ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #13276
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,865
I figured I would offer these Touratech Cylinder Guards to the Richmond/Hampton Roads ADV Riders first before listing in the Flea or CL. New w/shipping these cost $215
These have never been outside of my garage. I am selling them for $130 for the pair.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
1965 Yamaha YG1-K Rotary Jet 80

JHVA screwed with this post 12-22-2011 at 05:46 AM
JHVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #13277
niceviewbehindbars
out enjoying the vu

Oddometer: 1,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Posting this for a friend. No connection whatsoever:

"My step-son is selling his 2009 Aprillia Dorsoduro 750. He bought it new and has put a whopping 420 miles on it! He has the lust for a new Ford F 150 Raptor truck and the bike has to go.

"Like new machine, Black, fender eliminator kit, 750cc 90 degree V twin (92 ponies), Tri-map engine control = Rain, Tour, Hooligan. :-)

"He lives in Williamsburg, VA and can be reached at 757-272-8886 cell or 757-208-0704 or at: dalemel5924 at yahoo dot com. Said he wants $6500. for it."

I have pictures. PM me with your email addy and I'll forward them to you.

That is bad looking bike. I would love to have it. Not real practical though...

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man." -Unknown

niceviewbehindbars screwed with this post 12-21-2011 at 11:32 AM
niceviewbehindbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #13278
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceviewbehindbars View Post
That is bad looking bike. I would love it have it. Not real practical though...
Again no connection, but I think I could get back and forth to the convenience store pretty quick on it.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #13279
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

I guess $6500 may put a slight dent in a $38,000 truck or it will buy the big tires and some mud goodies.

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster
Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #13280
Eddy Alvarez
Addicited to ALL bikes!

Oddometer: 2,145
Quote:

This is what you get when a BMW GS and a Ducati Monster have a one night stand!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #13281
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 31,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez View Post
I do want to add some more lights but no, that's not mine, lol. That is a project bike outfitted by Gateway BMW. It has 20 aux lights! (Something absurd like 19,000 lumens!) That's almost $3000 in lights alone! There is a you tube video of that bike at night. It's blinding!
just catching up on a fews weeks away from this place

and had to look up that youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69SmerA2EH4&feature=fvst
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #13282
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 31,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
From Matt Danielson:

Last week Tom McGrath defended two motorcyclists who were charged with riding two abreast. For those who were not on the distribution list when this story first ran, it is considered reckless driving in Virginia for two motorcycles to ride next to each other in the same lane. In 48 of the 50 states it is perfectly legal. Only Vermont and Virginia make it illegal and only Virginia makes it punishable by up to 12 months in jail, a $2,500 fine and a loss of your operator’s license. In this case the two riders, one of whom has a commercial driver’s license, pulled up next to each other at a stop light in Crewe, Virginia. When the light turned green they started off together and then separated shortly thereafter. Because of the short distance traveled side-by-side, the judge felt that he had no choice but to find the evidence sufficient to convict both of reckless driving. However, upon being informed that this year there will be a bill before the General Assembly to repeal this prohibition, the judge agreed to continue the disposition until after the General Assembly session. Hopefully we will be successful.

Two weeks ago Jim Cannon and I drove up to Harrisonburg to meet with Delegate Tony Wilt about this issue. He is the Delegate for the Harrisonburg area and is a rider himself. I am happy to report that Delegate Wilt has graciously and enthusiastically agreed to carry a bill to amend the Code of Virginia to allow two motorcycles to travel abreast in the same lane. Being that there is absolutely no data from the 48 states which allow this practice to show that it is causing accidents, it does not seem appropriate to hang a reckless driving conviction around a law abiding citizen’s neck for an act that is not reckless. If you would like to thank Delegate Wilt for carrying this legislation for us he can be reached at DelTWilt@house.virginia.gov

As mentioned in an earlier post, Delegate Todd Gilbert has agreed to be the patron for our bill that will prohibit motorcycle only checkpoints in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It was unanimously agreed upon at this year's legislative round table that this bill was our number one priority this session. If passed it will put to an end the discriminatory practice of targeting motorcyclists with checkpoints such as the one conducted in Arlington this year during Rolling Thunder. For those who are unfamiliar with that checkpoint I have attached the article which was written about it earlier this year. If you would like to thank Delegate Gilbert for carrying this bill for us he can be reached at DelTGilbert@house.virginia.gov

I would again invite all who can to attend this year’s Lobby Day events. They will begin on Sunday January 15 at 12:00 pm. Virginia Coalition of Motorcyclists lobbyists will lead an informational meeting at the Holiday Inn Airport at 445 International Center Dr., Sandston, VA 23150 to discuss this year's legislation affecting motorcyclists. We will discuss the two bills mentioned above, and as always there will be numerous bills submitted at the last minute which will negatively affect motorcycling. As these bills are filed we will be able to identify them and discuss them at Lobby Day so that we can convince the legislators why they are bad bills. Those who participated in last year’s Lobby Day remember the bill that we killed that would have prohibited children under eight from riding on a motorcycle as a passenger. With the help of Virginia motorcyclists we were able to make the argument that since no children under eight had been killed on a motorcycle in the past ten years, we as parents were doing a pretty good job of deciding when our children were old enough to safely ride as passengers on a motorcycle. The bill was unanimously defeated in sub-committee.

