ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #3466
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R
I was by there about 6 weeks ago, and it was "Closed by management". No further info was posted. I'd check before heading out there.... BUT, you're right. It's an awesome place, even without the historic "Mammoth Burger." I can't think of a single place on Rt 6, other than "the chicken place" up at Scottsville.
''

It's open. According to the waitress, the manager just decided to up and close for 2 weeks and go on vacation without much heads up to staff. They were none too pleased. But they're back now and everything is still great.

In other news, things didn't work out for the Connie I was looking to get today. Tommy was nice enough to call this am after he found the bike was leaking some oil. Wasn't sure where it was coming from. He might be able to have a guy look at it down there and see what the verdict is, but for now it's on hold, and I'll start shopping around again in case something else pops up..
Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #3467
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,811
Laugh don't freak out Mike...

I should have rode down with Guy this a.m., (did he run down there?)
Hang tough dude, there is NOTHING on a Conni where "oil leaks" that can't be fixed correctly for minimal$$ and a few minutes of time, both he and I could assure you of this, likely one of the common spots, water pump oil seal, line at the cooler, balancer seal, or shifter seal...all of which are less than $20 to fix, and both Guy and I have those seals in hand right now...
(one stop-fix-it-shop), actually we both carry these at all times on the bike to "share" with fellow COG'rs at our rides and rallies (where 90% of all failures occur, murphy's law...)

Gimme a call, I'll shoot a call to Guy and tommy...hang tight, I'm off this week as is guy, might make another "run" very shortly, we wanna see you on a Conni, and Smiling!!!
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #3468
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,964
Bummer on the Connie Mike. Hope something works out for you.

I dislike oil leaks myself.

Now Satterwhites... that's good news. I could use some onion rings! Maybe I'll ride over there a little later this evening.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #3469
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Thumb ok...

Just talked to Tommy...he's feeling kinda silly because it may be a self-induced panic...
He says he sprayed the kickstand pivot point "generously" with WD--40 the other day, and it sounds like he basically oversprayed and this "cleaned" the bottom pan, and it all draned down into one spot on the floor, causing him to panic. He can't see any leakage anywhere now, and has ridden, and will ride it again to make sure after cleaning the residue from his "spritz-fest". He'll call me shortly with his observations, so don't freak on the bike, I trust him totally, he won't hide anything to sell the bike, and he has taken good care of his machines.

sit-rep upcoming
Old 09-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #3470
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Well, as I told Tommy, if he finds out what it is, and it's something simple, then great I'll still do it. But I just didn't want to bring it home and have to shell out a lot of extra $$$$ to get it going....

And I very much appreciated him calling this am with his concerns. Thought that was decent 'cause he could have easily not said anything and hoped it wasn't noticed. Great guy.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #3471
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Murphy's law

as Rich said, don;t know wants going on with this site, but explained want was going on and ADV forum just took me back to the main menu. Anyway it's not the kickstand there is a leak, and I suspect, with Rich's help it's from the water pump. Mike I understand completely, I don;t want to sell a bike with problems. , and you want to ride not be fixing a bike. Anyway call me if you want.
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #3472
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Thumb look at the bright side..

You wouldn't be able to transfer the title and get plates till Tuesday anyways, and sitting on it in the driveway going Vrrroooooom for 3 days woulda drove your wife nuts....

relax, you have my services at your disposal, for free, just because i can't give up that COG tech dude reputation....
(hey, I'm working remotely this weekend solving VaTraders Conni woes simultaniously...that's what I call multi-tasking.....heheheeh )

the wages ain't much (0), but nothing beats seeing smiling people riding my favorite bike. and I'm sincere in that statement.

Tommy, call Murph....got his number?
I have to order a bunch of stuff myself....
Old 09-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #3473
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,434
I'm not sure why Tom didn't call me?? I called an hour or so ago to see what he was up to and he told me the deal with the bike. Sounds like the water pump seal or the shifter seal. Like Rich said, no big deal.

My '01 started dumping anti-freeze right before I sold it to Dawg. Guess what, he GAVE me a water pump from his parts bike to fix it, damn Coggers, what a gang.

I guess I could stop over tues on the way home from work and check it out to see the issue, he could order the part and we could have it fixed in short order.

i usually don't get home from work until about 1930 though, will you still be awake Tom?
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #3474
teeter
Frank Zappa the 6th

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colemanskeeper
Teeter is trying to figure out a good spot to meet and ride 6 out and maybe back on 56?!?!?
You nailed it. And I was trying to post an invite but apparently you broke page 231.

I actually did 3 runs on 56 this morning. (The first two weren't quite perfect..)

teeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #3475
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

It's on

Roger, you know my bed time, 1930, I;m on my second dream by then. Yea with Guy's and Rich help it might still come off, yea I agree what a gang, I remember Roger spending 4 hours putting in my 7th gear (red bike) and then running over to Paul's to install my gear box in his, and Paul doing my Valve adj. Mike even if you buy a different Bike, then a Connie, join COG, it's 37 bucks that will keep giving back. Oh yea, I will owe Guy a 12 which I can afford, and Rich as well, but don't know if I can afford Rich's. OK ,0900 at Guy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123
I'm not sure why Tom didn't call me?? I called an hour or so ago to see what he was up to and he told me the deal with the bike. Sounds like the water pump seal or the shifter seal. Like Rich said, no big deal.

My '01 started dumping anti-freeze right before I sold it to Dawg. Guess what, he GAVE me a water pump from his parts bike to fix it, damn Coggers, what a gang.

I guess I could stop over tues on the way home from work and check it out to see the issue, he could order the part and we could have it fixed in short order.

i usually don't get home from work until about 1930 though, will you still be awake Tom?
COG 6517
Old 09-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #3476
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,768
Monday..?

Now that i have done my duties and helped Mom move the last two days, any one going on any interesting rides that I could tag along on tomorrow or is it going to be a nice long solo ride for me?

What what a long sentence. Mike it sounds like all the COGs are mobilizing to get that one fixed for you to buy. I have a feeling that if you don't buy it after you fix it, you better check your bike real good before riding. The might want revenge.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #3477
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhof
Mike even if you buy a different Bike, then a Connie, join COG, it's 37 bucks that will keep giving back.
Already done, I'm # 8880

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe
Mike it sounds like all the COGs are mobilizing to get that one fixed for you to buy.....
Yea, looking better. I'd have ridden the Ninja with ya tomorrow, but it looks like I'll be a busy boy now..
Old 09-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #3478
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Best of both worlds's

COG and ADV.
COG 6517
Old 09-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #3479
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhof
COG and ADV.
COG, ADV, and , for now, Ninja250.org...
Old 09-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #3480
Colemanskeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
catch me next time

I'm booked up for this weekend...try me next time. I really want to make that run soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeter
You nailed it. And I was trying to post an invite but apparently you broke page 231.

I actually did 3 runs on 56 this morning. (The first two weren't quite perfect..)