ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2011, 04:28 AM   #12721
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu

Oddometer: 1,392
Happy Thanksgiving guys! Hope you enjoy time with your family and eat too much.

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:11 AM   #12722
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceviewbehindbars View Post
Happy Thanksgiving guys! Hope you enjoy time with your family and eat too much.
And the same to you and yours Graham.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:00 AM   #12723
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 904
Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Its great to be home and around family and friends.

Anyone interested in riding on Friday? The weather is showing high 60's and sunny. It would be nice to get out and burn off some of the calories from today and relieve some stress. A spirited ride with some gravel would be in mind.

I have been exploring the area just north and west of Charlottesville finding a good mix of pavement and gravel. Nothing too challenging. Not WV but a lot closer and easier to get to. Open to other suggestions as well.
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #12724
jwray76
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Cville sounds good to me Chuck...unfortunately I have daddy duty on Friday though. However I think I have Sunday free for a ride. Some of the guys over on the other forum I frequent are planning a ride for Sunday.
jwray76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:02 AM   #12725
manganos
Let me pontificate.

Oddometer: 3,371
Hey Jeff Munn!!!

http://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/2718529838.html
Old 11-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #12726
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Turkey is in the oven..........

so to speak.

This year we decided to forego the use of the conventional oven, and picked up a 22 qt. Hamilton-Beach Roaster Oven. My sister has been using a similar product for the last several years and the bird has come out perfect. We'll see what shakes out.

Still have to make cole slaw and do the final prep on the stuffing, which I made last night. Younger daughter coming over later today with her dog, Gerrard, for dinner.

We usually travel to OH to my sisters for Thanksgiving, but decided to stay put this year due the the time constraints of my daughter's class and work schedule. Looking forward to the feast later today.

And FWIW - my older daughter up in MD announced that our second grand-child would be a boy. Due in mid-April, we are looking forward to our new grandson's arrival.

Thanksgiving means many things to different people, but given the fact that all of us have a nice extended family here, and our own family to share the holiday with, it just doesn't get any better than this.

Peace be with you all, and give thanks to our Lord and creator for all that we are blessed with.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #12727
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,506
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

Now, go out and and ride this weekend, 'cause I can't. Not enough "bend" in the new knee yet.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #12728
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
come on down our way on Saturday.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742063

Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Its great to be home and around family and friends.

Anyone interested in riding on Friday? The weather is showing high 60's and sunny. It would be nice to get out and burn off some of the calories from today and relieve some stress. A spirited ride with some gravel would be in mind.

I have been exploring the area just north and west of Charlottesville finding a good mix of pavement and gravel. Nothing too challenging. Not WV but a lot closer and easier to get to. Open to other suggestions as well.
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #12729
Wench On Wheels
RuckusRaisingRedhead

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
I'll be riding over the mountain early early from Harrisonburg towards that area..... where abouts exactly and what time were you looking at?
Old 11-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #12730
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Friday AM around 10:30AM BillsburgGS and JHVA will be meeting in West Point at the West Point Restaurant on rte 33 (at the traffic light at the intersection of rte 273 and car dealership etc.) We will be on the right as you head toward West Point. We will be riding some gravel and country roads in KIng Williams, Gloucester, King and Queen Counties. All are welcome.

j

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #12731
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 904
Weekend rides

Tommy .... a Saturday ride is very possible. I will keep you posted.

BillsburgGS and JHVA ... West Point area sounds pretty interesting. Not many hills over there but Im up for a new area. Count me in around 10:30.

Wench on Wheels ..... Looks like Im heading east in the morning. If you can make it over to West Point ... love to ride with you.
chuck
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:17 AM   #12732
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Riders of Kawasaki (ROK) Article

Nice piece by Lance Oliver in the latest issue of Accelerate on the COG National at Mt. Snow, VT this past summer:

http://accelerate.presspublisher.us/...11/article/cog

Old 11-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #12733
MrSandman818
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by manganos View Post
Hi neighbor! Some dirt roads here in dinwiddie.
Thats not far at all. When I say Richmond area I mean I live in the wonderful city of Petersburg. I need to do a few things to my bike before shes safe to ride. My friend messed up the brake system. So I only have rear brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
Mr. Sandman, Welcome, you have landed amongst the right people. I see that you have a big KTM, cool. I'll PM you if I hear of any rides.
Thanks Eddy! Yeah I have the 950 ADV. I friggen love it. Id appreciate going on a ride. Its been too long for me. Currently the front brakes are shot. I gotta order new seals and clean the brake lines, master cylinder, and calipers out. (my buddy decided to put dot 5 instead of dot 5.1. So both front calipers locked up). I drained it so there free. But I only have rear brakes right now. So its definitly sketch to ride.
1978 Batavus 48
MrSandman818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #12734
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
We found some serious mud today! Skychs, BillsburgGS and JHVA. BillsburgGS may have bruised a rib on one of his dismounts but he's ok. Very funny seeing water coming out of his helmet.

Several miles of this stuff. Some bigger puddles as well. Not much gravel. Lots of wet clay.
Will probably have to chisel this clay off!

That was a lot of fun Chuck! Thanks for showing us some keys to keeping the bikes upright through deep puddles.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80

JHVA screwed with this post 11-25-2011 at 05:14 PM
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #12735
Wench On Wheels
RuckusRaisingRedhead

Oddometer: 81
Beautiful day!

Quote:
Wench on Wheels ..... Looks like Im heading east in the morning. If you can make it over to West Point ... love to ride with you.
chuck
Started at the mountain..... hit West Point late..... 'round 1130-noon-ish..... maybe catch ya next time. :) Ended at the beach.....

Rae