Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #3946
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,885
rode trials in my younger days..I sure miss it...I gots to come to one of these events..keep the info posting!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #3947
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotobo View Post
You're right Jon that was DirtyDog along with several of the other inmates from this forum.

It was good to see you and your wife and really good to see your mom. I had not seen her in a long time. We had a lot of catching up and reminiscing to do. She is a great lady.

I really enjoyed the event, they have a first class operation and have put a lot of time and money into it. Hope to get to go out there again.
Fotobo -- It was nice to see you and your wife as well. I don't think I had seen her in about 15 years! We must be blessed to have some wonderful women surrounding us.

So is the owner of the property taking membership requests?
Crash217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #3948
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,429
Anybody looking for some new toys? A friend is off-loading a bunch of them. I'm still waiting on final details, but the list looks something like this -

TTR 125 - nearly new. Only has about 4 hours on it
2010? YZF 250F - very good condition. About 60 hours
2010? YZF 450F - very good condition. About 20 hours

Polaris Trailblazer 330? 4-wheeler - pretty much new

Yamaha 3 person jet ski w/ trailer - about 45 hours
Sea Doo 2 person jet ski - about 60 hours

I'm waiting on pictures, but I'll post 'em up when I get them.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #3949
Celtazon
Enigma

Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash217 View Post
Fotobo -- It was nice to see you and your wife as well. I don't think I had seen her in about 15 years! We must be blessed to have some wonderful women surrounding us.

So is the owner of the property taking membership requests?
The land is currently only open to family and friends and special events.
Celtazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #3950
Torquer
Hey, watch this.....

Oddometer: 85
Jim (ThumperJim), Scott (Widow) and I are riding to Poteau saturday morning. We plan to meet up early and be rolling by 7:00am towards Poteau. There is a road Jim knows that he wants to ride. I think its a forest service road. Meetup location is somewhere in B.A....not sure if we are eating yet either. Details TBA.
Torquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #3951
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
What will you be riding on your Poteau trip? I will be at the AR SLAP gathering on Saturday, otherwise I could meet up with you and take you on a loop. (I live in Poteau.)

Perhaps your friend is referring to the Poteau Mountain Road that runs the ridge from just south of Hartford, AR all the way to 71 hwy, some 22 miles or so. To access it, you will need to turn south just before reaching Hartford. Use the Crossover Road to access Poteau Mtn ridge road. (The crossover road runs from Hartford over the Poteau Mountain divide, and continues on down toward Bates if you choose to do that.) If you run the ridge to 71 hwy, turn south on 71 and you can head to Waldron and stop at the Phillips 66 on the bypass for non-ethynol fuel. The Char-Broiled Grill is next door and has great food.

From Waldron, IF you know how to connect them, you can ride dirt roads and forest roads back to Crossover Road up and over the Poteau Mtn Range again, and back to Hartford. All of that is a fun, smooth ride. There will be some switchbacks, some exposed rocks edges, and loose baseball rocks on the south slope of the Crossover Road.)

For more challenge, head west at Hartford into OK (where the hwy becomes Hwy 83). Turn south on Morris Creek Road off Hwy 83 to Round Mtn Road. Follow Round Mtn. Road up into the west end of the Poteau Mountain Range, and enjoy! But don't get lost. You really need a guide or something to ride the west end of the Poteau Mountain Range. LOTS of junctions and locked gates. Diffculty can range from "Cool!" to "You've got to be kidding". Dead ends abound, too.

However, it's been a few years since I've been on intimate terms with what's left available to ride on the west end. Could have changed significantly since then. (I do know the main arteries are open from Round Mtn Rd to Benson Crossing. Rode that loop twice last week.)

Good luck and have fun!

Vinduroman
Old 05-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #3952
aaronp1264
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
anyone going to the skiatook race this weekend? just read on the occra website that the place will be unlocked at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon, i may go ride down and see what i can get in to without getting in trouble.
aaronp1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #3953
Torquer
Hey, watch this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
What will you be riding on your Poteau trip? I will be at the AR SLAP gathering on Saturday, otherwise I could meet up with you and take you on a loop. (I live in Poteau.)

