tonight I the night to eat it.
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #19583
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,065
FYYFFs, I'm stuck in office with no chance of escaping for lunch before now. At least I have a banana. Now I'm thinking it is a bit late for lunch and I'm aiming to leave a little bit early (read that as hopefully 4:45 vs 5:30).

Had to share how hungry I am now that my stomach is rumbling and my mouth was watering from all the food posts.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #19584
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Medium was still plenty warm but there was no suffering at all on my part.. unlike Rick. Tasty grub! I went with the drunken noodles since I'd heard it mentioned here before. The restaurant really packed out around noon, people waiting for tables. A sure sign of good eats.

Shouldn't be too bad on the local trails, it's been dry since Tuesday afternoon.. I might take a crack at it on Sunday. Wouldn't mind riding somewhere. Bailing on the motorcycle show.. must. finish. bathroom. remodel.
ddlewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #19585
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Medium was still plenty warm but there was no suffering at all on my part.. unlike Rick. Tasty grub! I went with the drunken noodles since I'd heard it mentioned here before. The restaurant really packed out around noon, people waiting for tables. A sure sign of good eats.

Shouldn't be too bad on the local trails, it's been dry since Tuesday afternoon.. I might take a crack at it on Sunday. Wouldn't mind riding somewhere. Bailing on the motorcycle show.. must. finish. bathroom. remodel.
Call me a maybe on Sunday too. I want to get the DL out for a bit. Or I could be convinced to do the mud road again since I have a way to keep my feet dry now.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #19586
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void

Oddometer: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwray76 View Post
I guarantee it will be very wet. Was out there last Friday and it was quite wet. If you stay alert you can work your way around most of it though.
Thanks. I figured as much. Decided to explore Elko Tract instead, it was pretty decent, if a bit small.
bastardbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #19587
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
Call me a maybe on Sunday too. I want to get the DL out for a bit. Or I could be convinced to do the mud road again since I have a way to keep my feet dry now.
The mud road will definitely be muddy...I went last week & slid from start to finish...good times...
Old 01-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #19588
MotoMujer
Adventurette

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Had the Massaman curry medium hot last time I was there. Good stuff.

We're not heroic like the great travelers but all the same we amateurs are a pretty tough breed. No matter how horrendous the last journey we never give up hope for the next one, God knows why. - Martha Gellhorn
MotoMujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #19589
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Nice fat burger for lunch & since I missed Pad Thai RTE today...I had Homemade Red Curry for dinner...
Old 01-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #19590
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
Sorry I missed Lunch.. That looks great!

anybody need a front wheel for an F800GS? 250 bucks bringing it to norfolk today but would love to leave it in richmond.
If it is perfect or nearly (no wiggles) I'd like to talk. My front rim has a very faint "dance" and is fine, but I can easily imagine putting a serious shimmy in it soon. I'd always thought that when that happened, I'd replace it with an Excel, but that's almost $500 (with spokes).
Dr WhipIt is offline   Reply With Quote