Oddometer: 8,167
Thumb

got this in an email, enjoy... http://youtu.be/KcuDdPo0WZk
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #3603
Colorado CJ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 892
Thanks guys. Here's one more I just finished post processing. Shot with my Takumar 200mm F3.5 at F5.6

F-22-15 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

'09 DL650
'06 DR650
Colorado CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #3604
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,773
LOVE the shots with the old Mustang fly-by.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #3605
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,838
Outstanding!

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #3606
Shadow10
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
You did an excellent job shooting into the sun. Theres not a lot you can do when adding fill light is a bit limited!
Shadow10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #3607
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,312
Am I the only one who is really not a fan of "heritage flights"?
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #3608
JamesG
Rabid Poster

Oddometer: 10,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp4073 View Post
Why?

I dig them. They highlight the progress that has been made over the past 50 years.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #3609
Shadow10
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Please explain?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #3610
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

It just seems silly to try to formation fly aircraft from completely different eras simply for the purpose of people to take pictures. I dont know. Neither can actually fly like they are supposed to because they are trying to conform to each others limits. I can remember being very young and thinking "thats just dumb". I would rather each of them do another separate pass showing off what they can do...
Quote:
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #3611
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,544
Neither aircraft is trying to fly at it's limits. It's about showing how far we've come. Think about the Model T parked next to the latest Mustang (car) if you will...or watching them on a parade lap around Indianapolis. Yea, you could just set up a static display, but something about seeing what won a war seventy + years ago, flying next to what will win the next war is an amazing contrast, and a reminder of both what we've accomplished in the aviation world, but also what those that came before us were able to do with what seems like primitive technology in comparison.

If they were having a mock dog fight or something like that, then yea...I'd agree.
Audaciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #3612
Shadow10
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audaciter View Post
Neither aircraft is trying to fly at it's limits. It's about showing how far we've come. Think about the Model T parked next to the latest Mustang (car) if you will...or watching them on a parade lap around Indianapolis. Yea, you could just set up a static display, but something about seeing what won a war seventy + years ago, flying next to what will win the next war is an amazing contrast, and a reminder of both what we've accomplished in the aviation world, but also what those that came before us were able to do with what seems like primitive technology in comparison.

If they were having a mock dog fight or something like that, then yea...I'd agree.
I agree. I love seeing generations of aircraft flying together, especially warbirds. At some point each of them was considered the latest and greatest. I also have the utmost respect and admiration for the people that keep old aircraft flying. I have found it hard enough with old cars and bikes, old aircraft take it to a whole other dimension.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #3613
Flying-D
Just Passing Through

Oddometer: 2,570
Quote:
I'm with you....and I'll add a tangential rant...

I sit in on our airshow planning meetings. We always do some sort of veteran/patriot theme for what appears (to me) to be for the sole purpose of marketing. I'm not at all saying that the spectators don't get a tear in their eye from time to time, but that for the planners it's pretty much about how many paid admissions they can get, and what marketing slant to use. I was pretty much outright offended more than once in the planning of the last Blue Angels Show here, and how much it was about waving the flag for the purpose of appearing patriotic while holding out their hand in hopes of the almighty dollar.

I'm not ragging on the Blue Angels here either, but rather our airshow planners, and all the others who wave the flag in hopes inspiring people to open their wallet. Fucking sickening...A Salute to Veterans, my ass!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #3614
chazbird
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,375
If you wait the next 70 years from the P51 F-22 heritage flight it'll be the F22 and the fist sized UAV that's made of invisible polymers. Or, due to historic costs increases, more likely there won't be anything, visible or not.
chazbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #3615
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-D View Post
I'm with you....and I'll add a tangential rant...

I sit in on our airshow planning meetings. We always do some sort of veteran/patriot theme for what appears (to me) to be for the sole purpose of marketing. I'm not at all saying that the spectators don't get a tear in their eye from time to time, but that for the planners it's pretty much about how many paid admissions they can get, and what marketing slant to use. I was pretty much outright offended more than once in the planning of the last Blue Angels Show here, and how much it was about waving the flag for the purpose of appearing patriotic while holding out their hand in hopes of the almighty dollar.

I'm not ragging on the Blue Angels here either, but rather our airshow planners, and all the others who wave the flag in hopes inspiring people to open their wallet. Fucking sickening...A Salute to Veterans, my ass!
dont know where you work, but we do the same thing. But we are a pretty shallow pocket, all volunteer, non profit. Anything we can do to keep the doors open, the memory alive, and sell the idea that these warbirds need to be protected, restored, and flow works for me. When I have guests at our museum I sell them on that idea. Not "give us money" but "be part of us and contribute how you can to keep these aircraft preserved for the future generations"

to be honest, its usually an easy sell. Heck our airshows are $20 and for every $20 we bring in, we spend about $16 to put the show on!
Quote:
Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: