ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #5161
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young
Watch it to the end.
What?! You mean it's hard to steer well with Ape hangers??
Old 03-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #5162
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,925
Skippii will be devastated to hear that since it was his intention to use them on the Thundercu*t dirt chopper
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #5163
Colemanskeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
third time's the charm

seeing that head lamp assembly bounce on the asphalt for the third loop just about had me on the floor
Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #5164
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,741
My Daddy used to say "don't do tricks boy, you'll just tear your bike up, ride it."

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #5165
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,738
What a way to say don't try this at home.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #5166
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenflyfarmer
Harley Alert
You know who you are. In the Times Dispatch
05 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Red 7225 miles
Excellent Condition, one owner $5900
charle@netscape.com

Holy Moly, I think that's a deal if you want one like that.
With a deal like that, I could afford a pair of fanny-less chaps too!

I've tried to contact the advertiser. We'll see.

I missed a screaming deal on a mint 85 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade a couple of days ago. I hesitated for about 12 hours, and it was sold.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:49 AM   #5167
dhillr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe
But I keep wondering why people think leather tassles are cool. There is a bike I've seen going on base that has 2 foot tassles from the ape hangers along with tassles hanging from the crash bars and language. I keep thinking the dude is really pushing the don't ask don't tell policy to it's limits.

I can understand a touring bike, but i can't understand the ape hangers and leather in places other than clothing or seats.
The really long ones on the bars allow you to ride it like a horsey, holding the reigns.

Drives the leathery biker babes crazy!!.... especially when you do it drunk while not wearing a helmet.
dhillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #5168
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Quote:
Harley Alert
You know who you are. In the Times Dispatch
05 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Red 7225 miles
Excellent Condition, one owner $5900
charle@netscape.com

Holy Moly, I think that's a deal if you want one like that.

What a great deal!

Here's the email reply I got:

Hi there Jimmy,

Thank you for your interest in my 2005 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glide FLHTCUI with only 7,225 miles. The bike is in excellent condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects and has an accident free history. It is still registered in the States and has a clear title.

Right now the bike is in Edmonton, Canada and from here will be shipped. The price is so good because after I broke up with my wife I took the bike and she took our house! Well at least until we will meet in the court again.

I have paid good money on it but due my personal problems I am willing to let it go for $5,900 US dollars. Shipping and handling fees to US will be $600 so the total price for you to receive it will be $6,500.

Due to amount involved and the fact we can't deal in person, I suggest using the security provided by eBay. You will have the bike for inspection and test drive BEFORE any money is released to me. That's the eBay's procedure.

Please forward any questions about the bike or the transaction and I'll reply in a timely fashion.

Thank you,
James Salski

Other than saying....

What do you suggest I say in reply?

Old 03-11-2010, 01:42 PM   #5169
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 12,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Jimmy

What do you suggest I say in reply?

It's his lucky day.

Quote:
Dear Sir,

I am markson Kamara the only son of late former Director of finance, Chief Vincent R. Kamara of Sierra-Leone diamond and mining corporation. I must confess my agitation is real, and my words are my bond in this proposal. My late father diverted this fund acquired from the over influencing of price of sales/purchasing of raw materials., now he deposited the money with a BANK IN ABIDJAN BY FIXED DEPOSIT FORM, where I am residing under political asylum with my younger sister Juliet who is 17 years old. Now the war in my country is overwith the help of ECOMOG soldiers, the present government of Sierra Leone has revoked the passport of all officers who served under the former regime and now ask countries to expel such person at the same time, freeze their account and confiscate their assets, it is on this note that I am contacting you, all I needed from you is to furnish me with your bank particulars:

1) Bank name
2) Account name
3) Account number
4) Bank address, telephone and fax numbers to enable me transfer this money in your private bank account, the said amount is tweenty Six Million United States Dollars (US$26.000.000.00).

I am compensating you with 20% of the total money amount, now all my hope is banked on you and I really want to invest this money in your country, where there is stability of Government, political and economic welfare. Honestly I want you to believe that this transaction is real and never a joke. My late father Chief Kamara gave me the photocopy of the deposit certificate issued to him by the BANK IN ABIDJAN on the date of deposit, and he called me closer to his bed side before his call to glory (R.I.P) that I should pray to God first, before contacting any foreigner and he warned me strictly not to deal with a greedy and evil minded people since this is the only legacy we are inheriting from him.

Please, for you to be clarified because, I do not expose myself to anybody I see, I believe that you are able to keep this transaction secret for me because this money is the hope of my life, it is important. Please contact me immediately after you must have gone through my message, and feel free to make it urgent. That is the reason why I offered you 20 % of the total amount, and in case of any other necessary expenses you might incure during this transaction including your telephone calls.

N.B: Try and negotiate for me some profitable blue chip investment opportunities which is risk free that I can invest with this money when it is transferred to your account, and you will be our guardian, personally I am interested in estate management and hotel business, please advise me. Contact me immediately you receive this message for more explanation. And promise me and Juliet my younger sister to be a father considering our situation and not to betray us please.

Thanks and God bless

Best regards

Markson / Juliet Kamara
(markson2@latinmail.com)

NB: my late father used me the only son as the beneficiary / next of kin on theday of deposit and also told me that I need an assistance of a foreigner with alegitimate bank Account abroad who will stand as co-beneficiary and partner abroad.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #5170
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave
Ask him for pics of the wife, silly .

You know I'm kiddin' Jimmy . Just sayin' hello

Whazzup Dave!

Old 03-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #5171
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni
It's his lucky day.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #5172
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,311
Jimmy, you ever get any of that 30 Carbine??

I just ordered another 500 rnds. this a.m.

Color me, "Addicted to Ammo!"

Old 03-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #5173
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 1,996
his lucky day

Say that you just happen to be some place about an hour away from there next week on business. Tell him you'd like to stop by and look at the bike then and possibly take delivery.

I love these. The other week a buddy wanted to buy a mac laptop and when he inquired the seller claimed to be in London. Was going to tell them I would be there on business in a couple weeks.

I figure that there must be some possible entertainment value in this.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #5174
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,741
Jimmy,

So let me get this straight. He's in Canada with the bike but he's selling it in Richmond? Help me understand this Mr. Salski, I'm confused. How about a wild goose, can you throw one of those in on the deal?

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #5175
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,311
Quote:
Jimmy,

So let me get this straight. He's in Canada with the bike but he's selling it in Richmond? Help me understand this Mr. Salski, I'm confused. How about a wild goose, can you throw one of those in on the deal?
I suspect if you did a search on various Craig's Lists around the country, you'd find the same bike.