ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #27046
klim86
veteran

Oddometer: 160
Some bad new

I just noticed that someone broke the lock on my trailer and stole my pressure washer. It had to have been either last night or sometime during the day today. I feel comfortable saying this because I put the washer in there yesterday afternoon.

Fortunately they only stole the washer. I had my tool chest and box(c$2500), two mountain bikes(c$1600), generator(c$750), 16 empty Rubbermaid containers($160), at least $1500 in army equipment, and invaluable photo albums in other containers. The damage could have be waayy worse.

Shame on me for trying to get a head start on my move.

Let my misfortune be a lesson for you, if you are storing anything in a trailer or a camper check regularly or store it someplace else.
Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back. ― Heraclitus

'04 V-strom 1000, '06 XR650L(sold)
klim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #27047
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by klim86 View Post
I just noticed that someone broke the lock on my trailer and stole my pressure washer. It had to have been either last night or sometime during the day today. I feel comfortable saying this because I put the washer in there yesterday afternoon.
Dang Rich. I hate to hear that, but at least they took the lease expensive thing in there.....

Does this mean that you and Dansinger are getting ready to punch out? I'd like to see you guys at least one more time before you do.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #27048
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,405
Hey Chucky Boy

What's happening? Where are you? Are you sitting on a runway somewhere or holed up in a motel waiting for runways to clear? You've been awfully quiet the last few days.
MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #27049
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,490
When I got up it was cold as a mother and when I got home it was cold as a SOB

Rich, sorry to hear that. Thieves suck.

When are you leaving town?
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #27050
klim86
veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
Does this mean that you and Dansinger are getting ready to punch out?
I was going to post something a little be closer to my departure date, but yes we are about the start the next exciting chapter of our Army careers, company command. Our graduation date is the 24th, I think. I will be taking about a week to clear and plan on leaving the 31st.

My follow on assignment is Ft Riley, KS. So I would like to extend the invitation to any of the inmates, if you find yourself in KS along I-70 let me know if you new a warm bed, a hot meal, a cold beer, or just some time to chew the fat my door is open.

I would like to give a quick thanks to whitfield, for approaching the goofy guy on an XRL in the home depot parking lot and telling me about ADV. As a result ADV is a constant open window on all my computers(now cell phone too) and will be used to scout out trails and rides for all my future assignments as well as showing me some trails too; ddlewis, thanks for always being up for a ride and showing me around; eddy, thanks for patching me up on the S500 and the weekly checkups to make sure everything was healing right; and thank you Jeff for opening your home and shop to me and my family.

Thanks to everyone as well, if I failed to mention anyone by name please do not take it as a slight.

Rich
Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back. ― Heraclitus

Old 01-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #27051
klim86
veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlewis View Post
Rich, sorry to hear that. Thieves suck.

When are you leaving town?
Yeah they do! Like jeff said fortunately they stole one of the least expensive things in the trailer.

I am planning on leaving the 31st.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #27052
Dr WhipIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Quote:

Fortunately they only stole the washer. I had my tool chest and box(c$2500), two mountain bikes(c$1600), generator(c$750), 16 empty Rubbermaid containers($160), at least $1500 in army equipment, and invaluable photo albums in other containers. The damage could have be waayy worse.

Shame on me for trying to get a head start on my move.

Let my misfortune be a lesson for you, if you are storing anything in a trailer or a camper check regularly or store it someplace else.
That sucks. I had one stolen out of my work van 4 months after I bought it for my business. Fortunately, like in your case, they left everything else. Unfortunately, it was a $1400 commercial unit and I had a $500 deductible.
I hope everything goes smoother from here for your move. Good luck.

Sent from my mobile Interociter.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:20 PM   #27053
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
9 degrees when I left for the gym at 0530 in Chester. Remote start and heated seats are the bomb!

Would still like to make a day trip to DC for bike show if anybody wants to tag along.
I'm going Saturday. May see you there. Going up 17 and taking g metro from Springfield.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #27054
klim86
veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr WhipIt View Post
That sucks. I had one stolen out of my work van 4 months after I bought it for my business. Fortunately, like in your case, they left everything else. Unfortunately, it was a $1400 commercial unit and I had a $500 deductible.
I just got off the phone with my insurance provider, my deductible is $250 and I paid $289 for the washer. I think I'm just going to eat the $40.

lame

Old 01-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #27055
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 543
Quote:
I just got off the phone with my insurance provider, my deductible is $250 and I paid $289 for the washer. I think I'm just going to eat the $40.

lame
Hopefully you left water in it and the castings freeze and crack. Sorry about your loss!!

81 XT/TT 500 83 BMW R80S (RT with S bits)
00 ZRX 1100 XR 100 XR 20
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #27056
klim86
veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
Hopefully you left water in it and the castings freeze and crack. Sorry about your loss!!
It's funny because I was thinking the same thing. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

Old 01-08-2014, 05:36 AM   #27057
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 901
Weather

Quote:
MADSTROM
Hey Chucky Boy
What's happening? Where are you? Are you sitting on a runway somewhere or holed up in a motel waiting for runways to clear? You've been awfully quiet the last few days.
I guess you could say I was stuck just about everywhere. Probably the worst 4 days of my aviation career. 16 hour days, horrible winds, temps down to -30 and crews spread all over the country. I didn't fly anything on my schedule. I even had to kick someone off a flight this week. Advise to anyone flying .... if the cops show up to talk to you I don't recommend pushing them.

Bike show .... Im on call Sat and Sun up in DC. If I'm not flying I'd love to ride the Metro over and join you.

Stay warm everyone.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #27058
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,510
For planning purposes.... I'm off this Friday. You guys doing a Friday lunch meet-up this week?

VAC
2003 KLR 685 "Street Ugly"
2007 KLR 719 "Muscles from Brussels"
VACommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:44 AM   #27059
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
I guess you could say I was stuck just about everywhere. Probably the worst 4 days of my aviation career. 16 hour days, horrible winds, temps down to -30 and crews spread all over the country. I didn't fly anything on my schedule. I even had to kick someone off a flight this week. Advise to anyone flying .... if the cops show up to talk to you I don't recommend pushing them.

Bike show .... Im on call Sat and Sun up in DC. If I'm not flying I'd love to ride the Metro over and join you.

Stay warm everyone.

I suspected as much. At least you made it through all this epic weather in one piece.
MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #27060
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,091
Quote:
I was going to post something a little be closer to my departure date
It was a pleasure to have met you both! Best wishes for a successful career! Every time you look at that cool scar on your arm, just remember it's the best I could do at a picnic table with butterfly strips and a 8 year old surgical assistant.

I sincerely thank you for your service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
if the cops show up to talk to you I don't recommend pushing them.
Now THAT'S funny! I can imagine how that ended up! "Cops 1, Idiot 0 (and a free night in jail with a lot more to follow in 6 months in court!)

I'll call you if I head up this weekend to the show.

It looks like Honda is going straight for KTM's jugular! They are not messing around, too much money and pride on the line! I can't believe that Coma is in 5th...for now.
http://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/01/06/motorcycle-category/off-road/day-2-dakar-2014-sunderland-wins-first-special-stage/

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 01-08-2014 at 09:53 AM
Eddy Alvarez is online now   Reply With Quote