After the informational session, attendees will enjoy a free homemade BBQ dinner made by Stewart Newton and provided by several Virginia motorcycle rights organizations including ABATE of Virginia and the Virginia Bikers Association.
On Monday the 16th we leave the Holiday Inn at 8:00 am sharp for our annual trip to the Capitol. After lobbying our legislators, we will attend the opening of the House of Delegates daily session and be recognized from the floor. Afterwards, Tom McGrath's Motorcycle Law Group takes everyone to Penny Lane Pub for lunch as a thank you for coming to support Virginia Motorcyclists.

For more information you can call VCOM at (800) 437-9434. For Room Reservations call (804) 236-1111 and ask for the VCOM rate.

As always if you have any comments or questions about anything that I have written please feel free to contact me. I hope to see you in January.

Matt Danielson
McGrath & Danielson
Tom McGrath's Motorcycle Law Group
1-800-321-8968
Motorcyclelawgroup.com
good post
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #13283
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHVA View Post
I figured I would offer these Touratech Cylinder Guards to the Richmond ADV Riders first before listing in the Flea or CL. New w/shipping these cost $215
These have never been outside of my garage. I am selling them for $130 for the pair.

And this is a sexy bike.

Those are really sweet...
Quote:

bloochdog screwed with this post 12-21-2011 at 05:03 PM
bloochdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #13284
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

The scarey $hit is over......

Hand drilling/tapping into stuff that would be very hard, if not impossible, to replace is done. Just need to fabricate a bracket, make up some RS232 cable adapters that will accommodate the pinouts of the Z-axis combination box (different manufacturer than my scale), and we're done.

Higworld: your bike is going on the lift tomorrow.

Freak: Got your PM and will check with the wife to see just what out Xmas schedule is. I'm been "out of touch" out here, but know we will be leaving Saturday to head to MD for Xmas. If you care to get it by here Friday PM, I'll jump on it right after I get Hig's bike running.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:59 AM   #13285
Greenflyfarmer
I'm better now.

Oddometer: 1,758
Quote:

I know. I ride motorcycles to provide safe, economical transportation.

Greenflyfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #13286
tg4360
Misfit Toy

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young View Post
Hand drilling/tapping into stuff that would be very hard, if not impossible, to replace is done. Just need to fabricate a bracket, make up some RS232 cable adapters that will accommodate the pinouts of the Z-axis combination box (different manufacturer than my scale), and we're done.

Higworld: your bike is going on the lift tomorrow.

Freak: Got your PM and will check with the wife to see just what out Xmas schedule is. I'm been "out of touch" out here, but know we will be leaving Saturday to head to MD for Xmas. If you care to get it by here Friday PM, I'll jump on it right after I get Hig's bike running.

Guy, I heard that digital indicators are the gateway drug to full computer drive. Is that the next step?

TG
tg4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #13287
ckb96124
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Does anyone know of a good powder coating shop in town? I'm re-doing a CB750 & have a need for a good shop who is experienced with powder coating bike frames & parts. The best option in town I've been able to find is Hanover Powder Coating, but I'm unaware of the quality of their work. I also found Figure Finishing in Manassas Park, & they specialize in this sort of work. They're a last resort if there's nothing good in RIC. Thanks guys.

Brian

2001 KLR650-A15
2006 Honda Goldwing
2007 Honda CBR1000RR
2007 Kymco Xciting 500
ckb96124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #13288
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,694
I had good luck blacking out my FZ1 with these guys: http://www.rocketcoatings.com/

Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #13289
Guy Young
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg4360 View Post
Guy, I heard that digital indicators are the gateway drug to full computer drive. Is that the next step?

TG
LOL!

No, don't think so.... especially on my budget. Besides, having a computer do the work kinda takes the craftsmanship away from it, and that's half the fun of it - IMHO, of course.

On another note, got the quill scale mounted and working. Had to make a bracket, but that was pretty easy using the DRO to insure good cuts.

This part of the chapter is done with the installation. Just need to make up the adapter cables for the combination box and we'll be done.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #13290
JHVA
Beastly Adventurer

From the Morton's Newsletter:

We've got some special events planned for the winter, so keep an eye on our EVENTS page. First up is our January 21 CLUB DAY, with special savings for members of the BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington and Richmond BMW Riders. And February 11 brings us the return of our annual CHILI COOK-OFF, where you can pit your favorite recipe against other competitors. Or just come in and sample the different chilis! And we've opened registration for our 2012 Spring Fling Rally, which promises to be bigger and better than our inaugural Rally this past May. You won't want to miss it!

j

2009 BMW R1200GS
1971 MGB Roadster