ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #29101
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
Cub Creek is a beautiful little road.

Kept seeing little roads off it and wondering what was up there....anyone know? Looked like forest service land.

Wintergreen sure does have a nice spot...but I sure wouldn't want to live there. I go to the mountains I want to get away from people...not nest with them.
I was checking it out on Google maps the other day after it got posted. It looks like they just go back to houses. There looks to be maybe one connecting road on there that I saw.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #29102
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
And with the same bike you owned on the previous tag even though you sold it and killed another bike and before buying it again.
Yep. The things I do for tag. I knew that night that tag would be revived in a few months, so I sabotaged the KLR in order to be able to buy back the Connie so I could make the grab. Let's see MOB have that kind of dedication.

"Iím lost. Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #29103
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,092
New Tag thread

Our new and improved Tag thread is located here.
jgiacobbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #29104
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Shoot

Looks like I'm staying in Richmond. Monica didn't get the job in Portland. In spite of being the front runner by a long, long shot ... and despite the posted job description having the word EXPERIENCED in several places and yes, even in caps ... the top bean counter overrode everyone else and made a job offer to a dude straight out of school. Never mind they wanted to build a practice, having a lower paid slave is apparently more important. The wife is pretty beaten up about it. Ego took a big hit. Oh well, we'll press on. So ... looks like you guys are stuck with me for a while longer.

"Iím lost. Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
Old 06-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #29105
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

That stinks but if that is the way it is being played it is probably for the best. If they are cheaping out at this point you can bet she would of gotten there and then ran into issues elsewhere in the practice.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #29106
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
Looks like I'm staying in Richmond. Monica didn't get the job in Portland. In spite of being the front runner by a long, long shot ... and despite the posted job description having the word EXPERIENCED in several places and yes, even in caps ... the top bean counter overrode everyone else and made a job offer to a dude straight out of school. Never mind they wanted to build a practice, having a lower paid slave is apparently more important. The wife is pretty beaten up about it. Ego took a big hit. Oh well, we'll press on. So ... looks like you guys are stuck with me for a while longer.
Sorry to hear. I'm glad we won't be losing one of our own quite yet. I'm sure things will work out for the best in the long run.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 06-20-2014, 04:07 AM   #29107
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Oddometer: 3,434
Dang that is terrible. So the house sold now?!?! What are you going to do buy another?
Old 06-20-2014, 04:35 AM   #29108
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 567
Rte

RTE today? Mission BBQ at the old Kmart Broad and Glenside is mighty tasty!!!

Gets busy at noon so I'd suggest 1145 or 1:15 to miss the crazyness. Not terrible busy, but lined up to order 15-20 deep (it is that good!).

81 XT/TT 500 83 BMW R80S (RT with S bits)
00 ZRX 1100 XR 100 XR 20
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:28 AM   #29109
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,278
Quote:
Cub Creek is a beautiful little road.

Kept seeing little roads off it and wondering what was up there....anyone know? Looked like forest service land.

Wintergreen sure does have a nice spot...but I sure wouldn't want to live there. I go to the mountains I want to get away from people...not nest with them.
Glad you liked it. The little roads look like this? :

It's the Lesegne (sp?) State Forest, they timbered it a couple of years ago. Foot traffic only.
I often ride Cub Creek from 664 (road up to W'Green from 151) to 56, then down to Massies Mill, through Jack Hill Rd. to Alhambra/FR63. The Pharsalia loop is also very pretty and will take you to Massies Mill from almost directly across where Cub Ck. intersects 56.
OldnoGPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:37 AM   #29110
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldnoGPS View Post
Glad you liked it. The little roads look like this? :

It's the Lesegne (sp?) State Forest, they timbered it a couple of years ago. Foot traffic only.
I often ride Cub Creek from 664 (road up to W'Green from 151) to 56, then down to Massies Mill, through Jack Hill Rd. to Alhambra/FR63. The Pharsalia loop is also very pretty and will take you to Massies Mill from almost directly across where Cub Ck. intersects 56.
I have got to drag the XT out there and go exploring.... So beautiful.

Jack's hill, Alhambra, etc. When I used to live in Scottsville I only had road bikes. I didn't have a clue as to what I was missing. DAMN!!!!

81 XT/TT 500 83 BMW R80S (RT with S bits)
00 ZRX 1100 XR 100 XR 20
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:51 AM   #29111
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Quote:

Gets busy at noon so I'd suggest 1145 or 1:15 to miss the crazyness. Not terrible busy, but lined up to order 15-20 deep (it is that good!).
Count me as a maybe. If I finish at the VW dealer quick enough I'll make it.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #29112
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganos View Post
Dang that is terrible. So the house sold now?!?! What are you going to do buy another?
House is sold, and we're out of here on 7/11. Moving into an "Exec-U-Stay" in Short Pump for a couple of months while we figure something out. One of our rentals might be losing its tenants soon, so that's an option. Or we might buy something for ourselves here. The wife is still a little down, so I suppose we'll wait and see if she's going to pursue another opportunity out of state. In the meantime, she can continue to do coverage between MCV and UVA for a while longer yet.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:53 AM   #29113
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
House is sold, and we're out of here on 7/11. Moving into an "Exec-U-Stay" in Short Pump for a couple of months while we figure something out. One of our rentals might be losing its tenants soon, so that's an option. Or we might buy something for ourselves here. The wife is still a little down, so I suppose we'll wait and see if she's going to pursue another opportunity out of state. In the meantime, she can continue to do coverage between MCV and UVA for a while longer yet.
Sorry to hear that. If you ever need any Realtor help, you know who to call.

<---
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
Old 06-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #29114
mattgoff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Quote:

The means suck for sure. I know you were both excited about the prospect of moving out west and trying on a new adventure based on our Kraken inspired conversations.

Maybe you can cheer yourself up with a new bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattgoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #29115
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Quote:

I'm in. I'd say 11:40 or so to meet there.