User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2008, 03:49 PM   #31
blackmamba
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
Stop

Stop, stop, he is bleeding: or is this a caged fight.

Merry and happy whatever you're having.

cheers

Couple of pedal bikes
blackmamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #32
thetourist
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 3,854
That sounds exactly like Blaine. He is/was an "independant" one man business. Some may meet his price, none match his service, IMHO.

He once told me when ever someone complained on the internet that his business increased.

Take a pill and relax. All is good.
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #33
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 3,986
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that response. Direct, to the point and seems to cover all bases. I would have thanked the guy, NOT canceled my order. Some of you people need to put your purse down and pull that stick out of your ass.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #34
Robert_C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,703
In an age where every letter written seems like an attempt to "play lawyer" It is sometimes nice to see someone attempt at humor. Sure,it fell flat; but then, a lot of humor does.

I would not hold this against the guy.
As a nation we still continue to enjoy a literally unprecedented prosperity; and it is probable that only reckless speculation and disregard of legitimate business methods on the part of the business world can materially mar this prosperity. -- Theodore Roosevelt, Sixth Annual Message, December 3, 1906
Robert_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #35
otto
UAW

Oddometer: 850
I have bought many tires from Southwest Moto. After reading that reply they my business forever
Old 12-25-2008, 07:29 PM   #36
Doug Just Doug
Silly Party Candidate

Oddometer: 537
It's gotta be tough for a vendor with years and years of well-documented awesome customer service like Aerostich, New Enough and SWM to get ripped for no reason on the 'Net, where the offending post will remain for eons and pop up in search results.

SWM has been one of the very best, most responsive vendors I've dealt with. If the company has been or is being sold, I'm bummed. I once needed an OEM-coded tire not on SWM's website. Blaine responed to my email by posting the tire on his website within minutes; he then ordered it for me and I received it in a couple of days.

My stupid little website:Tilted Horizons
Doug Just Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #37
ABQTJ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
I'm curious why the original poster felt the need to add in the don't sell my info part in the first place?
ABQTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #38
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,317
Who gives a shit about SPAM, doesn't everyone alive have some hotmail or yahoo acct just for ordering stuff and providing various places online?

And this was probably the ONLY time anyone has ever read the 'please don't give out my email' schtick. The way we get stuff cheap online? Automation... humans aren't reading that shit 99.9999% of the time. This time was the exception, and the guy had a sense of humor

It might just be me, but their response sort of makes me wish I needed tires, so I could order from 'em again
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:24 AM   #39
jsimmons
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
That response would not have bothered me. Amazing he took the time out to answer you honestly. When I owned a BMW dealership he could sell a tire, delivered, to a customer at times cheaper than my wholesale cost. Made me look bad and there was nothing I could do about it. His service was great according to what was my customers. He took a lot of money out of my pcket, but got to respect a good business man. Would not bother me to buy tires from them today at all. Never heard anyting but good reports on them.
Fiddle player
Fry Cook
jsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #40
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,181
I bought twice, great results, lowest final cost. Merry Christmas to all!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #41
uncreative
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
whenever i dream about opening up a retail motorcycle business in my twilight years, reading a post like this snaps me back to reality and reminds me how much being on the cash register side of the counter sucks.
uncreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #42
basketcase
lifelong reject fixer

Oddometer: 1,367
I've bought tires from SWMT for my last three bikes. Always found the sizes I needed at a competitive price. Always got exactly what I ordered.

Sounds to me like the original poster was looking for some reason to prop up his self image by trashing someone who successfully does something he can't do.

As an aside, the customer is not always right. There are customers who will use any excuse to act out in ways that can only be described as a jackass. If dealing with a product, the best thing to do is refund their money and encourage them to shop elsewhere.

In my work now, I fired three "customers" over the last year solely because they demonstrated consistent signs of terminal cranial rectinosis.
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #43
kootenay kid
Lets Ride

Oddometer: 2,614
Holy Shit, tough crowd here. Now I'm off to place an order with SW Gotta spend my Christmas Cash somewhere.
kootenay kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #44
openboatt OP
Don't harsh my mellow

Oddometer: 276
Holy Cow...

I'm humbled by the response to this post. 40+ responses, but better yet, over 1400 views. Now that's impressive! That's bounce! I never expected it to live this long, but thanks to you guys, it's still on the front page.

Never once did I recommend anyone not buy from SWM. I simply told you why I won't, so you guys who've re-pledged their loyalty to blaine, especially those who've jacked their jaws at the same time, he and every other marginal web-vendor owes you a great big SHOUT OUT.

And to you discerning buyers, you folks who've looked in and observed the fun, think about who you want to do business with.

In the meantime, Merry Xmas (that's for you, Ventura Co). obt

PS I'll check back in in a few days to see how things are going!
openboatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #45
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
(Never once did I recommend anyone not buy from SWM. I simply told you why I won't,) Really you never did say why you canceled you order, what part of his response got to you? bete.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote