ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #29071
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker128pedal View Post
So in two years when it time to blead your front brake you are all set. You have done the rear haven't you? :
I feel fine bleeding them when fluids already there. It was the start of a new line that got me stuck.

And I haven't done anything for the rear.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #29072
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I say revive. Te fewer the number of threads the better. Not sure if it has moved but the VA Tag was in town last night.
I'd say start a new one. The old one has not been posted in a year and the new folks will get too worried a spot has already been done. We tried reviving the old one a couple times but it could never get on its feet again.While it has been a little over a year since it had a post it is really closer to two years since it was actually active. We have a new crowd now so I say new thread. Maybe call it the "New Richmond Tag-o-rama Thread". I'm not going to start it because all my attempts to revive tag have failed.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #29073
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Oddometer: 3,434
I'm good with a new tag o rama but you need to start it since you were the last one to post a tag.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #29074
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by manganos View Post
I'm good with a new tag o rama but you need to start it since you were the last one to post a tag.
I still say use the old one. What happens when someone grabs the old one and why have a duplicate thread started? Plus there is history in that thread and we can build on it.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #29075
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Quote:
Well I'm out of VA so I cannot really start a new thread with a new tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
I still say use the old one. What happens when someone grabs the old one and why have a duplicate thread started? Plus there is history in that thread and we can build on it.
True. I just think the history of the old thread may get a bit daunting when someone comes in new and worries about repeats. I'll go with whatever. I cannot play in the old thread though at the moment because I was the last one to place the tag.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #29076
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,989
Quote:
Chris,

You can't tag violators and expect people to grab it.

Just sayin'....

J
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #29077
manganos
Let me pontificate.

You know I can't play the game while I"m working! HAHA.. Lunch MAYBE but I'm far too busy for that. I have a few people interested in my 883R so I'm hesitant to go out and ride it because knowing me something will happen out of my own stupidity.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #29078
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Are you absolutely not allowed to repeat a tag? Or is it just preferred that you find a new one? See. No one reads the rules anyway...
Old 06-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #29079
manganos
Let me pontificate.

The rules are below.... I don't see anything about a repeat tag. If it is repeated someone grab it and go set a new tag. I know of a few spots I'd like to hit. Heck I'd even like to see dirt roads allowed. After all this is ADV rider not blacktop rider ;)

Many of you have been playing VA Tag O Rama. Its been a lot of fun. Not all of us have the time in our busy lives to ride across the state. Lots of us would enjoy grabbing a tag on our way to or from work. Hence, the name "commuter" tag.

Any inmate can play this game. You do not have to live in Richmond or even the state. If you are retired and don't have to work. Or you are independently wealthy, great you have more time to ride than the rest of us. Play along.

The geographic limits to the game are the following:

City of Richmond
Hanover County
Henrico County
Chesterfield County
Powhatan County
New Kent County
Dinwiddie County
City of Petersburg
City of Colonial Heights

Rule #1 "One tag at a time and county roads are acceptable (no dirt) but the tag must be findable. Include clues in your tag. Don't make the clues useless, not everyone is a Jeopardy contestant wanna be." Retro

Rule #2 File photos are acceptable for setting a tag, BUT are unacceptable for claiming a tag. (This ain't tag JoMomma style.)

Rule #3 No whining.

We want this game to move as quickly as possible. We want a tag in the morning and a new one in the evening. Claim the tag going to or from work. Post your new tag immediatly when you arrive at work or come home from there. (Tag hogs will be prosecuted by negetive peer pressure. The game must move forward.)

For those of you who are new to tag in general. This is the way it works. A photo is taken of a bike in a scene. It is posted on this thread. Clues are provided for the tag's location. You solve the clues or recognize the location from the pic. You ride out to the location. Put your bike in the same scene.Take a pic and identify the location in your post's subject heading. If you are the first to post your pic on the thread, then the new tag's location is yours to determine. The cycle repeats itself.

This is your opportunity to share with other inmates your favorite haunts around Richmond.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #29080
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
I'm going to try and knock out both VA tag and Ric Tag this weekend.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #29081
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

The va tag moves. If it is not already across the state now it will be by Saturday. I almost went for it last night but had no time to move it far.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #29082
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Manganos just sold me on a new tag thread with the word "dirt". How about an RVA Adventure Tag? It does not replace the old one as it will be different. Go hide a tag out in the sticks some place. Legally, of course. Paved road tag still up for grabs for the commuting, less dirty folks. I have lots of ideas.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #29083
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

I never had issue with the idea of dirt for tag. That is part of why I think we should reinvent our tagorama. I also felt Dinnwiddie was an odd inclusion. Whenever Maganos moved the tag down there it would sit at least until the end of the week.

OK maybe it wasn't Maganos.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #29084
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

The ugly khaki one.. Ha ha. I just noticed your signature change. Let's do a new one and I agree with Dinwiddie spreading it out far too much. To be honest, Petersburg just plain scares me. Sorry Jeff. Lots of history there but also lots of modern problems. Been through there in the middle of the day for work a few times and I am always very surprised how many people are not working and just wandering around with 40's and babies in strollers. Simultaneously. Seriously. Petersburg can stay but I may be too chicken to wander in there.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #29085
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

I'll start a new thread when I have access again to a PC. Been in SC visiting family and will be home tomorrow.

So for now, same as old but legal dirt allowed and dropping Dinnwiddie? Any other thoughts?