Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #91
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
ps, dennis kirk has the best tires prices, there quick and not rude..
Ummmm....nope...

Based on this thread I ordered 2 908RRs today for more than $80 LESS than Dennis Kirk......1 day shipping....friendly and helpful service...
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #92
rolo tomassi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
I have been ordering tires from SWMoto for several years now, and have referred them to dozens of riders so that they could save mucho $$$ too. They rock. Before them I ordered from Donelson, another great group to do business with. What's the original gripe? Somebody run outta Tampax in the SWMoto bathroom?
rolo tomassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #93
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Ummmm....nope...

Based on this thread I ordered 2 908RRs today for more than $80 LESS than Dennis Kirk......1 day shipping....friendly and helpful service...
Not to steer anyone away from SWM, but Dennis Kirk will sell $1 below anyone else's published regular price. You have to show them, but they'll beat anyone.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #94
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,761
Pissed I am shocked !

I am shocked ! Shocked I tell you!!!
I have no dog in this fight but think Brian should give us all free stuff for a week!!!!

Furthermore , I will not buy another zepplin til they stop killing all the whales.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #95
rjdills
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
No big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrab
You'd have to know blaine to appreciate his curmudgeon humor. He is FIGMO anyway, now he can come and play with the rest of us.
Yep, his response was a little crusty; I think the old guy thought you were claiming he is known for selling client information, and it pissed him off. Email is a bitch that way; you can never be sure how your written words will be taken when the reader does not have your voice or facial expressions as other clues.

It has happened to me.

Actually to me your message looked like you were saying, "listen you grimy vendor, I'll buy your shit, but don't cross me me, cause I'm a bad ....."

But maybe that is just me.
1977 Triumph Bonnevile 750 (Bonnie)
1977 Yamaha 500TT (Tata)
2001 Beta ALP 200 (Betty)
2004 BMW 1150 GS (Sally)
2007 KTM 450 EXC (Rikki)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (Karen)
2008 Beta 250 LongRide Trial (Bella)
2008 Polaris Razr (Rachel)
2009 BMW 1200 GS (Bailey)
2009 Honda CRF 230 R (Heather)
rjdills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #96
openboatt OP
Don't harsh my mellow

Oddometer: 276
Hey!

I'm shocked...shocked I say, that this subject is still on the front page. To those who commiserate, thanks for getting the message. To you middle school comedians, tough titty. To the 5,000 that viewed and drew their own conclusions, peace, love, dove.

obt
openboatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #97
lfmn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by openboatt
I just canceled an order for just shy of 400 bucks with Southwest Moto Tires. Here’s why. After I received confirmation of my order for 3 tires, I responded with the following message:

This information is correct. Kindly do not sell my name and contact information, including my street or email address. Thank you. tjs

This is a standard request I make of anyone I do business with online and if you don’t want junk mail or spam, you should too. Get a load of the response I got back from someone named blaine (sic) at Southwest Moto:

WE have been in business since Jan 1 of 2000 and have never sold, or given away any customer information. We do not store your information for future orders nor do we email you for sales or other crap. We did not solicit your business this time nor will we in the future. YOu found us, not the other way around.If you are as good as we are then you do not have to seek out business, it will find you. If you want us again , we will still be here. You will only hear from us if we hear from you first.
Thanks for your order and have a merry Christmas which is a day of celebration of the Birth of Christ.

blaine

Happy Holidays, blaine.
I'm going to have to buck the trend in putting in my two cents. I don't need anyone to kiss my ass, but I thought his reply was over the top. All he needed to do was say that he doesn't sell customer information. The part about Christ doesn't bother me at all, although I don't know why he found it necessary to add that to the email. It seems to me that a good business man should never give a customer a reason not to buy from them.

I think the bottom line is that if you own your own business then you can act however you want and if you are the customer, you can refuse to do business with whoever you don't like.
lfmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #98
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that response. Direct, to the point and seems to cover all bases. I would have thanked the guy, NOT canceled my order. Some of you people need to put your purse down and pull that stick out of your ass.

One more time for the people in the cheap seats.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #99
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,603
I bought a lot of tires from blaine. He's pretty direct, but has always done everything he says he's going to do.

I'm going to buy some more from him, because he doesn't sell my info to anyone. He never even remembers that I've bought from him before. I'm always treated like a new customer.

*bump to the top*

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #100
DirtyOldMan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,898
Not sure but I think I bought my Metzlers from SW Moto can't remember.

I will buy my next set from them for sure, I really like that they don't sell your info to all those spammers out there.

13 650 Terra

96 R1100R
DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #101
uncreative
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
oh no, i just bought some new conti's from him yesterday. if i'd only known!

oh wait, the tires were super cheap, no sales tax, no shipping, and they'll be here tomorrow. i guess thats all i care about.
uncreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #102
onbmw
MooseDrooler

Oddometer: 198
Have been ordering from SWMoto Tires

since they opened for business. Never an issue of any sort. Just ordered and received a set of BattleWings for the Capo. Ditto for those I referred.
06 Aprilia Caponord
onbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #103
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,473
This thread is killing me. SW Moto tires is one of the best in business, every time I ordered something from them they were flawless. This thread 's title is very misleading and may drive some business away from them, and it's a shame because they are great. Just my .02 c as someone who bought from them over 20 times.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #104
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,080
From what I've been told, Blaine flushes his email system and don't even have a mailing list for his own use!

In one sense, that's great news. In another, think of how many repeat customers he COULD have had iffen he'd kept *some* data! After all, sometimes you just things.

M
Old 01-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #105
* SHAG *
Unstable

Oddometer: 4,338
Is Blaine AKA the Tire Nazi? There was a guy from Arizona at the RA in Shelbyville a few years ago who put a new rear tourance on my 12GS.
05-GS- Rock Red 92k
06-GS- Dakar-40k Sold
* SHAG * is online now   Reply With Quote