ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #21541
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
got my money's worth out of this set






hey Guy, how's your schedule look?
Wow! I'll say.

I'm pretty free right now. When are you thinkin'??

.
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #21542
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dr WhipIt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: West End of Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 436
Thumb Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
That's a roger. It's 132
I should have posted that question 15 minutes ago!
__________________
"Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to weren't never there, and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it."
Dr WhipIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #21543
freaking RT
will golf for food
 
freaking RT's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: just outside Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 31,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Wow! I'll say.

I'm pretty free right now. When are you thinkin'??

.
Friday? how's that looking?
__________________
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous


WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #21544
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders
 
Dirtmonkey8's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
got my money's worth out of this set






hey Guy, how's your schedule look?
If that is a PR2 I have been wondering how you know when it is done. Now I see it comes with a white indicator strip.
__________________
A little dirt don't hurt.
Dirtmonkey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #21545
skychs
chuck smith
 
skychs's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Glen Allen Va (N. Richmond)
Oddometer: 914
Car tire

Hey Freak,
I car tire would solve most of your issues. More traction. Longer tire life. Cheaper than MC tire. Just saying..... . Your welcome to try mine to see how it handles. If I didn't tell you it was there you would never know. 15K miles on mine, still looks new.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #21546
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo
 
Boon Booni's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 13,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
Hey Freak,
I car tire would solve most of your issues. More traction. Longer tire life. Cheaper than MC tire. Just saying..... . Your welcome to try mine to see how it handles. If I didn't tell you it was there you would never know. 15K miles on mine, still looks new.
You darksided your wing?
__________________
Where the fuck...
Where the fuck is the bike?
You gotta be shitting me.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #21547
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
Friday? how's that looking?
PM sent with a caveat regarding time. Give me free window from around 11:45 to 1:00 JIC someone comes up with a local RTE location......

Speaking of which, any (local) RTE locations being considered for this Friday?



.
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #21548
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,339
Free, well worn Stitch to a good home.

I hate to do it, but the time has finally come to permanently retire my (blue w/silver swatches) 2-piece Aerostitch. Therefore, I am offering this well-worn suit to anyone local who may want it - free.

The zippers were replaced a number of years ago, but the left leg zipper has been giving me a problem here of late. Aero will replace them for an approx. $50 or so charge. Comes with a bib converter in excellent condition.

Pants are 46S, but I had the legs lengthened 2” when I bought it. The jacket (whose zippers are fine) is a 46L.

The suit looks like crap, but it was my trademark at many a COG rally over the years. And not that it makes a crap to anyone else, this suit has been to Nova Scotia, Montana twice, and to Europe. It was "me" and I really hate to see it go.



Lemme know, else it’s going in the trash.

.
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project

Guy Young screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 04:02 PM
Guy Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #21549
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo
 
Boon Booni's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 13,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
I hate to do it, but the time has finally come to permanently retire my (blue w/silver swatches) 2-piece Aerostitch. Therefore, I am offering this well-worn suit to anyone local who may want it - free.

The zippers were replaced a number of years ago, but the left leg zipper has been giving me a problem here of late. Aero will replace them for an approx. $50 or so charge. Comes with a bib converter in excellent condition.

Pants are 46S, but I had the legs lengthened 2” when I bought it. The jacket (whose zippers are fine) is a 46L.

The suit looks like crap, but it was my trademark at many a COG rally over the years. And not that it makes a crap to anyone else, this suit has been to Nova Scotia, Montana twice, and to Europe. It was "me" and I really hate to see it go.



Lemme know, else it’s going in the trash.

.
I'll throw it away for you Guy. My Darien suit is starting to wear out and I'm thinking of replacing it with a 2pc Road Crafter. I'd like to see how the the RC compares to the Darien.

Your sizing seems about perfect for me as well.
__________________
Where the fuck...
Where the fuck is the bike?
You gotta be shitting me.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #21550
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
I'll throw it away for you Guy. My Darien suit is starting to wear out and I'm thinking of replacing it with a 2pc Road Crafter. I'd like to see how the the RC compares to the Darien.

Your sizing seems about perfect for me as well.
You're most certainly welcome to it...... to do with it what you will.

.
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #21551
bastardbiker
Lost in the Void
 
bastardbiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: North Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 278
Speaking of giving old stuff away, does anyone know if that dude Skiipi is around still? I have a few Ninja 250 parts I don't have much use for anymore...
__________________
bastardbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #21552
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester
 
jgiacobbe's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Near Richmond VA
Oddometer: 2,066
So what you doing for a replacement Guy? Do you even own any other riding gear?
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #21553
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer
 
MADSTROM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Powhatan, Va
Oddometer: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
So what you doing for a replacement Guy? Do you even own any other riding gear?
I think he has a RED one?
MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #21554
pplassm
Brace for collision!
 
pplassm's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Central VA
Oddometer: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardbiker View Post
Speaking of giving old stuff away, does anyone know if that dude Skiipi is around still? I have a few Ninja 250 parts I don't have much use for anymore...
I think Skippii moved on. Last time I saw him, he was on a hacked Ninja 500. It was awesome!
__________________
Pete
pplassm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #21555
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTROM View Post
I think he has a RED one?
I do, one that a generous local fella gave to me a year or so ago. Just washed it and treated it with waterproofing in prep for the Crab Cakes Ride next w/e. The suit, when I got it, hadn't been treated for quite awhile and it leaked badly. The weather for this ride is always iffy, and my rain suit is such a PITA to get on I prefer not to use it. Me thinks we're good for the next year or so,

.
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014