ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #12841
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,340
Took a nice ride today to here:

Had a nice lunch with a former work associate, picked up four (4) bottles of their sauce for an inmate over in WV, and stopped by my old workplace to pick up a Connie clutch pack that got left there. Saw a couple of the "good people" while there during my brief stay - but - not wanting to push my luck, strapped the box on the back of the bike and bailed for home.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #12842
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman818 View Post
Well Jeff I really appreciate the offer! I might take you up on it. I have a storage unit with no power and my apartment. If the wifes at work then I can get away with putting plastic sheeting on the carpet and push my bike in. But if she comes home early then im gonna be in the dog house.

Mastro said that hes going to ship the brakes today from Ontario, Canada. I'll keep ya'll posted on when they arrive.
Bummer. No garage? I remember those days. I once made a garage out of a moving crate that fit perfectly in a parking space at my apartment on Fort Knox. Even had a lockable door. To this day I don't know why the MPs didn't make me move it, but I kept my bikes in it for a year while I was there.

Ping me when you want to bring it over. I've got a bike on the lift right now. (see next post). You can leave it here as long as you are working on it. No worries. My shop rate is payable in Sam Adams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman818 View Post

My wife and I tried to eat at Marias on Sunday, I shoulda read the website. She was kinda pissed when we got there and it was closed. Ended up eating at that mexican resturaunt down the street. Good stuff.

I live off County Dr, near Crater Rd. Have you heard of Acqua Apartments? Its my Ghetto Oasis. Pretty snazzy place. It's gated and has a moat in the back.
You actually lucked out on Sunday. IMHO, Andrades is the best restaraunt in P-town. Excellent food. Maria's is okay, but no great shakes.

I look forward to meeting you.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #12843
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,964
What is wrong with this picture?

So this guy brings in a bike for me to work on, or sell. Rear wheel is locked up. Clutch will not release the wheel. So I throw it on the lift, pull the rear wheel, and behold! Magic!

I guess a little routine maintenance was not done.

jeff

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #12844
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,701
I'm IN for the MOB loadup & JHVA offroad run
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #12845
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,154
Morton's Spring Fling 2012

I've already registered and have a room reservation in the hotel. It was a lot of fun last May. Good food, good riding, good friends and good times! See below for details!

Dear Eduardo,
It's time to save the date -- On May 18-20, 2012, we're returning to Natural Bridge, Virginia, for our second annual Spring Fling Rally! As a 2011 attendee, you're getting the first opportunity to register!

After the 2011 rally, we asked for your reviews and the overwhelming vote was to do this again! We've made some improvements and added some features, per your suggestions, and we're gearing up for an even better time in 2012!

We've moved the date a week to avoid the college graduations, and doubled the number of rooms reserved for us at the hotel, so accommodations shouldn't be a problem. We'll have camping available again at the Natural Bridge KOA for those who prefer a more rustic setting.

Friday evening, we'll have a Brats 'n' Brews dinner and social in the cottage area, featuring draft beer from a local brewery, grilled brats and gourmet hot dogs (including a vegetarian choice), sauerkraut, and the fixings, all for just $10 (you can sign up for this when you register for the rally).

Saturday, we'll have a series of seminars, including a special session just for women riders; an Introduction to Long Distance Riding by veteran Iron Butt Association member Bill Shaw; and a talk by MotoDiscovery tour guide Bruce Anker on his travels all over the world. Look for updates on our website as we add more sessions.

We'll have at least one guided tour on Saturday, from the hotel through the mountains to an Italian restaurant for lunch. The leader of this ride has spent a lot of time in the area, and has some pretty good roads lined up for you! We're also working on some additional off-pavement rides to challenge the GS folks.

We'll have a separate building where we'll do rally check-in and vendor displays, and we encourage you to help recruit vendors. We want as many vendors as we can get to make the weekend that much more fun for you!

All in all, it's shaping up to be an even bigger and better Spring Fling than the first one! We sincerely hope you'll come back to spend the weekend with us.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #12846
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
So this guy brings in a bike for me to work on, or sell. Rear wheel is locked up. Clutch will not release the wheel. So I throw it on the lift, pull the rear wheel, and behold! Magic!

I guess a little routine maintenance was not done.

jeff
Or, it was parked next to a girlie bike.

?????????
Old 12-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #12847
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post

use ctrl + to enlarge picture
This is the Rt 33 and Rt 14 W intersection.There will be Sears Realty on one corner and Shacklefords Post Office on the other.The Church is just a little ways west of this intersection on Rt 14.Do not confuse this with the other Rt 33 and Rt 14 E intersection which is about a quarter mile further east away from West Point on 33 towards Rt 17.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #12848
DirtDoctor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
I was already planning on being at MOBs to help load up the bikes. But I have a question on the mud run ... I've never done it before. And I'm a pussy. LOL! My entire experience in off-roading on two wheels came from the Rawhyde training at Mortons this summer. So ... being both a n00b and the aforementioned pussy, am I going to slow down the group on this ride? I don't want to be the wet blanket. Nor do I want to trash my bike and I trying to keep up. So some frank advice here would be great.

- Rick
Hey Rick, I'll see you at MOB's.The dual sport ride after should be a great first ride in the dirt for you.The RawHyde training will help alot.I'll be the other slow guy so not to worry.We'll all have a blast.No time like the present to get ones' GS muddy.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #12849
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
I was already planning on being at MOBs to help load up the bikes. But I have a question on the mud run ... I've never done it before. And I'm a pussy. LOL! My entire experience in off-roading on two wheels came from the Rawhyde training at Mortons this summer. So ... being both a n00b and the aforementioned pussy, am I going to slow down the group on this ride? I don't want to be the wet blanket. Nor do I want to trash my bike and I trying to keep up. So some frank advice here would be great.

- Rick
Rick,

Hopefully after Saturday you will get your man card back!

j

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #12850
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
Rick,

Hopefully after Saturday you will get your man card back!

j
Well, I asked the wife tonight if I could have my dick back for a few hours tomorrow, and she said yes! Well, I have to do chores and such, but I almost feel like a man already! Joking, BTW. I TOLD her that I was going whether she wan .... wait, is that her coming up behind me? Oh shi ....!!!!

"Im lost. Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #12851
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
Old 12-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #12852
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

I count about 9 of us for Saturday in West Point. Should be pretty wild since the most that has been out there has been 3.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
Old 12-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #12853
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES View Post
bumping to keep this visible...thanks in advance
Might e able to help.. On my way to nova tomorrow. Where are you located?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #12854
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,737
After posting I figured I should get laundry finished. Went down into basement only to find my hot water supply to washer decided to fail. Two inches of water in basement now... At least it is clean water... I will still try to make it.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #12855
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Well, I asked the wife tonight if I could have my dick back for a few hours tomorrow, and she said yes! Well, I have to do chores and such, but I almost feel like a man already! Joking, BTW. I TOLD her that I was going whether she wan .... wait, is that her coming up behind me? Oh shi ....!!!!
Tell her you HAVE to make it to MOB's, at least. I have HER coffee cup and want to get it returned.