ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #29116
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
I'm in. I'd say 11:40 or so to meet there.

Alrright! Plan for 1140 at mission Barbeque. Really good stuff!!!!! Surprisingly good stuff!! I'd put it up against Alamo BBQ,

81 XT/TT 500 83 BMW R80S (RT with S bits)
00 ZRX 1100 XR 100 XR 20
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #29117
longslowdistance
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Schuberth C3 for sale

Grey size L. bought less than 2 years ago at Morton's, used about 10 times, never crashed, dropped or abused. Stored in a cool, dry place, no fumes, etc.
$300. Includes the pinlock antifog insert. Selling just because I want a more visible white one.
Dave (Hanover County)
pm me
longslowdistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #29118
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 807
Looks like I'm heading out to Afton and Charlottesville to hit some wineries today with the wife. These are the days that I wish I had a nice big bike so I could convince her to take a motorcycle out.
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #29119
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by longslowdistance View Post
Grey size L. bought less than 2 years ago at Morton's, used about 10 times, never crashed, dropped or abused. Stored in a cool, dry place, no fumes, etc.
$300. Includes the pinlock antifog insert. Selling just because I want a more visible white one.
Dave (Hanover County)
pm me
Dibs...I want to try it on first please. I wear a 7 1/4, a Med Arai. I'm not sure how Shuberth's sizing runs. PM inbound.

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 06-20-2014 at 09:22 AM
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #29120
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 934
Helmet

Eddy .....
Your slipping! You allowed one post before you jumped on that helmet. . I can wait to see if the helmet fits you or I can offer him $310. That's still a great deal. I'm kidding Eddy. I am serious about being second in line if it doesn't fit you.

Rick ..... Sorry to hear about the news. Welcome back for now.

skychs screwed with this post 06-20-2014 at 03:19 PM
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #29121
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,195
Chuck, back off! Lol! I tried on a large Schubert today at Morton's and it fit great! It's mine!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #29122
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,092
Took the Khaki Kruzer out for its first big run today. I did a 50 mile loop around town this morning before meeting for the RTE at Mission BBQ. Then ran home and switched to my newer clunkier boots and filled up my camelback. Zoomed out 64 to the BRP. Ran south to 56 then to Cabell to Howardsville and back roads to Fork Union before running home via 6 and 64. All told about 280 miles for the day.

It seems I cannot ride this bike without getting rained on. A little rain shower found me on the BRP. I guess it is mother nature's way of trying to wash off the color. I was worried at the start of the day about how my arms would hold up to the lean but nope. It is my legs that hurt. Not the same soreness I get from a 250 mile on the Vstrom either. That being said it was a great ride. I apparently ride more than the PO did because I pushed past all the previous chicken strips without trying. Riding a quick pace is a lot easier on this thing but it isn't as comfortable on the bumpy roads.

I also confirmed that beverages should only be carried in a tank bag. I had a gatorade open up in my hard side case. Good news they are watertight and held all the liquid until I opened up the side case. Luckily I didn't have anything else in the bag.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #29123
Dirtmonkey8
VA is for Riders

Oddometer: 1,028
If you rode that far on your first trip you and your body may get used to the new riding position. Or you are tough as nails and your pain threshold is so high you don't know when you are really hurting yourself. Does the suspension have any compression dampening settings. I am sure the bike is much stiffer than the strom, but it is also possible someone set it on the stiffer side. My FJR used to make my guts hurt on some roads. Played with the settings and followed advice from forums and made a decent improvement. Congrats on out turning the PO. Does the khaki turn heads like an exotic car?
Old 06-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #29124
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmonkey8 View Post
If you rode that far on your first trip you and your body may get used to the new riding position. Or you are tough as nails and your pain threshold is so high you don't know when you are really hurting yourself. Does the suspension have any compression dampening settings. I am sure the bike is much stiffer than the strom, but it is also possible someone set it on the stiffer side. My FJR used to make my guts hurt on some roads. Played with the settings and followed advice from forums and made a decent improvement. Congrats on out turning the PO. Does the khaki turn heads like an exotic car?
No idea what adjustments are there other than preload. Suspension isn't that bad. I'm running pretty stiff springson the DL with racetec gold valves. It feels pretty stiff but also seems to smooth over the big bumps pretty good. The VFR doesn't and just transmits the big bumps to you.

My soreness is pretty limited to the back of my legs. I expected my knees, back and shoulders to hurt but the don't. Pretty sure it is just from the riding position and not being able to stand up while riding. Once I started to hurt, stopping and stretching allowed me to move on. At the end I was grateful for red lights so I could put my feet down and stand up for a few moments.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #29125
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oddometer: 568
Noon today...

I'll be there on the XT close to noon...

81 XT/TT 500 83 BMW R80S (RT with S bits)
00 ZRX 1100 XR 100 XR 20
Sic Semper Tyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #29126
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,841
The rain looks like it is letting up. It may be two wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
Noon today...

I'll be there on the XT close to noon...

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #29127
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
Looks like I'm staying in Richmond...
Sorry to hear. (in a way) I could tell y'all were looking forward to it.

Oh well, good for us though. Now if we can just get that Michhub guy back here we'll be good as new.

ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #29128
ddlewis
squirrel

Oddometer: 1,535
Jdrocks and I rode out to Laurel fork yesterday and camped last night. Took off early and slabbed it out to Staunton.. picked up gravel off of Deerfield and from there miles and miles of mostly freshly graded gravel.. zigged and zagged our way out to Laurel Fork. We figured about a 100 miles of the gravel sections.

Got to LF just in time to have a couple beers (no Kracken!) meet our neigbors and set up our camp before it started raining.. I ended up in the hammock at 8p, nothing else to do.. I climbed in and thought dadgummit, there's no way I'll fall asleep, it's still light and ... zzzzzzz Next thing I know it's 4:30a and eyes wide open. Nice ride out early this morning too. Dark misty forests, very cool.

No pics.. I suck. Close your eyes and imagine a badass DR and the jdrocks ninja-gravel-beast covered in crud and parked on a majestic moutain top overlooking a beautiful green valley. If I had pics they would be just like that..
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #29129
Titans804
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Any rides planned for tomorrow?
Titans804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #29130
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans804 View Post
Any rides planned for tomorrow?
Not planned per say other than planning on getting out.