Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #106
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatBob
Not to steer anyone away from SWM, but Dennis Kirk will sell $1 below anyone else's published regular price. You have to show them, but they'll beat anyone.
Last time I used them, they did do it a buck cheaper after I email them the price I was getting but got it back on shipping plus. This was four or five years ago so don't know how they are now.

Been with SW for the last several years now. Not ever a problem and free shipping with two tires.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #107
rickf
oldfatguyMAN

Oddometer: 1,695
Bought a couple more from them about a week ago. Blaine is just stopping in occasionally at this point. I emailed about some tubes and GOT A CALL BACK! I suggested that they pack them inside the tires rather than shipping them seperate, saving the freight. Apparently my tires had already shipped so they shipped my tubes at no freight charge!
Yeah, the new guys are bastids too!

p.s. They told me they are going to be adding tubes to the website ordering soon.

Originally Posted by rickf
Oh no, Robby's still a pendejo, but he's OUR pendejo!
rickf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #108
Uncledeadly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Pissed I hate Bullshit Sales tactics like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatBob
Not to steer anyone away from SWM, but Dennis Kirk will sell $1 below anyone else's published regular price. You have to show them, but they'll beat anyone.

If Dennis Kirk is such a great place to deal with why don't they offer a decent, reasonable price all the time rather than trying to gouge the crap out of their trusting customers that don't question their prices.
Sorry...just venting. I was in a business in the past where my competition was so lazy that they were pulling these BS maneuvers where they would just match or beat my quote. It drove me around the bend! Sure happy to not have to deal with that anymore.
I have bought from SWMoto in the past and will be in the future. The best deal around by far!
Old 02-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #109
rickf
oldfatguyMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncledeadly
If Dennis Kirk is such a great place to deal with why don't they offer a decent, reasonable price all the time rather than trying to gouge the crap out of their trusting customers that don't question their prices.
Sorry...just venting. I was in a business in the past where my competition was so lazy that they were pulling these BS maneuvers where they would just match or beat my quote. It drove me around the bend! Sure happy to not have to deal with that anymore.
I have bought from SWMoto in the past and will be in the future. The best deal around by far!
+1

Old 02-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #110
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,205
OK, you persuaded me. I bought a pair of tires from SW Moto tonight, before I checked anyplace else for price. They beat DK by $7.80 on the pair, and Bike Bandit by $17.69 for the pair, shipped.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #111
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,965
I just bought a set of Bridgestones from SWM. Ordered them on Monday and they arrived on Wednesday.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #112
CollinsB
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 982
I dig SW Moto! Dennis Kirk....not so much.
CollinsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #113
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
I am a big cheer leader for SWMOTO, been buying from them for years and will buy from them again.

My only issue, and it's not that much of one is: In todays market I am used to getting a "Shipped" email with some shipping information for stuff I buy on the internet. A simple, order shipped, UPS/Airborne/FedEx ID# XXXXXXXXXXXXX. This way I can make arrangements to be there for delivery should they use a shipper that requires a signature.

And this issue is totally of my own making. I typically do not order tires until I need them. AND I NEED THEM! 2 holes in the rear and here I sit waiting, 5 days later.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #114
rickf
oldfatguyMAN

Ordered (AZ) yesterday afternoon, arrived (SoCal) 10a.m. today, already on the bike.

BTW, they are having a few website issues on checkout (freight method) so they had me call my order in.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #115
The Jerk
Bring us some fresh wine!

Oddometer: 2,592
This is the lamest vendor complaint I've ever read. openboatt clearly = ass clown.

I guess the bright side is that SWMoto will no longer have to suffer this idiot.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #116
brasters
Just Bob

Oddometer: 131
Question Service change at SW Moto?

Has anyone else seen a service change to the worse from SouthWest Moto? The last two orders have been at least a week to get the tires, They are in Tuscon AZ and I am in Livermore CA. In the past I used to get the tires within two days. I tried e-mailing them but got a message that it failed the spam test from their website. This was using their "contact us" page. When I click on the "order link" from the response e-mail when I placed the order, I get a message I am not autherized to view the order???????

Anyone else have the same issues?

2007 R1200GSA Alpine White
brasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #117
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,311
I've switched to using American Motorcycle Tires... Same shipping policy, and better tire selection, and nearly the same prices.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #118
justrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Total cry babies

This just bugs me. I have done business with SW and Dennis kirk. Both excellent vendors Dennis Kirk has been around for a long time. Parts Unlimited bought them a few years back. I have never had one problem with either. Buying tires is a part of riding. I support my local shop here in Minneapo lis 90% of the time. If you don't they will disappear. Dennis Kirk spends thousands of dollars year in catalogs who else does this? . There also open almost 24/7/365 and the showroom is open on Sunday. Any one person that lives near Dennis Kirk has had there ass saved buy them being open. I wouldn't give that up for a couple bucks, And they are one of the securest companys by asking for Id on every transaction, So do your own home work they do enough already

QUOTE=GaelicDog;10904533]I am a big cheer leader for SWMOTO, been buying from them for years and will buy from them again.

My only issue, and it's not that much of one is: In todays market I am used to getting a "Shipped" email with some shipping information for stuff I buy on the internet. A simple, order shipped, UPS/Airborne/FedEx ID# XXXXXXXXXXXXX. This way I can make arrangements to be there for delivery should they use a shipper that requires a signature.

And this issue is totally of my own making. I typically do not order tires until I need them. AND I NEED THEM! 2 holes in the rear and here I sit waiting, 5 days later.[/QUOTE]
justrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #119
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,889
I pretty much get all my moto tires from SW Moto. Fast and free shipping. Low price. Good selection. And enough info on their website to help me order.

Cool biz.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:05 AM   #120
Ed999
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Another check mark in the favorable column. I have bought several times from them, great folks, great service.
Dude, let your shorts out a notch, I think they're a tad too tight. I dug their response.
Ed999 is offline   Reply With Quote