ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #11536
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R View Post
Had a dr appointment with my ortho surgeon at VCU/MCV yesterday. Took a total of 6 hours! Anyway, he removed 86 staples and a bunch of stitches. The skin graft looks great, as does the donor site. I get to remove my knee brace and start some range of motion excercises.

It's a great day to be alive.

-Jimmy
Jimmy, I was just thinking of you last night wondering how you were doing...I am so glad to hear the good news! Maybe you and Chuck can get together and cheer each other on while you do your range of motion exercises!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #11537
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Gsx1100g

FYI....In case anyone may be interested, I've lowered the price of my GSX1100G (aka "Big Momma") to $2300. Guy Young can vouch for her "supreme awesomeness" as he is the one who got her back into fighting shape!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...light=gsx1100g
Attached Images

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 08-10-2011 at 07:54 AM
Eddy Alvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:07 AM   #11538
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Super cool!

Amazing skill, patience and dedication...Do NOT click on the link below unlessyou have at least 30 minutes or more to spare as you WILL get sucked into scrolling through all 35 pages...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619303

Really handy collection of motorcycle related links:
http://www.oldrice.com/links.html

P.S. A guy out of Detroit named Geoff, ADV "Old Rice", has expressed much interest in buying my GSX. Understandably, he has reservations about sending a stranger a wad of cash hundreds of miles away. Anyways, I recomended that he PM a couple of you to verify that I exist, that I won't disappear after getting his deposit, that you know me, and that you can vouch that I am not some deranged serial killer waiting for him to come into my house...

(I specifically told him NOT to ask MADSTROM about trusting me, LOL!)

Any help would be appreciated!

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 08-10-2011 at 12:19 PM
Eddy Alvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #11539
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Amazing skill, patience and dedication...Do NOT click on the link below unlessyou have at least 30 minutes or more to spare as you WILL get sucked into scrolling through all 35 pages...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619303
LIAR! That took over an hour.......... Way cool
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #11540
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,361
American Preciaion Museum, Windsor, VT

As most of you know, I'm up at Mt. Snow, VT this week for my bike group's (Concours Owners Group) National Rally. While I was in the "neighborhood," figured I'd run over to the American Precision Museum in Windsor. In its heyday, this place was instrumental in developing machine work techniques that set the industrial revolution on its ear. They have a nice collection of old machine tools that date back to the early 1800s. I took a bunch of pix but an having trouble uploading them through the resort's Wifi, so will post them up when I get home. Well worth the $6.00 for admission.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #11541
Kyazak
Gamera!!

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
As most of you know, I'm up at Mt. Snow, VT this week for my bike group's (Concours Owners Group) National Rally. While I was in the "neighborhood," figured I'd run over to the American Precision Museum in Windsor. In its heyday, this place was instrumental in developing machine work techniques that set the industrial revolution on its ear. They have a nice collection of old machine tools that date back to the early 1800s. I took a bunch of pix but an having trouble uploading them through the resort's Wifi, so will post them up when I get home. Well worth the $6.00 for admission.
If we ever get the chance to go on at least an east coast trip I wanted to visit a couple of the different museums they have. That was on the list, and of course, This is on the list too. If you ever get the chance, its awesome to visit as well.
Kyazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #11542
HalfPlate
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,044
Headed to the mountains for the weekend, if anyone cares to join. I will more the likely head out towards Monteray Friday night then on west towards WV somewhere for Saturday night. Everyone is welcome more the merrier. Just shoot me a PM.
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #11543
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Long bike

How in the heck does that spindly front end not explode into pieces?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/08/10/british-plumber-builds-worlds-longest-motorcycle/
Old 08-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #11544
Gimmeslack
furthur

Oddometer: 2,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R View Post
Had a dr appointment with my ortho surgeon at VCU/MCV yesterday. Took a total of 6 hours! Anyway, he removed 86 staples and a bunch of stitches. The skin graft looks great, as does the donor site. I get to remove my knee brace and start some range of motion excercises.

It's a great day to be alive.

-Jimmy

Whoah! I had no idea the damage you'd done...
Glad to hear you are on the mend and best of luck with the healing!

Everyday is, indeed, a great day to be alive

"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way."

Twain
Gimmeslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #11545
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeslack View Post

Whoah! I had no idea the damage you'd done...
Glad to hear you are on the mend and best of luck with the healing!

Everyday is, indeed, a great day to be alive
Yeah, I was busted up pretty badly. 2 operations to save my life followed by 6 more to repair my leg. Healing is slow but steady.

Thanks for the encouragement!

-Jimmy
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #11546
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,091
I'm up for a ride out west on Sunday if anyone wants to go. Fire roads possible but not doing Eddy's GS challenge unless he comes along to get us lost.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #11547
jay956
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
still trying to sell my current bikes, but i am also pondering some options on a replacement. at first i was thinking 800gs, but ive been looking at small ds bikes lately, like a drz400. thinking about smaller since i have no dirt experience, also a lot cheaper. but i was also thinking where would i ride it? are there that many places close enough to richmond that it would be worth it? or should i go back to looking at longer distance bikes?
jay956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:55 AM   #11548
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 931
bike

Just remember .... you have to get where ever your riding. In my case it seems like 90% of the time I'm coming and going. It made more sense to me to have a better travel bike than just an off road bike.

Im happy to report I should be back on two wheels by next week. No long hauls for me yet but I'm strong enough to hold up a bike again and take short rides. Yippie! Come on cooler temps.

skychs screwed with this post 08-12-2011 at 06:02 AM
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #11549
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
I'm up for a ride out west on Sunday if anyone wants to go. Fire roads possible but not doing Eddy's GS challenge unless he comes along to get us lost.
I can't make it this weekend, will be spending some QT with family at the beach. Let's try to pencil in a day in Sept when a bunch of us can go!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #11550
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,737
Out of curiosity I looked up progress on One World Trade Center...really taking shape

Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote