ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #11791
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeter View Post
Mike, this is 100 going through Wilmington, VT.... I'm thinking detour.

Guy, I thought I saw a pic of Dot's in that collection. Here it is. So sad. Downtown is pretty much written off, or so I'm told by a friend who was at the town meeting night before last.

Still hurts me to see that, and the fact that I was riding through that area just a couple of weeks ago. Wished I had a nickle for all the times I went through that intersection.

From this pix, looks like Dot's may just have some water damage and a bunch of debris piled up in front. The "stream" runs behind her place, so no telling what damage is on the backside. Here's hoping that the town can/will recoup. As mentioned on FB, these are some hearty, tenacious people, and if there is a way to rebuild, they will.

Our thoughts and prayers go out all the folks who were affected by Irene, and trust they will put their lives back together shortly.
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #11792
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,408
Teeter

Early on when I mentioned the COG Rally being at Snow, "someone" mentioned a friend who worked there that rode. I cannot remember who that "someone" was, and I lost all of that contact information (on a different computer), and the rallymeister I forwarded it too didn't have the emails that mentioned his name either. By chance, were you the "someone" who gave me that info, and was the friend you mentioned on FB and here that lived in Wilmington, him??
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:24 PM   #11793
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Lanexa, Virginia
Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceviewbehindbars View Post
My dad just had his tank filled by revere today. They charged him $4.56/gal. highway robbery i tell you...
Hey Graham,

Revere out of Providence Forge delivered 197 gal of propane today at $3.50/gal

J
__________________
Greater Williamsburg Tag Map

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #11794
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu
 
niceviewbehindbars's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: West Point, VA
Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
Hey Graham,

Revere out of Providence Forge delivered 197 gal of propane today at $3.50/gal

J
Yea I'm not sure what they are trying to do. I called revere to ask for a price delivered to my house and they told me $3.23. I also called Parker oil to come fill our 1000 gal tank at work and they quoted me $2.19.
__________________
Graham
06 BMW R1200GS

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #11795
teeter
Frank Zappa the 6th
 
teeter's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Early on when I mentioned the COG Rally being at Snow, "someone" mentioned a friend who worked there that rode. I cannot remember who that "someone" was, and I lost all of that contact information (on a different computer), and the rallymeister I forwarded it too didn't have the emails that mentioned his name either. By chance, were you the "someone" who gave me that info, and was the friend you mentioned on FB and here that lived in Wilmington, him??
I am the "someone" and the pics were compiled by somebody that our friend's Jason and Marie know. Jason is the contact I mentioned that works at Mt. Snow. Actually, both of them work there.
__________________

teeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #11796
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeter View Post
I am the "someone" and the pics were compiled by somebody that our friend's Jason and Marie know. Jason is the contact I mentioned that works at Mt. Snow. Actually, both of them work there.
I talked to a number of folks there about your friend that rode, and they knew him, altho' I couldn't remember his name. Wished I had remembered who that "someone" was so I could connect he dots and hooked up. $hit happens when you get old and CRS!

Trust they are doing okay in what remains of Wilmington. Our thoughts and prayers go out to that whole village, and all the others who have lost so much with this 'cane. She's been a real bitch to so many folks.
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:17 AM   #11797
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,506
Here's my trailer. I'm located in the West End. Main advantage to this one is that it'll fit in the back of a station wagon (without a bike on it, of course). Main disadvantage to this one is that I built it, so you'll be putting the bike, your towing vehicle, and your own life at risk if you use it.

__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:29 AM   #11798
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
I talked to a number of folks there about your friend that rode, and they knew him, altho' I couldn't remember his name. Wished I had remembered who that "someone" was so I could connect he dots and hooked up. $hit happens when you get old and CRS!

Trust they are doing okay in what remains of Wilmington. Our thoughts and prayers go out to that whole village, and all the others who have lost so much with this 'cane. She's been a real bitch to so many folks.
Update: Just found this out this morning, being posted by one of our members who was at the COG National Rally a few weeks ago.

