ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #12526
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
I'm back from the New York motorcycle show!
Some basic bike show observations/highlights/thoughts:
7. I predict that Honda is going to sell a bazillion CBR250's this year. They are TINY, equipped with EFI and ABS, great style and it weights just a bit more than me for only $4400!

They did...

Honda reports a 20.0% year-on-year increase in motorcycle and ATV sales over the second quarter ended Sept. 30, 2011. Despite a record second quarter for motorcycle sales, Honda saw a drop in net profit due to struggling auto sales and the aftereffects of the Japanese earthquake in March and flooding in Thailand.
According to its second quarter 2011-2012 report, Honda sold 3.28 million motorcycles, a new second quarter record. By comparison, Honda sold 2.73 million motorcycles in the same quarter last year.
Motorcycles generated 38.9 billion yen (US$498.7 million) in operating income, a 29.6% increase from the same quarter last year. Despite the strong performance from its motorcycle division, Honda saw a 55.5% drop in net income, taking in 60.4 billion yen (US$774.3 million) over the quarter, compared to 135.4 billion yen (US$1.74 billion) reported last year. Honda attributes the decrease to parts shortages created by the March earthquake and tsunami, as well as a strong yen.
Honda reported increased motorcycle sales across its regional markets, especially in Asia which accounted for 2.57 million units. North American consumers bought 53,000 motorcycles, a 23.3% increase from the 43,000 units sold the same quarter last year. Honda credits the increase to a positive impact of the CBR250R as well as the CRF250F motocrosser and the four-wheelers such as the TRX350, TRX500FE, Fourtrax Rancher, and Fourtrax Foreman.
Honda withheld its forecasts for the remaining fiscal year ending March 31, 2012, as the company evaluates the effect of severe floods in Thailand.

Guy, Are going to Rella's on 11/19th?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738324

Can you guess which motorcycle is making these sounds!? Cool.
http://www.motorcycle.com/how-to/top-ten-best-sounding-motorcycle-engines-91156.html

Eddy Alvarez screwed with this post 11-01-2011 at 08:38 AM
Eddy Alvarez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #12527
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,320
[QUOTE=Eddy Alvarez;

Guy, Are going to Rella's on 11/19th?

[/QUOTE]

I want to, but don't know yet. I'll be out of town this coming w/e (getting desk in WV), and the following long w/e (Brrr Ride). Rella's w/e may be about the time we'll be up in MD (again) taking care of last minute stuff with the inlaws house. Hopefully, it will be on the market by then, but we're just gonna have to play it by ear.

EDIT: May try and stop by there next w/e on the return trip. All depends on the time and whether my ride-along help is up to extending the trip back. Getting out of Hacker Valley without adding a lot of miles and time is tough.

Guy Young screwed with this post 11-01-2011 at 08:59 AM
Guy Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #12528
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
From Matt Danielson:

As those on this list already know, Virginia is one of only two states that make it illegal for two motorcycles to travel side by side. The law prohibits motor vehicles from riding abreast of each other. I have argued that due to the way that the statute is written an officer could charge riders who pull up to one another at a stop light. This is something that most motorcyclists do on a regular basis. The argument is that one motorcyclist is riding abreast to another when pulling alongside the other motorcycle.

Be careful if you are riding in the area of Crewe Virginia. There is an officer writing motorcyclists for that very thing. We are currently representing two motorcyclists who have been charged with reckless driving for pulling alongside each other at a stop light. I will keep you informed of the outcome. I also hope that we can address this matter during the next session of the General Assembly. Keep in mind that Lobby Day this year is January 16. We will have our prep meeting on Sunday January 15. I will send more information on Lobby Day as it gets closer.

As an aside, I want to report a fantastic ride that I recently had with Jim Cannon, who is the Director of The Virginia Coalition of Motorcyclists, Chad Fuller, the attorney who runs our Columbia South Carolina office and Ralph Bell who is with Abate of South Carolina. On October 20 we rode down to Jacksonville Florida. On October 21 we woke up and rode to the beach. We stuck the toes of our boots in the Atlantic and then jumped on our bikes. Forty-three hours thirty-six minutes later we stuck the toes of our boots in the Pacific. On the way back we slowed it down and toured a little of Route 66. It was a great ride.

As stated above I will keep you posted on these tickets and I hope to see everyone at Lobby Day in Richmond.

Matt Danielson

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #12529
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
cool pics, I took these back in 2010

http://buddy.smugmug.com/Airplanes/W...f-Freedom-2010
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #12530
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
From Matt Danielson:

As those on this list already know, Virginia is one of only two states that make it illegal for two motorcycles to travel side by side. The law prohibits motor vehicles from riding abreast of each other. I have argued that due to the way that the statute is written an officer could charge riders who pull up to one another at a stop light. This is something that most motorcyclists do on a regular basis. The argument is that one motorcyclist is riding abreast to another when pulling alongside the other motorcycle.

Be careful if you are riding in the area of Crewe Virginia. There is an officer writing motorcyclists for that very thing. We are currently representing two motorcyclists who have been charged with reckless driving for pulling alongside each other at a stop light. I will keep you informed of the outcome. I also hope that we can address this matter during the next session of the General Assembly. Keep in mind that Lobby Day this year is January 16. We will have our prep meeting on Sunday January 15. I will send more information on Lobby Day as it gets closer.

As an aside, I want to report a fantastic ride that I recently had with Jim Cannon, who is the Director of The Virginia Coalition of Motorcyclists, Chad Fuller, the attorney who runs our Columbia South Carolina office and Ralph Bell who is with Abate of South Carolina. On October 20 we rode down to Jacksonville Florida. On October 21 we woke up and rode to the beach. We stuck the toes of our boots in the Atlantic and then jumped on our bikes. Forty-three hours thirty-six minutes later we stuck the toes of our boots in the Pacific. On the way back we slowed it down and toured a little of Route 66. It was a great ride.

As stated above I will keep you posted on these tickets and I hope to see everyone at Lobby Day in Richmond.

Matt Danielson

we need to make a citizens arrest then, cops ride side by side all the time, they are breaking the law
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #12531
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
we need to make a citizens arrest then, cops ride side by side all the time, they are breaking the law
You first, I'll hold your beer.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #12532
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boon Booni View Post
You first, I'll hold your beer.
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #12533
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,745
I have heard that some riders have been cited for pulling abreast of each other at a stop light. Thanks for the heads up on Crewe!

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #12534
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaking RT View Post
cool pics, I took these back in 2010

http://buddy.smugmug.com/Airplanes/W...f-Freedom-2010
Awesome! You got to see them fly!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #12535
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
From Matt Danielson:

As those on this list already know, Virginia is one of only two states that make it illegal for two motorcycles to travel side by side.
Well, if they're fighting this one, I hope they're also against some other stupid traffic laws. For example, standing up on the footpegs is considered reckless driving. Dumb.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #12536
pplassm
Brace for collision!

BTW.

I'm going in for my second knee replacement tomorrow at 0530. See you guys when I wake up!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #12537
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Good luck Pete!

Pete, have you patronized this guy in Quinton:
Sodan Armament on 249?

I bought a Dawson fiber optic front sight for my Springfield XDm, He looks to be the closest gunsmith to me.

j

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #12538
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
BTW.

I'm going in for my second knee replacement tomorrow at 0530. See you guys when I wake up!

God be with you Pete. I'll be praying for you (and the medical team too!).
SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #12539
Smiziley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Check out this piece of junk that made its way to me

p

1980 KZ 550. Got a bunch of boxes in the basement full of random parts.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #12540
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu

Oddometer: 1,392
Awesome, you can go totally GREEN now.

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote