ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #9031
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,474
It's just like the stupid federal lead law (CPSIA). The real intent is concealed.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #9032
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,662
Jimmy you are right, when you look at the link and not just the post text, only motorcycles, three wheelers are excluded though. How about a side car?

Virginia just gets more and more strict about everything, no wiggle room for personal freedom.

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #9033
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenflyfarmer View Post
Jimmy you are right, when you look at the link and not just the post text, only motorcycles, three wheelers are excluded though. How about a side car?

Virginia just gets more and more strict about everything, no wiggle room for personal freedom.
Yep, I think sidecars would be included. Case law has probably already spoken to that.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #9034
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 1,971
What really concerns me about this bill is no mention of dirtbikes. So...no more XR50's or PW50's for the kids in the backyard?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #9035
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,606
That could be a loop hole. No plate ? Might not qualify as a bike.

This is bad policy. I do get a kick out of the T. Mcgrath lawyer bringing "patriotism" into play in the first paragraph. True blue Americans from the left and right have chiseled away at our rights for years.
I oppose this law change because it is misguided . Don't try to get my hackles up by calling my love of country into question.

that stuff always makes me chuckle.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #9036
kwn306
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 424
Hb 1850

Law should be that the childs feet have to rest on the passenger foot pegs and be able to stand up on the pegs to lift themselves off the seat no matter the age, IMHO

It was either 3 or 5 years ago in VA a young child (I think 5 - 6 yrs old) was riding with his father, the kid was secured to Dad with a harness, fell asleep, rocked over to the right side, feet didn't touch the foot pegs, foot ended up in the rear spokes, kid lost his right foot.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for my grandson to be able to ride, with ATGATT, but common sense needs to be used, age shouldn't be a factor if this bill moves forward.

Between the Feds and the lead paint rule and VA with the 8 year old rule, kids are doomed to become X Box / WII vegtables.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #9037
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu

Oddometer: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R View Post
I believe the intent of that law is to totally prohibit children under the age of 8 to be a passenger or operator of any motorcycle. At least, that's the way it will be interpreted as the bill is currently worded. (Note that this is a bill that will amend and already poorly worded piece of legislation.)

I would be very surprised if this bill finds any traction. Most likely, it was written as "payback" to someone who has an issue w/ kids on bikes. Still, it's worth a call or note to your legislator in the House.
Yea, I didn't read it all the way through. I thought it was something about that lead law that has been ongoing for the last couple years. I emailed my legislator.

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #9038
Smiziley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
Is there a MS Excel Guru on here? Having a problem hyperlinking a file to a network shared workbook. Have tried =HYPERLINK("url","name of file") etc and no dice. have Excel 2007. Web hasn't been much help. Any info appreciated via PM, etc

thanks,
j
Fix it yet?

This might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928737
Old 01-14-2011, 05:12 AM   #9039
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,830
Fix it yet?

This might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928737[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80

JHVA screwed with this post 01-14-2011 at 05:22 AM
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #9040
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 1,971
Beware matey of the dreaded Chesterfield County Pirates!

Just venting...
During the past several weeks, I have intermittently seen a Chesterfield County Pirate running radar just outside of my neighborhood. While I have never paid him any mind, this morning I was lucky enough to receive a personal greeting from Officer Scuderi due to a two week old expired inspection sticker on my truck.
I was honestly VERY surprised that this young man (who obviously wasn't going to waste his time giving me a warning while standing outside at 7:38 am when it's 19 degrees) wrote me a summons to go to court in March! Seriously!? Do you really think I'm going to blow a whole morning seeing patients for a $75 fine!?
Now, I know that he sees me as a dangerous lawbreaker with a spotless 26 year old driving record screaming down the road at 27 mph in a 25 mph zone with my 5 year old partner in crime strapped into his car seat on my way to daycare with a inspection sticker that is TWO WEEKS overdue, but don't you think he could have simply said "get it inspected before I see you again on Monday!"
I guess you know what I'll be telling the Chesterfield County Police Foundation when they call me again this year asking for another donation...
Old 01-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #9041
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo23831 View Post
Just venting...
During the past several weeks, I have intermittently seen a Chesterfield County Pirate running radar just outside of my neighborhood. While I have never paid him any mind, this morning I was lucky enough to receive a personal greeting from Officer Scuderi due to a two week old expired inspection sticker on my truck.
I was honestly VERY surprised that this young man (who obviously wasn't going to waste his time giving me a warning while standing outside at 7:38 am when it's 19 degrees) wrote me a summons to go to court in March! Seriously!? Do you really think I'm going to blow a whole morning seeing patients for a $75 fine!?
Now, I know that he sees me as a dangerous lawbreaker with a spotless 26 year old driving record screaming down the road at 27 mph in a 25 mph zone with my 5 year old partner in crime strapped into his car seat on my way to daycare with a inspection sticker that is TWO WEEKS overdue, but don't you think he could have simply said "get it inspected before I see you again on Monday!"
I guess you know what I'll be telling the Chesterfield County Police Foundation when they call me again this year asking for another donation...
Criminal!

Many thanks for contributing to the County's coffers. I'm sure it will have a huge effect on my real estate taxes.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #9042
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,606
I am not allowed to associate with known criminals

Dirt Doctor! will be rolling through the Capitol today.. I have a key for ya call me.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #9043
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,662
Ed,

Please tell him to come over to my neighborhood. I'd welcome some more attention over here. I'm gonna get run over one morning just walking the dog. And no, I ain't wearing any hiviz gear or flashing lights, I'm walking my dog for heaven sakes.

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #9044
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,830
I got nabbed in Williamsburg when my inspection sticker was 1 day late. The cop was nice enough and said go get the car inspected and the Judge would waive the $50 fine.

So, I took a day off and showed the Judge the pink slip thingy and she waived the fine. Just had to pay $80 in court costs! Should have just paid the fine and not burned a vacation day.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #9045
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer: 32,792
Wednesday was not a good day for me.

I got a 56 in a 45 in Spotsy on my way to work.

This is 3 in 2 1/2 years. All 11 or 12 over. All speed traps. Damnit. I'm just going to stick to I-95.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote