ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #5281
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,989
I was just looking at that Mike. It looks like a good deal. I loved those.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #5282
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn
...How about a family ADV campout at the Munn Farm? Father/son, father/daughter, moms, whomever wishes to come, camp and ride in a very safe environement. I think that would be a blast. Anyone with chilluns interested in that?

Definitely, but my boy has trouble reaching the bars.

Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #5283
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni

Old 03-23-2010, 02:14 PM   #5284
mikeinrichmond OP
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Jimmy
Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on most department owned lands, including Nottoway Lake. I searched the agency's website pretty thoroughly and could not find the regulation online, so I called the Farmville Regional Office and spoke with one of the officers there.

Generally speaking, the regulation is not actively pursued but if officers see people openly consuming in the parking area or on a boat, they will ask them to pour out the open container.

I was assured that signs are posted, at least in the information kiosk. Other signs are also posted, but are frequently stolen.

I'm assuming that alcohol enforcement activities are on the rise this year. With the federal reimbursement dollars associated with Operation Dry Water, Boat Safe, and others, the agency would more than likely have officers assigned to those duties that bring fed $ back into the agency, rather than focusing on duties that do not have reimbursement $ attached to them.

If it would have been me, I would have confiscated the illegal liquor and brought it to an ADV function for proper disposal.

Just kidding!
Thanks for all the info guys!! Perhaps since they had been having a couple of beer while fishing there for years, that they thought it wasn't an issue. My friend did note that the sign only said something like 'no alcohol beverages on the landing' or some such. I'll relay the info...
Old 03-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #5285
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn
I certainly do. We just got back last night from another 10 days over there, and way too many Maple doughnuts! I think we need to do this. Let me talk to Teresa and see when it might be do-able. The ground tends to be really muddy and trecherous early in the spring. Most trails would need TKCs or an equivalent when muddy.

On another completely different note. We had two good friends stay with us, who brought their sons and their dirt bikes. We had so much fun teaching those young'uns and watching them ride that we came up with an idea. How about a family ADV campout at the Munn Farm? Father/son, father/daughter, moms, whomever wishes to come, camp and ride in a very safe environement. I think that would be a blast. Anyone with chilluns interested in that?

I would even control my hatred for trailed bikes since the kids can't actually ride to WV. Moms would be welcome too. But this would be a family with kids camping weekend only. We could do the adult campout some other weekend. Do we have any takers?

jeff
I might be interested.. My son, who is 4, has had a PW50 for a year now. He still has the training wheels and the throttle set pretty low but he loves to ride. He especially like to follow Daddy around. I know he would enjoy camping in a tent and riding dirt bikes. Now Momma only does camping in the RV.

Sounds like a good time. I could bring my WR too. Let me know if you get something together.

Graham

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #5286
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu

Oddometer: 1,392
Lunch??

Hey.. Anyone want to do lunch this week? Buz and Neds? Tomorrow? 11:30?

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #5287
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceviewbehindbars
I might be interested.. My son, who is 4, has had a PW50 for a year now. He still has the training wheels and the throttle set pretty low but he loves to ride. He especially like to follow Daddy around. I know he would enjoy camping in a tent and riding dirt bikes. Now Momma only does camping in the RV.

Sounds like a good time. I could bring my WR too. Let me know if you get something together.

Graham
Sounds good. We have about 40 acres of open hay fields to let them loose on, and about 100 acres with trails. Perfect learning place with nothing to hit. Even might have room for an RV, somewhere. This will be a family thang.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #5288
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Quote:
I'd love to, but my baby and I have taken the day off to spend some time together. Nothing personal, but ADV guys are not a part of our plan.

I'd be good for Thurs or Fri though!
Old 03-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #5289
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,737
Quote:
I can do that with a bluetooth ear piece
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #5290
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni

He's not even trying, need to teach that boy to lean, lean man lean!!

COG 5903
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #5291
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,761
[quote=Jeff Munn]Sounds good. We have about 40 acres of open hay fields to let them loose on, and about 100 acres with trails. Perfect learning place with nothing to hit. Even might have room for an RV, somewhere. This will be a family
thang.

Well that's mighty kind of you Jeff. My son (12)is showing a lot of interest in riding his Honda XR 80. It's running rough and I need to get it straighten out. But if the dates work, I'd love to get him out, it's been awhile.

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #5292
UpST8
turnin gas to noise

Oddometer: 6,991
When is the Munn family fun day? Too lazy to search post. Don't have a youngster to teach, but wife is in need and I am teachable too

cRAzY
UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #5293
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,984
Family Camp and Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8
When is the Munn family fun day? Too lazy to search post. Don't have a youngster to teach, but wife is in need and I am teachable too
I'm leaning towards Memorial Day weekend, if we can get enough who want it. Am planning a low key, camp, ride, relax, weekend. Have a couple propane grills that can be used for cooking. Lots of fire wood for campfires and smores cooking. Might even get a porta-john if needed. Wives are welcome, but will they camp? We do have hot showers and nice toilets inside for them if needed. We can use the woods! God it is great to be a boy, the whole world is your toilet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenflyfarmer
Well that's mighty kind of you Jeff. My son (12)is showing a lot of interest in riding his Honda XR 80. It's running rough and I need to get it straighten out. But if the dates work, I'd love to get him out, it's been awhile.
So far I know we have a 10 y.o, a 7 y.o. and me (52 y.o going on 14) The bikes are a CRF70R, a PW80, and XR100, etc. It would be neat to have an ADV-in-training gang photo op.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #5294
rctr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
graham,

are you still heading to see buzz tomorrow?

jimmy
Old 03-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #5295
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,761
Jeff,

Well we are out on Memorial Day weekend, my Father will turn 75 on June 2 and we are going to throw a nice party on his farm. He doesn't know, should be a hoot!

Thanks anyway, y'all have fun.

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote