ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #11701
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
......In order to prevent me from back-feeding utility, I worked up a slide bar arrangement so the one breaker had to be opened before the other was closed, but haven't mounted it yet, so right now it's a remember to open breaker A before I close breaker B.... and visa-versa when going the other way.

Edit: My interconnect cable is 10-4 SO cord.
HEHEHEH
I'm sure you memorized the manual bypass sequence by now....

I mean, most folks don't know we both manufacture this equipment on a large scale

I think you need one of those MGE "small footprint" 200a units, I believe we have one on the floor right now, all we need to do is retrofit the manual starter switch and boards for source 2.

I have a feeling we will be in the dark for a while up here in the boonies, spent the day "prepping" after I got rid of the stress headache I woke up with this morn. I feel like crap still, and can't get the chainsaw fired up...argggggggggg
almost had a coronary trying to get it running, and gave up on it, so that gurantees that trees will fall here for certain.

bevereges have been stockpiled tho.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #11702
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
HEHEHEH
I'm sure you memorized the manual bypass sequence by now....

I mean, most folks don't know we both manufacture this equipment on a large scale

I think you need one of those MGE "small footprint" 200a units, I believe we have one on the floor right now, all we need to do is retrofit the manual starter switch and boards for source 2.

I have a feeling we will be in the dark for a while up here in the boonies, spent the day "prepping" after I got rid of the stress headache I woke up with this morn. I feel like crap still, and can't get the chainsaw fired up...argggggggggg
almost had a coronary trying to get it running, and gave up on it, so that gurantees that trees will fall here for certain.

bevereges have been stockpiled tho.
I wondered where you were today. We're as ready as we'll ever be, but I think, for the most part, we're gonna dodge the bullet on this one. Rain and wind - yes; but a major cat-o-strophie - no.

We're still ready - JIC.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #11703
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
I wondered where you were today. We're as ready as we'll ever be, but I think, for the most part, we're gonna dodge the bullet on this one. Rain and wind - yes; but a major cat-o-strophie - no.

We're still ready - JIC.
I was not in any shape to go to work, our "shiney squirrel" fixated boss has had me stressed to the max, and it hit me somewhere's around 5 a.m., in a panic attack,and a major brain buster headache... I rolled around in bed till about 2 p.m., and got up, and went into prep mode. Dona cleared the porch and made 4 trips to the disposal facility in prep mode for the big wind.

heheheheheh I know your house is made of brick, kinda like the "3 little piggys thing" , Illl huff and puff, and .....
you'll be safe for sure, I may be in dire straights come Sunday morn, living in the woods as I do....I took a count of dead and broken trees today, leaning and waiting to fall on us.....let's just say the outcome don't look good.

I'll let you know how it unfolds.
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #11704
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
I was not in any shape to go to work, our "shiney squirrel" fixated boss has had me stressed to the max, and it hit me somewhere's around 5 a.m., in a panic attack,and a major brain buster headache... I rolled around in bed till about 2 p.m., and got up, and went into prep mode. Dona cleared the porch and made 4 trips to the disposal facility in prep mode for the big wind.

heheheheheh I know your house is made of brick, kinda like the "3 little piggys thing" , Illl huff and puff, and .....
you'll be safe for sure, I may be in dire straights come Sunday morn, living in the woods as I do....I took a count of dead and broken trees today, leaning and waiting to fall on us.....let's just say the outcome don't look good.

I'll let you know how it unfolds.
I need to run some errands in the early a.m., so may ride out there just for the hellavait. Connie is still on the carport, and will move it inside should things get really nasty. Time will tell.

BTW - had resignation letter in hand today, but he never showed up at work. May present it to him Monday... all depends on my mood.... and it will be effective the day I present it to him. Getting really tired of all the BS around there and the stoopid Sheetz he's trying to pass off on me.... stuff HE should be handling.

But - apologies to the inmates. This stuff should really be posted elsewhere...........
Old 08-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #11705
jay956
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
this was interesting to look at

jay956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #11706
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

How are ya'll doing out thus far???

Old 08-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #11707
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,195
Just twigs, leaves and small branches in the yard. Delivering my GSX to the new owner who is driving up from Charlotte any minute now. Shold be lots of fun to load it into his truck in the rain...

We are as ready as we can be...Generator, check, water , check, 30 gallons of powdered milk, check, 25 gallons of gas, check, 20 D batteries, check, case of Diet Pepsi and beer, check...!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #11708
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Just twigs, leaves and small branches in the yard. Delivering my GSX to the new owner who is driving up from Charlotte any minute now. Shold be lots of fun to load it into his truck in the rain...

We are as ready as we can be...Generator, check, water , check, 30 gallons of powdered milk, check, 25 gallons of gas, check, 20 D batteries, check, case of Diet Pepsi and beer, check...!
Same here so far, but am minus a couple of beers.

Please tell the new owner that a part of me is traveling south with that bike. It was the first to get any major stuff done in here and trust he'll appreciate it.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #11709
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,581
Looks like we have a leak in the roof on a domer valley, had a similar one a few years ago. Called the guy who fixd the other one last time and he'll be over monday. Looks like we're first in-line with the roof guy! Had nothing to do with wind, just the rain, she was going to leak anyway, now I just need to keep the water off the hardwood floor.

Pretty windy and rainy here in P-Town, our wind birds were showing 45 knots sustained with 50 knot gusts. It's calmed down now and much brighter out.
COG 5903
roger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #11710
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123 View Post
Looks like we have a leak in the roof on a domer valley, had a similar one a few years ago. Called the guy who fixd the other one last time and he'll be over monday. Looks like we're first in-line with the roof guy! Had nothing to do with wind, just the rain, she was going to leak anyway, now I just need to keep the water off the hardwood floor.

Pretty windy and rainy here in P-Town, our wind birds were showing 45 knots sustained with 50 knot gusts. It's calmed down now and much brighter out.
Same here Roger, but this thing isn't abreast of VA yet. We had one power blip about 30 minutes ago, but that's been it so far.

Hate the waiting to see what her full "wrath" might bring.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #11711
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,761
I have big oaks on three sides that are rag dolling around with some of the stronger gusts. Last big storm sent down on my camper. The tall pine down on the street and the utility easement is leaning precipitiously. I bet it comes down.

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #11712
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenflyfarmer View Post
I have big oaks on three sides that are rag dolling around with some of the stronger gusts. Last big storm sent down on my camper. The tall pine down on the street and the utility easement is leaning precipitiously. I bet it comes down.
Must be an older, sickly pine. Those things usually have tap roots that go pretty deep. Trust nothing is in it's path should it decide to go horizontal.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #11713
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 825
Still have power, can't have any refreshments have the grandkids, have to play the adult and stay level headed , I'm sure we'll lose power before the day is done. Hope everybody comes out OK
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #11714
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Pshaw!

Gusts? What gusts? I just took the GS out to the store. Was too bored to take the cage. Rain was easy, I have great gear. And I got a free amusement park ride thanks to Irene!

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #11715
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhof View Post
Still have power, can't have any refreshments have the grandkids, have to play the adult and stay level headed , I'm sure we'll lose power before the day is done. Hope everybody comes out OK
I ain't going there................