ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #12916
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Munn View Post
You guys looked like you had a lot of fun today. Maybe next time you can invite the "Lone Wolf". He's posted on Craigslist that he's looking for fellow riders.

LONE WOLF RIDERS WANTED

j
Would you still be a " Lone wolf" if you are riding with.....? Ya know what? Never mind.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #12917
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
There I was at the car wash blasting off yesterday's fun when there seemed to be mud
that would not clean off....uh oh thats not good...because its not mud....

I'm hoping just the water pump seal failed....kinda a known issue at my mileage of 30K....
That was on the inside.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #12918
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloochdog View Post
That was on the inside.
Unfortunately yes....
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #12919
pplassm
Brace for collision!

Oddometer: 2,502
Bummer. Hope it's not too hard to fix.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #12920
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Unfortunately yes....
NEVER underestimate the power of a (carwash) pressure washer.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #12921
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Drives my wife nuts, but I'm not a run-to-the-doc type for every little injury or when I get hurt. If the bleeding stops and $hit moves/wiggles, I'm good..
That is so me! It takes a miracle to get me to the doctor. And even more of one to get me to follow doctor's orders. I figure if a bone ain't sticking out, I'm good. I can't even stand to take a Motrin. Just figure the aches will go away after a beer or two. LOL!

"Iím lost. Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #12922
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
That is so me! It takes a miracle to get me to the doctor. And even more of one to get me to follow doctor's orders. I figure if a bone ain't sticking out, I'm good. I can't even stand to take a Motrin. Just figure the aches will go away after a beer or two. LOL!
Well, I guess that's all fine if you get a yearly physical and get your prostate checked over the age of 50 then I guess you can ignore the normal aches and pains of getting older and the ocassional fall down. :)

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #12923
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Geez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post

Well, I guess that's all fine if you get a yearly physical and get your prostate checked over the age of 50 then I guess you can ignore the normal aches and pains of getting older and the ocassional fall down. :)
You sound like my wife. She has to schedule things like my colonoscopy and then drive me there to make sure I go. I am not a great patient. LOL!

"Iím lost. Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
Old 12-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #12924
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post

I'm not even a "drug guy," prescription or otherwise. Fortunately, I have a high threshold of pain and just deal with it. My body tells me when I've really tweaked something that calls for expert opinion, and only then will I bail to get things checked out... usually after putting up with the nagging of my wife.

And, that's all I have to say about that.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #12925
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

The leg that got tweaked Saturday (I actually heard an audible crack when my leg bent the wrong way) is the same leg that has a 5/16" 14 inch long titanium rod down through my tibia. It scared me. The accident that caused me to get the titanium had me out of work for 3 months. You can imagine my worry when hearing the crack and wondering if I really did some bad damage. At home resting my leg. Will probably go and get it looked at. Mainly because it hurts to walk. Nothing to lose but a 15 dollar deductible and a sick day.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #12926
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
John see eBay part number 270867008717

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-R1200GS-...item3f10ee8ccd
Ended up ordering these mounts. The BMW dealer gave me an out since it was a special order. Kept the special order back side case left side.
Thanks for the link!

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
Old 12-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #12927
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Quote:
The leg that got tweaked Saturday (I actually heard an audible crack when my leg bent the wrong way) is the same leg that has a 5/16" 14 inch long titanium rod down through my tibia. It scared me. The accident that caused me to get the titanium had me out of work for 3 months. You can imagine my worry when hearing the crack and wondering if I really did some bad damage. At home resting my leg. Will probably go and get it looked at. Mainly because it hurts to walk. Nothing to lose but a 15 dollar deductible and a sick day.
That's the tough part of doing fun stuff - the risk of screwing with work. When I used to teach martial arts (two decades ago!), every now and again someone was a little too eager and someone else would get hurt enough to mess up their ability to provide for self and family. So yea, anything that could screw with that is definitely something to get checked and fixed.

Hope it's no big deal and you're back in the mud soon!

Old 12-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #12928
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Still concerned about my (then) fairly recent collarbone injury, I had my hand up inside my Stitch trying to protect it as I was sliding down this gravel road during the "Easter Leg" get off over in WV. The shoulder survived, but I had no idea that I'd fooked up my knee until I peeled off the Stitch at Thompson's Restaurant in Frankln for lunch. No pain whatsoever, but it was swollen up like a football.

John, in your case with the rod, that would have had me really concerned as well. Take care of your leg, and "heal" quickly.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #12929
Defaultgateway
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Things I learned riding West Point:

*I learned it is best to get out of the way of that on-coming big Ford 4x4 with the extra wide/oversize bike eaters on the way to the mud hole.

*I learned that the projection on a BMW air cooled engine is not exquisitely crafted high silicone aluminum casting used to contain the motive energy within, but a cunningly conceived farm implement used to plow the earth....

*I learned that the timing and purpose for such an event was carefully contrived to provide just enough time to order and receive those bike related items smashed/wrecked/scarred/lost/broken/torn or otherwise declared obsolete or inadequate.

*I learned that it's best not to think about why a KLR with a hack and the words "Ambulance- Search and Rescue" show up for the event...

*I learned that a KLR will start equally well regardless of taking a "left" or "right" dirt nap....

*I learned that it is easier to go into the trail than come back out....

*I learned that it is best to stay near the back of the pack, that way you don't miss the trail mayhem...

*I learned that John can make a BMW pivot on the left cylinder and make exquisite counter-clockwise mud art. Observers are warned, however, to be prepared to dodge the rather large volume of BMW parts expelled under great force in a radial direction emanating from such a demonstration....

*I learned that V-Strom riders are awesome at acrobatic movements, and good swimmers, too!

*I learned that playing in the mud is just not for kids....why should they have all the fun?
Defaultgateway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #12930
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defaultgateway View Post

*I learned it is best to get out of the way of that on-coming big Ford 4x4 with the extra wide/oversize bike eaters on the way to the mud hole.

*I learned that the projection on a BMW air cooled engine is not exquisitely crafted high silicone aluminum casting used to contain the motive energy within, but a cunningly conceived farm implement used to plow the earth....

*I learned that the timing and purpose for such an event was carefully contrived to provide just enough time to order and receive those bike related items smashed/wrecked/scarred/lost/broken/torn or otherwise declared obsolete or inadequate.

*I learned that it's best not to think about why a KLR with a hack and the words "Ambulance- Search and Rescue" show up for the event...

*I learned that a KLR will start equally well regardless of taking a "left" or "right" dirt nap....

*I learned that it is easier to go into the trail than come back out....

*I learned that it is best to stay near the back of the pack, that way you don't miss the trail mayhem...

*I learned that John can make a BMW pivot on the left cylinder and make exquisite counter-clockwise mud art. Observers are warned, however, to be prepared to dodge the rather large volume of BMW parts expelled under great force in a radial direction emanating from such a demonstration....

*I learned that V-Strom riders are awesome at acrobatic movements, and good swimmers, too!

*I learned that playing in the mud is just not for kids....why should they have all the fun?
Well, they say if you learn 1 thing a day it's a good day, so you must have had a great day!

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster