ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #10201
MGB
ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer: 1,842
I've got a like-new 2002 Polaris Ranger 6X6 for sale, let me konw if your interested. 116 hours of light use, stored indoors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceviewbehindbars View Post
Yep, just the GS. My wife has been bugging me to get one of those Polaris Ranger side by sides to take the kids to the bus stop and cruise around the ponderosa.

At some point I would like to find a 06+ Triumph Scrambler.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 AM   #10202
jwray76
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGB View Post
I've got a like-new 2002 Polaris Ranger 6X6 for sale, let me konw if your interested. 116 hours of light use, stored indoors.
Interested in trading for a Tiger? Even if not I may be interested depending on $$$
jwray76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #10203
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,045
Sadly, it's not looking like very good weather at all for the Morton's thing tomorrow!

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USVA0719
Old 04-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #10204
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Sadly, it's not looking like very good weather at all for the Morton's thing tomorrow!

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USVA0719
Since when does a GS rider worry about rain?

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #10205
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,045
I dunno??? How about if it's blowing hail sideways at 25 mph and kills 9 people in 24 hours...!

(I know you are kidding and I am certainly not making fun of those hurt or killed in any way, I'm just saying check the weather and be very careful if you ride or drive tomorrow as she's kicking serious ass in the South right now.)
Old 04-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #10206
MGB
ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwray76 View Post
Interested in trading for a Tiger? Even if not I may be interested depending on $$$
visit Norfolk craigslist - search Polaris Ranger - I just took some photo's this weekend and can send them your way. It's up in the mountains, I can deliver along the Amherst - Charlottesville - Hampton route.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...polaris+ranger
Old 04-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #10207
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
I dunno??? How about if it's blowing hail sideways at 25 mph and kills 9 people in 24 hours...!

(I know you are kidding and I am certainly not making fun of those hurt or killed in any way, I'm just saying check the weather and be very careful if you ride or drive tomorrow as she's kicking serious ass in the South right now.)
Yes. Keep an eye on that storm system for sure.

I'm out of commission with pulled muscle in my lower back, so no Morton's for me anyway.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
Old 04-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #10208
Xamot
Fringe Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Mortons

Hey Doc and Mitch, we are planning on being there but are driving up in the cage mobiles! Sounds like we will be getting a really nasty storm on Saturday and if that stuff is true about hail blowing sideways and killing nine people out west of us I will pass of riding the GS for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDoctor View Post
I was planning on riding up.I'm running the Crossover 5K in Ginter Park earlier that morning with my boys.Depending on how I feel after the race and weather permitting I may ride up or cage up.Gonna play it by ear...hope to see you guys there.
Xamot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #10209
Xamot
Fringe Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Ride last Sunday

So I am finally getting up some pictures from the ride last Sunday. I have been swamped at work today and finally able to get them posted. I had an absolute blast with all of you guys and I loved the route from where 6 and 56 intersect all the way to Montebello! I had never been on that side of 56 and honestly enjoyed that more than the BRP. I am going to just post a string of pics to help keep it short so here we go:

The inmates at the corner of 711 and 522:

The bikes:

A gratuitous shot of my lovely GS in the foreground, just because I think she is the hottest thing on pavement!:

Mitch pulling in off of 56, with a eating grin on his face I am sure!:

Jeremy behind me on the BRP with Mitch and Doc Dirt in tow:

Olga and Sir Sparkz:

A group ADV Salute! Well, except for Mitch who we didn't want to get into trouble with the CO for taking "suggestive pictures"!:

Olga with the Rock Star ADV Salute!:

And a few shots of the inmates at rest, or maybe just bummed out because we all realized the ride was almost over:

And a couple of over the shoulder shots to finish it up:

I know I had a blast riding with you guys and look forward to doing so again some time soon! It is really nice to finally be meeting some of the Richmond inmates! So here's to the next one!
Xamot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #10210
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,276
Oxy/acet/gas supplies

Does anyone in this freakin' town refill (keyword refill) personal oxygen or argon tanks?

Arcet does not, or at least the one I'm dealing with on Glen Arden over near the airport.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #10211
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
I'm probably be Jeepin' it up to Morton's with the storm we're suppposed to be getting hit with tomorrow PM.Funny thing is I was planning on looking for a rain suit while up there.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #10212
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Does anyone in this freakin' town refill (keyword refill) personal oxygen or argon tanks?

Arcet does not, or at least the one I'm dealing with on Glen Arden over near the airport.
I told the guy at Arcet in Toano that I owned my tanks and he didn't care. He said it doesn't matter. Just gave me a cleaner newer one. There's no Demurrage on your personal tank or the ones you would get in exchange.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
Old 04-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #10213
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post

I've used Richmond Oxygen (804-798-2525) 11009 Richardson Road in Ashland for years.They might be able to help you.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #10214
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,276
Also posted in the Garage Forum.........

Finally found the time to wire up my mill today after finishing up a couple of welding jobs. Mounted the TECO FM50 VFD and hooked her up.

Having never heard one of these critters run, I "think" its okay. Only real "alarming" noise I hear is a sort of a chattering if I run her up to the higher end of the RPM range with the variable speed dial on the mill itself. Stay out of the last couple of hundred RPM it sounds fine.... sounds like a machine running. I use the term "alarming" 'cause its not purring quietly like it does at the lower speeds, which may be normal. Dunno.

Regardless, I'm happy with my "no power up inspection" purchase from a dealer up in Joisey I knew nothing about. It was one of those "leaps of faith" things that appears as tho' it turned out good.

I need some bits............

On another note, looks like we dodged the bullet with the storms. Nice night for a ride and may just do that..........
Old 04-17-2011, 06:27 AM   #10215
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Kinda sore from the Crossover Challenge 5K I ran yesterday am...but feels good to be competing again.I love this warmer weather.Had a great time up at Morton's Open House yesterday pm.Rain,wind and lightening weren't too bad on the way back.Those guys are fantastic.Good to see some fellow inmates up there.