ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #23836
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I think I found a way to make my video work. Follow this link to an album and then click on the last "photo"

.https://picasaweb.google.com/1130096...eat=directlink

Great video Dirtmonkey. That tunnel at the 16 minute mark... Is that route 311? or something along those lines? Where is the access to that off the parkway?
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #23837
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,401
35 years today...

How this woman has managed to make it through the good, and some really bad times is beyond me. I can answer that as she relies on her faith in God, and I thank her for putting up with all that has come before us.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #23838
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,044
New Kent trials / technical riding course is on for Saturday the 29th, if you didn't get a PM and want in let me know. For everyone else stay tuned for some good video and photos of bikes on the ground.
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #23839
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
How this woman has managed to make it through the good, and some really bad times is beyond me. I can answer that as she relies on her faith in God, and I thank her for putting up with all that has come before us.
Congratulations!
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #23840
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

Congrats! I just had my 5 year on Saturday.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 06-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #23841
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,273
Quote:
35 years?! Congratulations Guy!
I must admit that I am surprised that you haven't at least "retired" a few months out of the year to WV...Glad you haven't done that...yet. Glad you had a great w/e. I may be up for that next year.

P.S. I have a $500 BMW gift card for sale for $360. If two locals want to go to the GS Trophy Challenge, you can buy this from me for $180 per person and put it towards the Challenge instead of paying the $200 entry fee.

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 12:30 PM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #23842
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,556
Guy, congrats to you the Missus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
Downtown richmond along the James River is supposed to be pretty cool too.

Welcome!!
Rich check out:
http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/buttermilk.html

it follows the river along the south and north banks crossing at the nickel bridge and the hanging bridge under 301. Only 10 or so miles long but it's extremely tough by my old/fat standards..

Whitfield if you guys get out one afternoon this week give me a heads up. I'm on call for work but might be able to weasel out of it for an hour or so.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #23843
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Congrats! I just had my 5 year on Saturday.
Congrats to you, and your's!!

Old 06-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #23844
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
35 years?! Congratulations Guy!
I must admit that I am surprised that you haven't at least "retired" a few months out of the year to WV...Glad you haven't done that...yet. Glad you had a great w/e. I may be up for that next year.
Had a real opportunity to do that when we still owned the family homestead over there (Glenville in Gilmer County). Unfortunately, my wife wouldn't hear of it.

I will say I did look into some property over in the Helvetia area while I was there. Not saying that anything will ever become of it, but at least I inquired. Being citified, my wife would probably be bored to tears in such a little community. Also, that place REALLY knows how to (continually) party and she's not into that kind of thing. Me, a liver transplant every couple of years would probably work out just fine. Continued marriage?; probably not so much.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #23845
Whitfield
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Guy, congrats to you the Missus.

Whitfield if you guys get out one afternoon this week give me a heads up. I'm on call for work but might be able to weasel out of it for an hour or so.

Aiming for a DS ride Wednesday evening around 6-ish if I can get my permission slip signed.

PS: Do you ride MTB too? I'm old and slow now but still enjoy a good loop on JRP ~ Buttermilk / Northbank / Forest Hills. Let me know if anyone wants to ride a MTB loop at a later date.
Whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #23846
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarr View Post
Great video, dirtmonkey. The whole family watched it over breakfast yesterday (that was a first). The wife even enjoyed it.
Great! I am glad you and everyone else are enjoying it. It came out pretty good. I have never had that much good footage so I knew I could get something decent together. I have watched it about 12 times. I think I watch it because it makes me laugh. I think it makes me laugh because Chuck is laughing so damn much!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #23847
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonrider3889 View Post
Great video Dirtmonkey. That tunnel at the 16 minute mark... Is that route 311? or something along those lines? Where is the access to that off the parkway?
I don't remember the FS road number and don't have time to look it up right now. The direct access from the Parkway is across from another access that is always closed. We are sitting at the closed one when Mike (Bastardbiker) is dumping out his boots. It is pretty close to the Peddlar River OHV area. I think this is it. The other end of the road is in a more difficult place to describe. It is off the road that also goes under the parkway near Buena Vista.

View Larger Map
Old 06-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #23848
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I don't remember the FS road number and don't have time to look it up right now. The direct access from the Parkway is across from another access that is always closed. We are sitting at the closed one when Mike (Bastardbiker) is dumping out his boots. It is pretty close to the Peddlar River OHV area. I think this is it. The other end of the road is in a more difficult place to describe. It is off the road that also goes under the parkway near Buena Vista.

View Larger Map
Yep I think that's 311 still technically. Cause it looks like Rt 311 over at peddlar crosses under the parkway and actually wraps all the way back around to where you marked the map.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 06-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #23849
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 31,725
Quote:

Congrats!!!

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," - President Barack Obama
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #23850
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,589
Quote:

Congrats Guy, Lisa and I will be at 26 on Wednesday.

Here's a pic from Pats Lunatic Asylum ride. I actually turned around and went back for the pic, thought of you when doing it. Almost dumped the bike down into the river, soft shoulder and it was raining! You can see the board under the side stand that I was trying to coax over with my foot as I was holding the bike up. It doesn't look like it in the pic but the shoulder drops off there.

COG 5903
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote