ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #20926
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
I had this idea to mount a windshield with Ram hardware. This one's an old weestrom shield that I had in my parts box and $75 in Ram hardware.

Infinitely adustable, goes on/off in seconds with no tools and should work on most nekkid bikes with most any shield.
Dan, you need to patent that ASAP. Seriously.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #20927
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 914
Liver

Just wondering ..... Do you guys know what the liver does? You may want to look it up. My wife eats that stuff but I cringe every time I see her take a bite. I guess it's safe because a lot of people eat it .... But they eat mountain oysters too.

Y'all have fun. I'll be fighting the snow in the mid west then heading over to Edmonton Alberta Canada. Last week on the same route I flew through the northern lights. Just like the photos you see online the green glow was dancing up a storm right in front of us. One of the most incredible things I have ever seen.

Have fun at the RTE.

DrWhipit .... Mike Barr just bought the same bike you are looking at. Some how he got it licensed and plated in VA. Send me a PM if you want his number. Guy may have his number too.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #20928
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr WhipIt View Post
I'd pass on that bike...Why not just hunt for a local "S" model with a title that is 100% street legit, no baja kit worries, no riding dirty, no headaches with DMV, no cops hassling you and no day of driving to PA? FYI, I picked up a really nice and clean 2004 with 15,000 miles (it was a street commuter) with some farkles for $2350. I had Guy lower it 2" and now (besides needed a real skidplate) it's perfect!

Yes, Chuck is correct, it's like eating the filter bag out of a aquarium filter! That's gross but I still like it!

Sweet, I may actually get to go to this weeks RTE! I took Friday off and have no plans until around 1:00.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #20929
B.E. Coyote
(Super-Genius)

Oddometer: 5,266
Quote:
Want to cull the wisdom of yous guys about a bike I'm interested in.
I've already shot him a PM asking for the VIN and other specific Q's.
I know some of you have plated non street bikes and would like to know if it's a easy as the DMV website makes it appear. I would want to get it plated here in VA. I know MANY used bikes have been purchased by readers of this thread and want to know what you think of this sparsely detailed listing.
What's really got my eye on this is it's sprung for a 260 lb rider, and I'm 240 (ish). Also, a while back, some info was posted about searching for stolen bikes via VINs but my searches yield errors. If I recall, Eddy had something about this with bike on CL.

Here's the post:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862486

If you are handy enough to work on a transmission this looks pretty cool. It is already plated.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/mcy/3631582175.html
B.E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #20930
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post

DrWhipit .... Mike Barr just bought the same bike you are looking at. Some how he got it licensed and plated in VA. Send me a PM if you want his number. Guy may have his number too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
I'd pass on that bike...Why not just hunt for a local "S" model with a title that is 100% street legit, no baja kit worries, no riding dirty, no headaches with DMV, no cops hassling you and no day of driving to PA? FYI, I picked up a really nice and clean 2004 with 15,000 miles (it was a street commuter) with some farkles for $2350. I had Guy lower it 2" and now (besides needed a real skidplate) it's perfect!
Thanks you guys. I'm looking for an e because its a little lighter and a little more HP. I've run across a few, but no e's that are newer and none sprung for my weight. I'm not looking for an adventure bike, just one that I can thrash without worrying about $$$. If anyone sees anything like that, please let me know.

Coyote: I was typing as you posted that...Thanks!
Dr WhipIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #20931
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Sweet, I may actually get to go to this weeks RTE! I took Friday off and have no plans until around 1:00.
Hey Eddy,
I have to go to Morton's Friday. I will do it before the RTE if you want to go. Just text or PM me, which ever is easiest.

Chuck- The Northern Lights are amazing...growing up I saw them all the time and now I look back and realize how lucky I was to have seen them on a regular basis. I bet seeing them from the cockpit was even more beautiful.
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #20932
MX_Andrew83
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
If you are looking for a nice Dual Sport Locally, my Buddy Neil has a DRZ 650 for sale, not sure of the mileage, It's 2008 I beleive, $3,600obo.

I'm not spamming, just happened to notice that someone was looking for a bike, and thought I would mention it.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #20933
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Ah hah!

YOU OLD FORK, GET WITH THE TIMES/// WE BE @ VER 3.25.9758 ALREADY

MAN, GO OUT TO PEE BEHIND THE BARN, AND IT CHANGES....
YOU GONNA COME UP HER WHEN I LET YOU KNOW IT'LL BE A SAFE RIDE BOTH WAYS (WEATHERWISE) ?
F'NG DANGEROUS RIGHT NOW.....
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:43 AM   #20934
jdrocks
Gravel Runner

Oddometer: 3,976
Quote:
If anyone sees anything like that, please let me know.
S with 125 miles

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...623554392.html

S with both wheel sets, tank, seat, exhaust

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/3545817996.html
jdrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #20935
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX_Andrew83 View Post
If you are looking for a nice Dual Sport Locally, my Buddy Neil has a DRZ 650 for sale, not sure of the mileage, It's 2008 I beleive, $3,600obo.

I'm not spamming, just happened to notice that someone was looking for a bike, and thought I would mention it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
Thanks a bunch for looking!
The 650 is heavier than I want (I'll be getting rid of my XT600) and I don't want to deal with converting an sm back into dual-sport.
The WR has really got my attention.
Dr WhipIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #20936
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Quote:
I wouldn't look too long...it won't last long. Seems like a good deal and you (or Guy) can fix the gearbox in no time. I'm actually surprised that Todd didn't scoop it up already as it's in his backyard.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #20937
toddzacker
NO FILTER

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
I wouldn't look too long...it won't last long. Seems like a good deal and you (or Guy) can fix the gearbox in no time. I'm actually surprised that Todd didn't scoop it up already as it's in his backyard.
The thought did cross my mind... And it is a really good deal but I'm just not going that route at this time.
toddzacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #20938
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,510
Quote:
Dan, you need to patent that ASAP. Seriously.
Thanks Eddy.. I'd expect RAM has covered all the patent bases. At best a motivated person might make a couple bucks packaging and selling ram-windshield kits or something.

I'm just throwing it out there for the benefit of all mankind.

(Hey I finally got a thousand posts! only took 9 years)
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #20939
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:
Thanks a bunch for looking!
The 650 is heavier than I want (I'll be getting rid of my XT600) and I don't want to deal with converting an sm back into dual-sport.
This could be a good bike for you as well. I really like the DR350. Not as fancy as the DRZ400 but simple to own and maintain. I am pretty sure this 98' has the better suspension from the dirt only version. i know the 99 does which was the last one brought to the US. This bike is worth consideration.
http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3620724685.html
Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #20940
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
This could be a good bike for you as well. I really like the DR350. Not as fancy as the DRZ400 but simple to own and maintain. I am pretty sure this 98' has the better suspension from the dirt only version. i know the 99 does which was the last one brought to the US. This bike is worth consideration.
http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3620724685.html
+1. My friend had a DR350 and a DRZ400, and to this day he talks about how much he loved that dr350. He never mentions the DRZ. The one in the link seems a bit overpriced though.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote