ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #121
tpc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
>>>>>hold yer horses<<<<<<

I was working Garmin from 2 angles phone and email. The email guy got back to me and advised a master reset >> it works perfect
I'm the "master of customer service" if anyone out there says Garmin has poor CS there plain crazy. I've used Garmin for a decade and there excellent to work with.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #122
TeamReader
Lee

Oddometer: 76
Zumo 660 arrived today

I got my zumo 660 from the FedEx guy today, tuesday. I ordered it from GPSCity on Sunday evening. Pretty quick service.

I have mounted the RAM mount on my R1200GS on the hoop over the speedo/tach area. I am expecting the arrival of a AP-1 Auxiliary Power Fuse Panel by Centech tomorrow (Wed). I will mount that under the seat in the tool tray.

I plan on connecting the following stuff:

Tank Bag will contain:
J&M Integratr IV
iPhone (bluetooth to the Zumo 660)
Motorola Talkabout T5620 (hardwired to the Integratr)
Yaesu FTM-10R Amateur Radio w/AM/FM/Weather (hardwired to Aux Integratr)

Mounted to the bike:
Zumo 660 (hardwired to the Integratr)
Oregon ATC-2K Waterproof ActionCamera (RAM mount to hoop over the speedo/tach area)
AP-1 Auxiliary Power Fuse Panel by Centech (power to Zumo, Yaesu, Integatr, iPhone)

I will just pile all this stuff in the tank bag until I have tested it all out. Once it is all checked out I will fab a mounting plate to fit in the tank bag out of Delrin plastic and set it up so I can install it in either my small or large BMW tank bag (depending on the trip requirements).

I will try to post some photos as the project moves ahead. So far (and I've only had the Zumo for a couple of hours) the Zumo is doing good, acting OK and loading maps.

I will have a pretty complex electronic suite on the bike, I plan to build the mounting panel so I can play mix and match with the various radios and stuff to meet my gadget geek fancy as I go along.

The one area that I would like to develop some additional info on is the Yaesu FTM10R and it's direct speaker/mike cable. I have a Yaesu cable with the connector on it and I would like to build a cable to connect that to my J&M headset in my helmet so I could use just the Yaesu direct to the J&M headset. If anyone has some info on that let me know.

See you on the road.
TeamReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #123
Mike in Atlanta
Oh Noes

Oddometer: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpc
I was working Garmin from 2 angles phone and email. The email guy got back to me and advised a master reset >> it works perfect
I'm the "master of customer service" if anyone out there says Garmin has poor CS there plain crazy. I've used Garmin for a decade and there excellent to work with.

Your 1 experience does not represent everyone's experience with Garmin.

07 R1200GS
Mike in Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:27 AM   #124
tpc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
not 1 experience Mike > read> over a decade of working with them on different issues.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #125
Widz
05 lurker.950adv/sm rider

Oddometer: 81
Question Zumo 660

I believe this is now just out/due out shortly. Can anyone give their take on it please. Im in need of a replacement&not sure whether to risk getting this new model or a 550/rider v2.

Cheers.

& if youhvae one how much did it cost you?

KTM
Widz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #126
Widz

Anyone in EUROPE that has one of these up & running and can give some info/opinions on it welcomed.....

Best prices found would helpful too.

Cheers

KTM
Old 05-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #127
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widz
I believe this is now just out/due out shortly. Can anyone give their take on it please. Im in need of a replacement&not sure whether to risk getting this new model or a 550/rider v2.

Cheers.

& if youhvae one how much did it cost you?

Did you read post #70 in this thread? Some of the Beta-bugs I experienced in the review have been fixed but not all of them. If you have specific questions I'd be happy to try and answer them.

Bought mine via AMA discount @ Garmin; price $648+tax/shipping

Cheers,

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #128
Widz

No, I hadnt seen it as my posts were moved/merged. Its very informative, so thankyou very much.
I hope the problems youve highlighted are addressed.

