ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #10861
rctr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Jimmy,

Our prayers are with you.

Jimmy
Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #10862
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTROM View Post
+1 on Goodwyn Lumber. You can also get rough sawn oak there.
Amelia lumber is a good place to get rough cut too.

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:11 AM   #10863
jdrocks
Gravel Runner

Oddometer: 3,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Is anybody up for a day of dual sporting with me this Saturday?
got room for one more? PM on the way.
jdrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #10864
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,145
Happy to have anybody come along. So far it's just three bikes. Still bouncing possible route around in my head!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:43 AM   #10865
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDoctor View Post
On another sad note please be in prayer for Jimmy (SRMN8R).He had a bad motorcycle accident on Father's Day and is having a tough time recovering. I just spoke to he and his wife.He said he was lucky to be alive.Please be in prayer for them. God speed and get well soon Jimmy.
not good. Heal fast!! Jim
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #10866
RideOn2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
I'm thinking of you too! Heal fast.
RideOn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:00 AM   #10867
kwn306
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Happy to have anybody come along. So far it's just three bikes. Still bouncing possible route around in my head!
Eddie,

Did you post this on Morton's GS Facebook site?

I'm booked this weekend or I would tag along , had a blast last weekend messing around the unimproved roads around Buena Vista.

This whole month for me is booked, grandson's 1st birthday, daughter's engagement party, camping with the family and at the end of the month.........this stuff gets in the way of M/C riding.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #10868
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwn306 View Post
Eddie,

Did you post this on Morton's GS Facebook site?

I'm booked this weekend or I would tag along , had a blast last weekend messing around the unimproved roads around Buena Vista.

This whole month for me is booked, grandson's 1st birthday, daughter's engagement party, camping with the family and at the end of the month.........this stuff gets in the way of M/C riding.

Yes, hopefully you can make it next time. See you at the RawHyde class in a couple of weeks!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #10869
rider929
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Jimmy,

That really sucks. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #10870
longslowdistance
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycletech View Post
I was on 56 today at around 9. What time did you head up? Took a left at Wingina, then a right onto some gravel that loops back to Shipman.

When I got to Montebello there was a sport bike group from DC there. They were all standing around wondering how to get a broken Ducati home that one of the group had crashed.

Some pics from today

Big Levels! Great mountain bike past the bus but it would be pretty hard/dangerous to try to ride a big motorcycle through. I see you sensibly turned around.
longslowdistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #10871
Cycletech
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 513
I've been through there before on my KLR without issue. I would have gone on if I had the fuel, a toolkit, and a spare tube. Better to leave it for another day.
Cycletech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #10872
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,936
Wow, get well soon Jimmy
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #10873
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Buell In NOVA

If anybody is interested, there is a good deal on a Buell Ulysses XB12X with bags, just serviced for $3995 at Classic Iron in Fredericksburg 540-479-1114, no affiliation. Could be a lot of fun with the right tires.

http://www.classiciron.com/vehicle/3245569/2006-Buell-Ulysses-XB12X-Fredericksburg-Virginia-22408
Old 06-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #10874
Kyazak
Gamera!!

Oddometer: 105
Hey guys, Haven't been around for a while, but am finally all better after my hospital scare, and up and riding around again! Wanted to say hey to all of y'all since I haven't been around for a while, and tell you essentially what occured.

Had a seizure and bad meningitis at work about 4 months ago, bit it hard, and was in a coma for a few days, y'all may have heard about that from one of two of the guys from here.

Anyway, after that ended up losing my job, because, frankly, they didn't want to deal with me being sick, which was not a huge deal, as I was going to be leaving with my then fiance anyway up to northern VA.

Since then I have been up in stafford trying to get better, and feel 1000% better. Had a few spots there where I thought I was doing better, and even made 1 or 2 plans with folks, that I wasn't able to follow through on, because I just kept falling out. I have had to put the cross country trip on hold for a while, me and my wife (not fiance anymore, although I don't know how she put up with my crap while i was sick I don't know) have to get our plans back in order, and get back to working for a while longer while the bone plate in my skull hopefully heals.

Either it heals and I get to ride for several years more, or it doesn't and I am going out riding anyway! Anyway, it is good to be back on my feet now, and hoping to get back into rides again.

Also, Thanks to Jeff Munn, he was checking up on me, asking if there was any way he could be helpful when I had the brief periods of being on my feet, and offered to help out with bike stuff a lot, I definitely appreciated the concern, and I am sorry that I never took you up on the offer, but I am making a point to try to now that I am actually fully better!

So, How y'all been?
Kyazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #10875
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,339
Had been wondering where you'd been. Glad you're on the mend.

"...ended up losing my job, because, frankly, they didn't want to deal with me being sick,...."

I think there are laws regarding getting let go under those circumstances.

Just sayin'.

Regardless, welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyazak View Post
Hey guys, Haven't been around for a while, but am finally all better after my hospital scare, and up and riding around again! Wanted to say hey to all of y'all since I haven't been around for a while, and tell you essentially what occured.

Had a seizure and bad meningitis at work about 4 months ago, bit it hard, and was in a coma for a few days, y'all may have heard about that from one of two of the guys from here.

Anyway, after that ended up losing my job, because, frankly, they didn't want to deal with me being sick, which was not a huge deal, as I was going to be leaving with my then fiance anyway up to northern VA.

Since then I have been up in stafford trying to get better, and feel 1000% better. Had a few spots there where I thought I was doing better, and even made 1 or 2 plans with folks, that I wasn't able to follow through on, because I just kept falling out. I have had to put the cross country trip on hold for a while, me and my wife (not fiance anymore, although I don't know how she put up with my crap while i was sick I don't know) have to get our plans back in order, and get back to working for a while longer while the bone plate in my skull hopefully heals.

Either it heals and I get to ride for several years more, or it doesn't and I am going out riding anyway! Anyway, it is good to be back on my feet now, and hoping to get back into rides again.

Also, Thanks to Jeff Munn, he was checking up on me, asking if there was any way he could be helpful when I had the brief periods of being on my feet, and offered to help out with bike stuff a lot, I definitely appreciated the concern, and I am sorry that I never took you up on the offer, but I am making a point to try to now that I am actually fully better!

So, How y'all been?