ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #13006
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRMN8R View Post
I'm back home recovering from another surgery - this one to repair a non-union issue with my right tibia. I'm praying this bone graft works. Doc says 0% chance of walking as it is, but if it works, I should be able to walk this Spring.
hang in there, Jim
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #13007
freaking RT
will golf for food

hey, has Poe's breakfast gotten any better? I'm thinking about heading there Sunday AM
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 12-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #13008
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,649
I doubt it but I'm thinking of going as well........
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #13009
freaking RT
will golf for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
I doubt it but I'm thinking of going as well........
IBA#10787

– Abraham Lincoln

-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
Old 12-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #13010
BillsburgGS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
That's a super price for a new set! Well worth the upgrade once you sell your stock bags.

So who would be up for a short (4 hour) ride on Sunday morning? I was thinking of "the mud road" but with this week's rain, it may be impassable. We could always try it and turn around if it is too sloppy. (Nothing like falling into 12" of very wet mud when it's 35 degress!) I don't want to leave until 0800 to minimize any encounters with black ice.
For nine months I have been trying to identify a business to start up and have come up short, but I think you guys have handed me the answer...

I will grand open "GS Urgent Care of Mud Road". Know how how fast food brands co-locate under one roof to capture a broader audience and reduce overhead, like Taco Bell and KFC under one roof? At GS Urgent care we will have a sign guiding traffic " bikes to the left, riders to the right". We can fix whichever is broken, or both at the same time, providing you with unsurpassed convenience!

Now, I just need to work out a good loyalty program for repeat customers...

BillsburgGS screwed with this post 12-09-2011 at 02:26 PM Reason: I make tyypos like I have 8 thumbss
BillsburgGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #13011
Jeff Munn
Just along for the ride..

Oddometer: 1,915
Poe's and then?

I might be going to Poe's as well on Sunday, just to get out for a while. While I do enjoy a good enduro, and mud, the idea of mud and water with temps in the low 40's is underwhelming. Once you get planted into that water, you'll be picking a route home soon.

So for the non-manly GS riders out there, I'd suggest taking route 5 and coming down to P-town to see the movie set. They've taken down our awnings and painted out building blue and grey today (go figure). They're mulching all the streets around us as of this morning. Started staging them too with barrels, wooden barricades, even some cannon. It is amazing the watch it. Filming begins next Tuesday and goes thru Friday, so Sunday they'll have it mostly set, and we still have access. By next weekend it will all be gone.

If you want to come down to our back door, you'll have to ride thru P-burg on Washington, to Market. Take a right on Market and come all the way down as far as you can go to the river, then come to our building from the west. All the other streets will be closed to access.

2004 ADVRider Mileage Champion 48,350 miles

Riding Central America Feb 2006

England to China Apr-Aug 2007

Central America Ride Planning and Road Wisdom
Jeff Munn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #13012
Michhub
Major Medical

I can't see cleaning up that mulch from cobblestones to be an easy job.............if I go to Poe's it will be on the 'Ol XR...I tend not to run the highways on it.....I would like to check out the 'set' though....
Bonsai Elephant - "
Old 12-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #13013
skychs
chuck smith

Oddometer: 892
R1200GS Brake line recall

I rode up to Morton's today to pick up a new rear mud guard bracket that broke last week during the mud ride. While I was up there I asked about replacing the alternator belt on my GS. They told me the belt should be replaced at 24K. Opps. I have almost 43K on my GS. Long story short .... they said they could replace it while I wait. I was told $90 an hour labor and $30 for the belt. When I rolled the bike in they said .... by the way ... there is a new recall on the brake lines under the tank. We can replace them for you today for free. Im not sure what they did but they must have covered some of the labor with the recall. My total bill for everything was $73. That included taking off my crash bars to get to the cover. Kudos to Morton's. I was expecting to pay at least $150 today. I even chatted with Jeff Massey (owner) today about RawHyde. Nice guy.

No mud for me this weekend. Anyone riding? The wife is out of town. Poes sounds good on Sunday. I could ride the CB900 over. It could use the exercise.

skychs screwed with this post 12-10-2011 at 06:05 AM
skychs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #13014
skychs
chuck smith

Hey Guys....
I finally talked my friend Mark into joining AdvRiders. He owns a HD 1200 Sportster and now a V-Strom 650. Some of you saw him taking a mud bath last weekend during the mud run near West Point. He is a great rider when he is not on the Sportster. Don't ask me how I know. :-) Please welcome him aboard under the screen name "Jersey".
Old 12-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #13015
Michhub
Major Medical

Quote:
Originally Posted by skychs View Post
...Poes sounds good on Sunday. I could ride the CB900 over. It could use the exercise.
Let's make it a Honda event I'll bring the XR and we can roll down to P-Burg and check out the movie makings @ Jeff's place....
Bonsai Elephant - "
Old 12-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #13016
Jersey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
I'm on here now. How you doing?
Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #13017
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
I'm*on*here*now.*How*you*doing?
Pics or you don't exist.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #13018
rctr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
Welcome Mark!

Jimmy
Rctr
Old 12-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #13019
skychs
chuck smith

Hey Mark...
Don't you have that photo of you and your bike after the mud run?
Old 12-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #13020
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,310
Welcome Mark. Glad I had the opportunity to meet you at the pre-mud, bike loading "event." trust you got the oil leak sorted out on the Strom?