"I just learned that the housekeeper who worked on my floor at Mount Snow Lodge drowned last Sunday afternoon. She was from Macedonia and was at the hotel on a cultural exchange program with her boyfriend, who also worked at the hotel. Details released by local police are sketchy, but she, her boyfriend, and two other men were driving a car last Sunday, and somehow got pulled into one of the flooded local rivers. The three men survived, but she was not able to pull herself to safety.

"A vibrant young woman, not barely an adult, life snatched away -- and horrible memories for the three fellows who survived."
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #11799
teeter
Frank Zappa the 6th
 
teeter's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Update: Just found this out this morning, being posted by one of our members who was at the COG National Rally a few weeks ago.

"I just learned that the housekeeper who worked on my floor at Mount Snow Lodge drowned last Sunday afternoon. She was from Macedonia and was at the hotel on a cultural exchange program with her boyfriend, who also worked at the hotel. Details released by local police are sketchy, but she, her boyfriend, and two other men were driving a car last Sunday, and somehow got pulled into one of the flooded local rivers. The three men survived, but she was not able to pull herself to safety.

"A vibrant young woman, not barely an adult, life snatched away -- and horrible memories for the three fellows who survived."
Jason told me about that terrible loss. It is extremely sad.

Our friend's are doing well though. Their house is fine and their workplace (the Mt. Snow lodge) is still standing and operational. Their boys got to sit in the Govenor's helicopter and get their picture taken.
__________________

teeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #11800
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.
 
Greenflyfarmer's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Central Virginia
Oddometer: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis View Post
I have an EU2000i companion. it has a 30 amp just like my boat (or your camper) needs.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now it is running 5 pcs, monitors, some fans and a digital phone so my business can open. It will do it for 9 hours on ONE GALLON of gas!!! It is also very quiet.


Wise sales and mayberry.com are where to call for pricing...

Do it you wont regret it.

For your ac get 2 of them and pair them with a cable that honda sells. That way you can use one if that is all you need, or both and they are still portable. The 3000 is not easily hauled around.

Also INVERTER generator...safe for flat screens/ PC/ cable boxes/ etc......

LOVE IT!!!

Did I say I love this thing???
Thanks
__________________
I ain't a going without my hog, my gun, my whisky and my Bible.

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #11801
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,408
I find it unacceptable.........

... our beloved thread finds itself on Page 2, therefore, Friday morning jibberish to bump it back to Page 1.

Managed to get all the heavy stuff moved last night to my daughter's new apartment (many, many thanks Greg for your help!!) Smaller stuff will find its way over throughout the w/e.

Got the 1988 Honda VT800C Shadow I'm working on running. This thing was put away wet about 5 years ago and the fuel system was a mess. The clutch hydraulics are pretty fooked up too, but have the stuff to repair that. Hopefully, a non-existent clutch when it came in is all external. Will find that out when I get the hydraulics functioning.

If any of ya'll are traveling this w/e, be safe; I'll be in the garage.
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #11802
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!
 
Eddy Alvarez's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Chester,VA
Oddometer: 2,280
We just got our power back!!
__________________
Me: BMW R1200GS KTM 525EXC. Gabriel: KTM 50. Elena: Honda CRF70. Lynn: Official Gatorade/snack girl!
Eddy Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #11803
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer
 
Guy Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: North Chesterfield, VA
Oddometer: 8,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
We just got our power back!!
Congratulations!!!
__________________
GB Young Services, LLC
Garage Project: http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Family/Garage-Project
Guy Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #11804
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu
 
niceviewbehindbars's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: West Point, VA
Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
We just got our power back!!
I think they forgot about me. My neighbors up the street got current back 3 days ago.

Oh well.. I'm leaving for the w/e anyhow. Headed out on the water..

Maybe it will be on when we get back.
__________________
Graham
06 BMW R1200GS

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #11805
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu
 
niceviewbehindbars's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: West Point, VA
Oddometer: 1,392
Anyone know a place that could duplicate this key? I have tried HD, Lowes, and Pleasants. All said the key is really short.

It's for a forklift that is made in Canada. The manufacturer was of no help and a little rude.. French..

__________________
Graham
06 BMW R1200GS

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014