ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Europe, Africa, & Middle East
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2006, 01:37 AM   #1
aakoksal OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
SpeedCamera POI for Italy

Hi all,

I'll be having my honeymoon on a bike all around Italy; total 4500 km in 20 days. I've just upgraded my Quest 2 to StreetPilot 2820.

Even though I'm not a speedy type guy, I'm still interested to know locations of Speed Cameras out there hunting.

Does anybody have an already compiled list for Italy? I've tried some web sites, (i.e. www.poieurope.com, www.poigps.com) but either could not find anything, or site was in Italian which I don't speak.

Hope somebody can help me,

Regards,

Akin
aakoksal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
Frank Warner
Traveller

Oddometer: 6,593
Try UKGSer ... they have a GPS page too with a sticky on speed cameras..
Frank Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 4,113
Just got back from 3 weeks in Italia. Had no idea there were any speed cams.

Semper Paratus
marty hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
Capotourer
CapoNoMore

Oddometer: 547
Would not worry about it if you drive speed limit Just kidding.... enjoy your honeymoon instead of worrying about that.
20 days in Italy should be beautiful. Let us know what route you are taking. I'm planning on doing Turkey/Greece/Italy in 21 days next year.
I noticed you are from Istanbul. Are you shipping your bike over there?
(Levent)
Capotourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
dik
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
greetings from sunny (yeah really !! ) england

try this link
http://www.scdb.info/en/

i found it the other day, so have no idea if they are any good or not.
looks like a 10 euro charge though.
showing 1132 cameras in italy.

hth
all the best
rich
notts
uk
dik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #6
aakoksal OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capotourer
Would not worry about it if you drive speed limit Just kidding.... enjoy your honeymoon instead of worrying about that.
20 days in Italy should be beautiful. Let us know what route you are taking. I'm planning on doing Turkey/Greece/Italy in 21 days next year.
I noticed you are from Istanbul. Are you shipping your bike over there?
(Levent)

Levent,

Please click on this link; http://www.koksals.com/Albums/Italy Tour.jpg. It is a screen shot of our preliminary route. We may take some shortcuts depending on durations we spend on cities...

We plan to camp as much as possible, but will keep the option of luxury hotels couple of times; it is a honeymoon trip anyhow...

I work in Russia and will be back to Turkey on 27th. Wedding is on 6th, so next morning we'll head down to Cesme and take the ferry to Brindisi. It takes 36 hours, of which I'll have chance to rest on both direction little bit...

Ride Safe...

Akin
Old 07-18-2006, 11:46 PM   #7
aakoksal OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty hill
Just got back from 3 weeks in Italia. Had no idea there were any speed cams.
Can you give me a brief of your route? Any info would highly be appreciated, i.e. where did you sleep - camp / hotel, how many km per day, etc... (Hope we won't be off-topic talking such info here...)

Regards,

Akin
Old 07-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #8
aakoksal OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dik
greetings from sunny (yeah really !! ) england

try this link
http://www.scdb.info/en/

i found it the other day, so have no idea if they are any good or not.
looks like a 10 euro charge though.
showing 1132 cameras in italy.

hth
all the best
rich
notts
uk
I've just resigtered and downloaded their database, thank you very much for the link...

Revision to the message: They have a huge database, covered countries are: Belgium, Germany, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Czech Republic, Great Britain.

You have to subscribe to this service by paying 10 Euro for a year.

Regards,

Akin

aakoksal screwed with this post 07-19-2006 at 02:39 PM Reason: Update on Info
Old 07-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
lynck49
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aakoksal
Hi all,

I'll be having my honeymoon on a bike all around Italy; total 4500 km in 20 days. I've just upgraded my Quest 2 to StreetPilot 2820.

Even though I'm not a speedy type guy, I'm still interested to know locations of Speed Cameras out there hunting.

Does anybody have an already compiled list for Italy? I've tried some web sites, (i.e. www.poieurope.com, www.poigps.com) but either could not find anything, or site was in Italian which I don't speak.

