Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #2386
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 4,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
I'll be here until spring.

I just got a text from Southwest airlines that the flight I got for tomorrow is now canceled, too

I call to try to get a new flight . . . "We're sorry, but due to the weather issues we are unable to answer your call. Please log on to our website to change your flight".

I log onto SW's website . . . "we're sorry, you can only change flight plans that were made online" - since I had to change my flight already over the phone, now I can't change my plans online.

Can't get anybody on the phone . . . not allowed to change my flight plan online . . . double fuck

Did you have to press 1 for english?

What all that really means is --we got your money so we don't really care about you anymore--
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #2387
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,721
-DustyRags
DirtyDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #2388
nanotech9
** Slidewayz **

Oddometer: 1,437
theres not much they can do to help dirty dog. That guy may have been off duty too... who knows.

I know my G/F sat at the PD all night lastnight and had explicit orders not to go anywhere unless it was an extreme emergency. None of their cars had studded tires i think.

They only had one call worth checking on and she took my truck to run down to the location. No getting stuck in the Titan.

I wouldn't imagine they'll check on anyone unless its after dark and theres someone still in the car. If its daylight, and they haven't actually suffered a injury type wreck, then its kinda everyone fend for themselves.

My buddy drove around all day yesterday pulling emergency personell out, including a police car with his Titan. Even moved a big F250 with a service bed and welders in the back of it. Spun it around 180 and yanked him out.

I got the KTM 525 out lastnight... made it down to the street in the yard and lost all traction. took a while to push it back up the drive.

I drove around all night lastnight in the Jeep cherokee goofing off... its not heavy enough to pull anyone out except for small cars, but it'll get through almost anything.
'04 KTM 525 EXC
'02 YAMAHA TTR 125
'99 KTM 50 ADV
'86 KTM 250 2-smoker resto-project
nanotech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #2389
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

Oddometer: 3,688
DD, I agree he should have at least checked on the other driver, I know I would have. I'm not going to make excuses for him, but there may have been more going on than we know about, such as a mandate from the Sheriff.

During the Christmas blizzard last year, I spent two days at work because the roads were too bad to get home. We had two 4WD vehicles at the department. The rest were Crown Vics with cable chains. After repeatedly tossing the chains trying to get people who should have stayed home un-stuck, and getting our cars stuck in the process, we retreated to the PD to take emergency calls rather than patrol, because we couldn't.

I managed to shovel enough of the driveway to make a path to the pasture, which was almost drift-free. I was able to get the Jeep running after stealing the battery out of the Mazda and cut across the pasture, making a new "gate" by the road. The county hasn't done anything about clearing the road, but a path has been cut through to Hwy. 77, so I can make it to work tonight, I just won't be bringing the car home for a few days.

-Joe

Trust and Respect take years to earn, but can be lost in a moment.

Life's too short to hold a grudge. -Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #2390
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Oddometer: 1,086
So I broke my snow shovel. Last time I broke a snow shovel I was in Omaha NE.

Anyway, without a shovel to finish clearing the drive, I thought I'd just use the 4WD truck to pack it down. Well it worked, but I put chains on all 4 wheels first and still had a heck of a time. I think the drifts were almost 2ft where the drive meets the road.

I backed the truck into the garage and left the chains on - so bring on more snow Friday (40% chance according to the latest forecast) .
1) Stop trying to save the world
2) Eat more Bacon
JumpJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #2391
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post

What all that really means is --we got your money so we don't really care about you anymore--
I finally gave up and drove to the airport, went up to the ticket counter and got a new flight that way. Much easier, but it meant I had to go to the airport. Oh well. If all goes well I'll be home tomorrow . . .
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:42 PM   #2392
Strog
Geek on two wheels

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotech9 View Post
I drove around all night lastnight in the Jeep cherokee goofing off... its not heavy enough to pull anyone out except for small cars, but it'll get through almost anything.
My '99 has gone everywhere I wanted to go. I've been going to work everyday this week and passed a lot of "better" vehicles in the ditch. These Toyo tires have really been doing the job in this weather.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:50 AM   #2393
nanotech9
** Slidewayz **

I've got a '98 with 4.5" lift and 33x12.50x15 S.S. Trxus on the front and TSL's on the rear. Finishing up a roof rack for it. Added a beefy hitch i built to the rear. Front bumper is next, then rear, then rebuild the steering with 3/4ton chevy parts and custom 1.5"OD 1/4" wall tubing etc.

Sad part is, my stock Titan will can out perform it in the snow. Shes got the massive weight to establish traction and drives so much smoother. The Jeep is a ragdoll in the ruts. Both are fun though

'04 KTM 525 EXC
'02 YAMAHA TTR 125
'99 KTM 50 ADV
Old 02-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #2394
OutlawSon
The one on the run..

Oddometer: 138
Yeah I had the same problem, I was in Oakland, was supposed to go to Denver then to Tulsa. Tulsa was canceled of course and they we're trying to keep me in Oakland. I said, I'll go to Denver please. It was a battle but they let me go to Denver. From there, closest I could get was to Amarillo. So I did. They were supposed to get me to Dallas the next day. Canceled. So I rented a car...all they had was an Impalla, but I took it. Drove all the way back to Tulsa no problem. Roads weren't even bad until I hit about 20 miles east of OKC on the Turner Turnpike. From there I was still able to keep a good clip and only challenges were passing semi trucks. But I made it. Course now I'm back in the H3 with my new 33" tires. I'm a happy camper. It's all about tires and gas, gas, gas. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post

OutlawSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #2395
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 32,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawSon View Post
It's all about tires and gas, gas, gas. LOL

I suggest you limit your intake of Taco Bell then!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #2396
OutlawSon
The one on the run..

Oddometer: 138
Hahaha, yeah I wish I had a sand tire in this video. It was a blast though...good work out to say the least and the good news was I didn't have to pick that heavy b up. Love it.

OutlawSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #2397
tomski74
Silesian American

Oddometer: 1,426
Rare CL find - 1967 Norton Atlas

I hope someone here steals this thing:

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/2190365532.html
Old 02-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #2398
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,721
I wish.
-DustyRags
DirtyDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #2399
nanotech9
** Slidewayz **

'04 KTM 525 EXC
'02 YAMAHA TTR 125
'99 KTM 50 ADV
Old 02-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #2400
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Oddometer: 1,086
Think I know why I had such a hard time in the driveway.

Decided to go to the grocery store and also attempt to replace my broken snow shovel. Went ahead and took the chains off and drove to Lowe's. All the time I'm thinking "Man, the 4WD isn't pulling through the snow like normal". Also I'm thinking "Man, there should be a 4WH-High light on somewhere". So at the Lowe's parking lot I do some backing manuvers on hard asphalt plus pull out the manual and confirm NO 4WD. So now I'm not happy.

Back home I Google the internet for F150 4WD doen't work. Apparantly this is a known global issue but only happens when it snows in Southern locations . The cure is to crawl under the truck and knock hell out of the shift motor on the transfer case. Works! Lot easier to make it through the drifts now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet View Post
So I broke my snow shovel. Last time I broke a snow shovel I was in Omaha NE.

Anyway, without a shovel to finish clearing the drive, I thought I'd just use the 4WD truck to pack it down. Well it worked, but I put chains on all 4 wheels first and still had a heck of a time. I think the drifts were almost 2ft where the drive meets the road.

I backed the truck into the garage and left the chains on - so bring on more snow Friday (40% chance according to the latest forecast) .
1) Stop trying to save the world
2) Eat more Bacon
JumpJet is online now   Reply With Quote