KTM

Widz screwed with this post 05-05-2009 at 02:07 AM
Old 05-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #129
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

I hope that they are addressed soon as well or my zumo660 is going back to Garmin!

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 05-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #130
sreynen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
maps in 660

What maps is the 660 shipping with? '09 or '10?
sreynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #131
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Mine was shipped with CNNA 2009. But, when I Registered at MyGarmin I received an email that I qualified for a free upgrade to 2010.10 - which I did.

Dan
All Things GPS
Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 AM   #132
Widz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamReader
I got my zumo 660 from the FedEx guy today, tuesday. I ordered it from GPSCity on Sunday evening. Pretty quick service.

I have mounted the RAM mount on my R1200GS on the hoop over the speedo/tach area. I am expecting the arrival of a AP-1 Auxiliary Power Fuse Panel by Centech tomorrow (Wed). I will mount that under the seat in the tool tray.

I plan on connecting the following stuff:

Tank Bag will contain:
J&M Integratr IV
iPhone (bluetooth to the Zumo 660)
Motorola Talkabout T5620 (hardwired to the Integratr)
Yaesu FTM-10R Amateur Radio w/AM/FM/Weather (hardwired to Aux Integratr)

Mounted to the bike:
Zumo 660 (hardwired to the Integratr)
Oregon ATC-2K Waterproof ActionCamera (RAM mount to hoop over the speedo/tach area)
AP-1 Auxiliary Power Fuse Panel by Centech (power to Zumo, Yaesu, Integatr, iPhone)

I will just pile all this stuff in the tank bag until I have tested it all out. Once it is all checked out I will fab a mounting plate to fit in the tank bag out of Delrin plastic and set it up so I can install it in either my small or large BMW tank bag (depending on the trip requirements).

I will try to post some photos as the project moves ahead. So far (and I've only had the Zumo for a couple of hours) the Zumo is doing good, acting OK and loading maps.

I will have a pretty complex electronic suite on the bike, I plan to build the mounting panel so I can play mix and match with the various radios and stuff to meet my gadget geek fancy as I go along.

The one area that I would like to develop some additional info on is the Yaesu FTM10R and it's direct speaker/mike cable. I have a Yaesu cable with the connector on it and I would like to build a cable to connect that to my J&M headset in my helmet so I could use just the Yaesu direct to the J&M headset. If anyone has some info on that let me know.

See you on the road.

Definately looking forward to these photos!

KTM
Old 05-05-2009, 04:35 AM   #133
sreynen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
zumo 660 maps

[quote=DRTBYK]Mine was shipped with CNNA 2009. But, when I Registered at MyGarmin I received an email that I qualified for a free upgrade to 010.10 - which I did.[/quote

Thanks for the info--I'll be ordering mine today from Garmin with the AMA discount.
sreynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:45 AM   #134
sandstorm
Odd

Oddometer: 257
Thumb Got my shipping conf...

I ordered mine through AMA/Garmin Employee Sales awhile ago (month or so?) and the brown truck will be dropping it off tomorrow.
sandstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #135
sandstorm
Odd

Oddometer: 257
Thumb

They weren't lying either. I was most suprised to see the big change in dock...
  • It has no detachable power connections, one umbilical cord.
  • With the one cord...it should be way nicer to integrate to existing comm systems.
  • It's tiny as hell compared to the old one.
  • Those pins are dead center, in the core of the mount, no more flange type setup. I am hopeful this will work much better.
  • It is vibration isolated better than the last unit.
Haven't gotten it on the bike yet, but playing with it in the car it's pretty nice. Don't forget to register it as there is a new map update available.

The only negative for me is that I have the MSN direct receiver, and this is not one of the units that receives the weather map overlays (like the Nuvi 855) it only does forecast and current temp. Oh well...the rest of it is pretty damn nice.
Attached Images

sandstorm is offline   Reply With Quote