Regards,

Akin

I subscribe to POI; looking at Italy, the following link seems to list all cams and each links to a map of location.

http://www.poihandler.com/poi_list.asp

Confirm country as Italy; select Speed Cameras in the main group; leave sub group as speed cams and click list.

Doesn't seem to all be in Italian but, to some extent, does it matter if it is in Italian, as long as the warning comes up and you get an audible early warning? Hope the link helps: in any case, relax and enjoy your honeymoon.
lynck49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
cll2
Greetings from Tater-town

Oddometer: 6
Supported Garmin Units?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynck49
I subscribe to POI; looking at Italy, the following link seems to list all cams and each links to a map of location.

http://www.poihandler.com/poi_list.asp
Looks like a pretty good site, but I note they only seem to support a limited number of Garmin units. Anyone know the list is just out of date or is that it. I'm wondering if there's any way to download their POI's to my Garmin 478. TIA...
cll2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #11
byrons_childe
nevtom

Oddometer: 5
speed cams in Italy

Hope its not too late to answer:
Have to cross Italy every summer to get to other places (live in Mlata) - usually speeding isnt a prob on Italian autostradas - however according to Italian news some recent bad accidents during the August holiday season has mae Parliament change some laws and they've introduced hefty fines for speeding. Knowing the Italians this'll be enforced for a few weeks and everything will go back to normal once again.
I've never come across a speed cam in Italy so far though.
byrons_childe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:16 AM   #12
GreenOrange
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
No doubt it's too late for the original purpose of this thread, but maybe it will be useful in the future for somebody else: http://www.garmin.it/download.php?id=5

It's an optimized file for garmin devices, derived from the effort of this good site: http://www.poigps.com/modules.php?name=Downloads (look for "Autovelox", it's always up to date, free registration needed to download)

Bye!
GreenOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
zakou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 984
Do you have something like this for Turkey?

Akin I am planning a 15 day trip to Turkey this May from Instabul to Black sea region to Van then Capadocia and back to Greece do you have the sooed camera locations for Turkey?

Quote:
Hi all,

Regards,

Akin
zakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #14
kfsinc
Chaingolian Observer

Oddometer: 2,488
Also way late for the OP, but watch out for ALL traffic cameras in Italy. Seems many of the local municipalities have contracted with a third party company to put up cameras for ZTL - Zone of Traffic Limitation, One Way, Stop Sign and I'm sure many other infractions.

They send you a ticket (bill) in the mail a few months after the infraction. Then continue to hound you. Nearly impossible to fight and not cheap -- about 200 Euro --
“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”, Mario Andretti

Indulge. Repent. Repeat.
kfsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #15
MountianGoat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Hi all,

Regards,

Akin
All Speed cameras must be posted 400 meters before the camara. Look for AutoVelox signs on the road ways and then your speedometer.

A fairly new thing is Tutor. On select highways (http://www.autostrade.it/assistenza-...initPosAra=3_4) you will run into speed averaging. A Check Point, sometimes the Message boards have a camera pointed at your six and time stamps and records your tag number. When you get to the next check point you are time stamped again. Your average speed is calculated and presto! A speeding ticket pops out if you are over. Exactly when, where, and how this happens remains a state secret. It must be mailed to you within 120 days and penalties can be very hefty. You may not think these devices are in operation judging by local driving techniques. The news services may give you clues as to when, where and how these devices are used and what the cut-offs might be, i.e.10km/h over, 30Km/h over, etc. You can bet increased traffic fatalities hit the news or around holiday periods will result in increased Polizia Stradale enforcement. The other thing is you will find very inconsistant speed limits from one area to the next on similar roadways. One town police department may look to speeding tickets as a funds source while others never invest in the hardware. It is up to you to figure out who is hot, and who is not. Web sites don't carry that information.

Best advice: stay away from these monitored roads and pay attention to the speed limits.
MountianGoat is offline   Reply With Quote