Perhaps your friend is referring to the Poteau Mountain Road that runs the ridge from just south of Hartford, AR all the way to 71 hwy, some 22 miles or so. To access it, you will need to turn south just before reaching Hartford. Use the Crossover Road to access Poteau Mtn ridge road. (The crossover road runs from Hartford over the Poteau Mountain divide, and continues on down toward Bates if you choose to do that.) If you run the ridge to 71 hwy, turn south on 71 and you can head to Waldron and stop at the Phillips 66 on the bypass for non-ethynol fuel. The Char-Broiled Grill is next door and has great food.

From Waldron, IF you know how to connect them, you can ride dirt roads and forest roads back to Crossover Road up and over the Poteau Mtn Range again, and back to Hartford. All of that is a fun, smooth ride. There will be some switchbacks, some exposed rocks edges, and loose baseball rocks on the south slope of the Crossover Road.)

For more challenge, head west at Hartford into OK (where the hwy becomes Hwy 83). Turn south on Morris Creek Road off Hwy 83 to Round Mtn Road. Follow Round Mtn. Road up into the west end of the Poteau Mountain Range, and enjoy! But don't get lost. You really need a guide or something to ride the west end of the Poteau Mountain Range. LOTS of junctions and locked gates. Diffculty can range from "Cool!" to "You've got to be kidding". Dead ends abound, too.

However, it's been a few years since I've been on intimate terms with what's left available to ride on the west end. Could have changed significantly since then. (I do know the main arteries are open from Round Mtn Rd to Benson Crossing. Rode that loop twice last week.)

Good luck and have fun!

Vinduroman
JIm is the guy putting together the ride. I will tell him you are in the area. call or text me 918-508-9816 and maybe we can coordinate something. Im not sure if Jim is really familiar with the area or not. It would be awesome to have a local meet us. So far its three guys on KLR650's. We can go alot of places, some of us are braver than others...
Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #3954
Torquer
Hey, watch this.....

Here are the details for Saturday's Pateau ride from Tulsa

Meeting - QT South of the Broken Arrow Expressway on 145th (the new one across the street from the Kawasaki Dealer)

When - We ride @ 7:00am. That means if you show up at 7:05 you will miss us.

Breakfast - We will ride till 9:00am and stop somewhere for a bite.

Thats all I know right now. We will wing it from there I guess.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #3955
thumperjim
U S NAVY VETERAN

Oddometer: 7
I am open to anyone thats wants to go or take us around. Love to meet new people and have fun.
thumperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #3956
The Toyman
Handy not Handsome

Oddometer: 735
DirtyDog needs tire at SLAP

Dirty dog tore up a truck tire on Hurricane Road, and needs someone to bring a tire (235-75R-15). He is running on his spare.

If you bring one on a wheel it needs to fit standard Ford 150.

Call Jason if you are bringing one so we don't get more than one.

Faster, Faster, Faster! Till the trill of speed overcomes the fear of death
The Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #3957
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toyman View Post
Dirty dog tore up a truck tire on Hurricane Road, and needs someone to bring a tire (235-75R-15). He is running on his spare.

Some one should just take another truck to him, I am surprised he got that far.....
Old 05-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #3958
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Hi Torquer and ThumperJim:

Would love to meet up with you guys sometime and take you for a spin over here, I just can't this Saturday.

Saturday I will be in Arkansas riding at the SLAP ride.

Perhaps tonight after I pack and load my bike I can see if Google Maps shows the county and forest roads I was in reference to. If so, perhaps I can mark the route I was in reference to for you guys to consider.

Have fun!

Vinduroman
Old 05-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #3959
Torquer
Hey, watch this.....

Right on vinduro
Old 05-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #3960
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toyman View Post

Just to clarify- I'm not in dire straits here. It is 11 miles to pavement for me (with no spare) but I'll be on the easiest gravel possible. Will be stopping for a tire on Saturday on my way North to Missouri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newner View Post
Some one should just take another truck to him, I am surprised he got that far.....
I was surprised as hell to see that the spare you sold me with this truck actually fit the hub. Also- it boiled over on me. At least I had something to do (the tire) while the motor cooled.
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote