Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #3136
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Joe -- it is a scheduled race. Rest assured though, that by the end of the short course, c riders are usually going as fast as they possibly can to stay on time. and by the end of the long course, those guys are going as fast as they can as well.
Crash217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:06 AM   #3137
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddirtjoe View Post
I thought Enduro was more a "stay on your minute" thing not necessarily how fast can you go?

Its been along time since I've done one though!
An enduro, yes. A harescramble is the first one to the finish.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #3138
aaronp1264
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
what time are the races going on in kellyville? i for sure won't race. unless i wanted to be that guy in jeans and t shirt with no steering stabilizer and 10 year old boots. but i may feel like checking it out and mingling with the locals.
aaronp1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #3139
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 3,986
[QUOTE=aaronp1264;16875551i for sure won't race. unless i wanted to be that guy in jeans and t shirt with no steering stabilizer and 10 year old boots. [/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that. The first race i ever entered (1981) I rode in overalls, old boots and no gloves, ---to me comfort has always been more important than looks-- I won my class.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #3140
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,503
I competed in many trials events wearing borrowed boots, sweatpants, and a t-shirt. Nothing wrong with that.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #3141
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
Ride the C class. Sometimes there are cherry pickers though, guys who have ridden C class for years and years. So if there are a few guys who spank you hard, don't let it get you down.
The first enduro i ever entered (couple a decades ago,... or more ) I entered the open B class. I was on a KX 500. I finished 5th. IF I had entered the open A class i would have been 2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
Nothing wrong with that. The first race i ever entered (1981) I rode in overalls, old boots and no gloves, ---to me comfort has always been more important than looks-- I won my class.
The older I get, the better I was.

DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #3142
aaronp1264
Gnarly Adventurer

lol. my first time at a motocross track i had on mx pants with reebok running shoes. well i've only had my 300lb xr650r for 3 months and i haven't been on any trails to speak of. mainly just backroads and gas trails. can't wait to do so though.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #3143
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
AaronP -- The kids will start around 9, the SxS around 10. The bikes around 11, and the quads around 1pm.

I'm loading up the truck and headed that way... tornado watch in the area be damned!
Crash217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #3144
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog View Post
The older I get, the better I was.

DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #3145
fotobo
KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddirtjoe View Post
I thought Enduro was more a "stay on your minute" thing not necessarily how fast can you go?

Its been along time since I've done one though!
The typical enduro usually has some sections where timekeeping is required. Often at the beginning of the event. It normally turns out to be an all out race though in the end. Anyone that thinks an enduro is not a race, has never ridden one. A lot of the events now are going to a restart format where no time keeping is not required. It is an all out race from check to check. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe all the national races have gone to this format. It makes it a lot simpler for the new rider so I can understand this trend but being from the old school I still like the timekeeping. I started out riding timekeepers so it is hard to change. In a timekeeper you are required to be able to think and ride at the same time. I don't do either one real well, but I like to try.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #3146
aaronp1264
Gnarly Adventurer

i got shit on by an ascending turkey vulture. may have dropped flesh it was eating too. most disgusting shit i've encountered in my life.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #3147
fotobo
KTM rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomski74 View Post
They'll be at RibFest downtown, tonight at 8PM. May come and check it out. Admission is free
I went down there and watched them for awhile last night. They're good. The guy second from left is the lead singer and an Adv rider. He rides a 650L.

They have a sort of a Lynrd Skynyrd country rock sound, which I like.

fotobo screwed with this post 09-17-2011 at 04:01 PM
fotobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #3148
fotobo
KTM rider

I did a little short video of them too. I did it with my Iphone so it doesn't really do them justice. I will attach it if I can remember how to do it.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #3149
cinco
bageldog

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
We were up in eastern Oklahoma on Fri & Sat this last weekend. Headin up to southern MO the rest of Sat & back down into AR on Sun. We rode some pretty cool roads while in OK. Some I had been on before ...like 82 & of course 259. But ...new to me....The Indian Highway & Welling Rd were some really great rides. OK10 was a nice ride too. I should have posted asking about more of the same before we left,but didn't. So now I'm askin.....You folks kno of any other "Can't Miss'em" type small paved roads (county roads I guess) with curviness & hills??? I'm gonna make a list for the next trip north. I've got the link for MotorcycleroadsUS. That's how I found the Indian Hwy & Welling Rd.
Here are some rides...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679703

More info on the Indian Hwy and Welling Road? Doesn't strike a chord and I'm always interested in more local rides.

cinco screwed with this post 09-18-2011 at 11:53 AM Reason: meh
cinco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #3150
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,440
OK Twisties

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinco View Post
Here are some rides...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679703

More info on the Indian Hwy and Welling Road? Doesn't strike a chord and I'm always interested in more local rides.
Thanx cinco....You posted up some roads that I didn't see listed on the websites. I guess some of ya'lls favorite local paved roads are still "reserved" to keep 'em less trafficy for ridin. ...& that's OK too.

Indian Trail Hwy runs from Bethel on 259 about 15 miles or so north of Broken Bow NW across 144 near Honobia & up to 271 just south of Talihina.
Welling Rd off of OK100 just east of OK82...runs north up to US62 just east of Tahlequah.
Both nice roads....

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 09-18-2011 at 02:39 PM
Mr2mch is offline   Reply With Quote