ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #20791
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddzacker View Post
Yes on my iPhone & iPad ...that is why...I think I need to turn my phone sideways to take pic that loads straight...

Did that work?
That's progress! Now it's 180 degrees from the last ones, but still 90 degrees from horizontal. Maybe tilt your phone to 45 degrees?
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #20792
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 571
WTF!!! Half my pics today posted sideways, and the other half posted upright??? I did them all the same until the last one and that one I took sideways and it was jacked up...

I am getting an account...
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #20793
toddzacker
NO FILTER

The hell with this computer stuff...I think I will stick to riding...
Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #20794
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,282
Any rides today? I'll take anything...local, street, dirt, west, lunch, 5/10, east, anything! Please save me from the torture of bring dragged to a 6 year olds birthday party!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #20795
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Any rides today? I'll take anything...local, street, dirt, west, lunch, 5/10, east, anything! Please save me from the torture of bring dragged to a 6 year olds birthday party!

Eddy,
I feel the same, but I don't have a 6 yo b-day party to be saved from. I am jonesing to ride, I got my bike back and have not had the chance to ride it yet. Trailered it back home, rolled it into the garage, took the old racks for the BMW bags off, and need to put the Jesses on today.

If you run this way, I might be able to get out for a ride or if nothing else it's the 1/2 way point on the 5/10. I will have fresh coffee & conversation. I have another inmate stopping this afternoon to show me a top case rack for the 650, so I can run far.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #20796
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post

I just talked my wife out of church in favor of errands/brunch so I'm headed out till about 1p.

If you don't get any better offers, I'd go out for a spin later. 5/10 loop, chesdin, something. Like to get a look at your new wheels.
Plus by then temps should be up to 39F..
ddlewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #20797
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Man, would love to get out but had a garage mishap on Friday afternoon and have 7 stitches in my middle finger and bitched-up my ring finger on throttle hand.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #20798
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
Man, would love to get out but had a garage mishap on Friday afternoon and have 7 stitches in my middle and ring finger on throttle hand.
John you okay? Hope just stiches & nothing serious like tendons. Let me know if you need anything.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #20799
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddzacker View Post
John you okay? Hope just stiches & nothing serious like tendons. Let me know if you need anything.
No tendon damage but seeing an Ortho guy next week. Let's see, hurt lower back after xmas, teeth, eyes, and now digits...No pain doing fine. Thanks.

On another note good survival gear here: SOG

j

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #20800
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
I just talked my wife out of church in favor of errands/brunch so I'm headed out till about 1p.

If you don't get any better offers, I'd go out for a spin later. 5/10 loop, chesdin, something. Like to get a look at your new wheels.
Plus by then temps should be up to 39F..
What, when? I'd be fine with something lame like 5/10. Not looking to get muddy/wet. 1pm works as it gives me time to shower and eat and get to wherever.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #20801
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
What, when? I'd be fine with something lame like 5/10. Not looking to get muddy/wet. 1pm works as it gives me time to shower and eat and get to wherever.

Calling you in 5 min...No birthday party for me! (I took a little heat) Nonetheless, I'm a free man until 5:00.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #20802
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 958
Today's ride

I wish I knew you guys wanted to ride today. I geared up at 9:00am and rode up to Morton's. They had a tech day with a class on how to adjust a suspension. Stuart used my bike to start the class since I had new shocks. Yippie. I'm dialed in now. I saw a lot of good stuff up there.

The ride up was interesting however ..... About half way up on I-95 the pavement tuned to "black ice". Cars everywhere off into the ditch. I slowed down to about 40 mph with my 4-way blinkers going and slowly made it through the area. I think it got up to 27F for the ride up.

I don't fly out tomorrow until around 7:00 PM if anyone wants to get out for a ride.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #20803
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
I wish I knew you guys wanted to ride today. I geared up at 9:00am and rode up to Morton's. They had a tech day with a class on how to adjust a suspension. Stuart used my bike to start the class since I had new shocks. Yippie. I'm dialed in now. I saw a lot of good stuff up there.

The ride up was interesting however ..... About half way up on I-95 the pavement tuned to "black ice". Cars everywhere off into the ditch. I slowed down to about 40 mph with my 4-way blinkers going and slowly made it through the area. I think it got up to 27F for the ride up.

I don't fly out tomorrow until around 7:00 PM if anyone wants to get out for a ride.
"We" had a COG ride starting out of Gordonsville at the Inwood Restaurant this morning, but I stayed put for that very reason (black ice)... and the cold. I saw enough of that w/e to last me for awhile.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #20804
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Motoport Kevlar

If you have big hands and want the most protective motorcycle gloves made, at good discount....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motoport-Kev...969ce5&vxp=mtr

auction ends in one hour....
Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #20805
Banshee
hi

Oddometer: 6,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
"We" had a COG ride starting out of Gordonsville at the Inwood Restaurant this morning, but I stayed put for that very reason (black ice)... and the cold. I saw enough of that w/e to last me for awhile.

driving my cage home from work this morning at 0530 there was a ton of black ice on the roads. this WX has me sad, nice enough during the day but then turns too crappy to ride my bike to work at night
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote