Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #3991
Dirt2007
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
Did Brian make it home? I wasnt there when he fixt the flats..did he pay rick and tomski to run along side holding up the truck? were toll fees extra? we gots to know!

He was riding the klr like a trials bike at mill creek ohv this morning. I know he made it to toll booth on the cherokee turnpike.
Dirt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #3992
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt2007 View Post
He was riding the klr like a trials bike at mill creek ohv this morning. I know he made it to toll booth on the cherokee turnpike.
Pix or it didn't happen.

Ah, nevermind. I know it didn't happen. Unless Tom and Carl were there to push and lift.
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #3993
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
Did Brian make it home? I wasnt there when he fixt the flats..did he pay rick and tomski to run along side holding up the truck? were toll fees extra? we gots to know!
Tires were plugged thanks to some fellow inmates, both of them still holding air this morning.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:38 AM   #3994
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog View Post
Pix or it didn't happen.

Ah, nevermind. I know it didn't happen. Unless Tom and Carl were there to push and lift.
Your right it didn't happen, but Mill Creek was a good time even for us non-racer types.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #3995
Torquer
Hey, watch this.....

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Yup... the KLR part slipped right past me in my hurry to get packed/loaded up and off to ride the Ozarks at the SLAP gathering.

Best bet would be to meet up and let me guide you through the west end of the Poteau Range "one of these days". I am just beginning to get reacquainted with what's available to ride after The Big Lockout... still looks to be a goodly amount of stuff.

HOWEVER...

It's getting hotter and hotter. I don't really enjoy riding log roads/trails in heat. I usually switch over to the touring bike once the heat arrives. Even at that... once we're well into the 3-digit temps... that too, gets parked until cooler temps arrive. My vocation requires working in the heat... and when it's THAT hot... I like to spend my weekends doing minimal outside stuff and piddle with stuff inside the A/C house.

There are lots of trails off the USFS roads... but most of them dead end. There are a few that connect with another FS road... but some of those are quite techincal IF they're still rideable. (We had an ice storm again a couple years ago, as well as erosion/washouts.)

However, some of it was pretty great riding. Though not technically in Oklahoma, this trail is just over on the Arkansas side of the ridge (decends the north slope) that you guys rode Saturday. It should still be open, as it is a USFS approved trail.

I haven't been on it in years. The above was taken in the early 90's.

Yup... gotta' get my butt up in those mountains and see what's still available to ride. That may take a while, the wife has really taken to dual sporting, and we're looking at doing some multi-day dual sport riding in the Ozarks come Autumn.

Vinduroman
I would be interested in an all dirt route if you can point one out. Does anybody around here know of an all dirt route anywhere?
Torquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #3996
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Since going to an Enduro is always an adventure, and I ran into DirtyDog there and he is mentioned in my race report... I figured I would post it here. I refer to Dirty as Capt. Awesome.

The Crash Report; Hardwood Style. Friday; With a mere mention that I was headed to missouri to race and the offer of a ride with AC, Jeremy Thomas agreed to come. He had poison ivy already and was only mildly reluctant. But I saw the glimmer in his eyes. Saturday; Antics and mayhem ensue early as I roll into his driveway and we realize we need to go back to my house AND his shop as we both have forgotten things. Jeremy does his best Bobby Possumcod impression and we stop at Sonic for 2 RT 44 Dr. Peppers. This will be a recurring theme throughout the weekend. We finally arrive at Matt Coffins house about 40 minutes behind schedule. Matt doesn't care, he usually runs about 43 minutes late so we were right on schedule as far as he knew. I have already farted 16 times, also a recurring theme. All loaded and ready to go in the mom-mobile we hit up a BK for some pre race fuel of optimum quality and talk to a random stranger about how awesome Zink ranch was. Jeremy is just about to get the jumper cables out to zap himself so we depart with haste and are quickly greeted by Brady Meador on the turnpike. he gives me the bird as he goes by in the slow lane so I do what any self respecting okie boy does. I tell Coffin to floor it as I drop tro' and moon him out the passenger side window. Brady stares for a minute before reacting, then calls to tell me I need to wipe. I get self concious and ask Matt to pull over. I have farted another 12 times. Jeremy is wearing jumper cables clamped to his nips, the other ends are buried in the floorboard, I can only assume he has them hooked to the sterio as he is rythmically rocking back and forth with a gas mask on his head. Coffin is rock steady and checking the mileage to the next adult bookstore with the vigalence of Magnum PI.

By the time we roll onto location, I have made us take at least 2 detours, once on a hunch for a good gas station and another because I suddenely realized that I did not have enough pre-mix. Heckling occurs about my over-use of petroleum products until I point out that I haven't had to add coolant to my bike since 1993. They swear I am confused as to what their talking about but I saw that they were depressed about their 4 stroke steeds already and left it be. I get us there with another Sonic stop, Jeremy was looking pale. Just after arriving I watch a group of people walk across the dirt road through the pits and realize they have a Baja 1000 worthy dust cloud following them. I panic and try to distract everyone in my group with a little dancing jig but they see past my distractions and start complaining. i remind them that dust knocks poo particles out the air so they don't have to worry about my gas, I farted 3 more times waiting to pay the gate fee and sign the release form. We get camp together, and Captin Awesome rolls and I call him over to camp by us. Capt. Awesome rides a KLR 650, He rides it to races, races it, and rides it home. He looks like a pre-historic creature dragging that huge cock and ball assortment around behind him. Capt. Awesome hangs out with us most of the evening. I almost felt bad sharing stories because anything we had paled in comparison to his masochistic enduro lifestyle. David Knight is a pussy to me after hanging with Capt. Awesome.

After dinner myself, Jeremy and Matt all go on walkabout. Maybe it was the food, maybe it was my gas, but when we found "The Wall" from the Ozark 100 Miler I was consumed with a desire to ride it and put it on my calender right then. It reminded me of that hot chick I ran into awhile back. I knew she was going to hurt me but I didn't care. I got up the next morning with all kinds of scratches and bruises and had a glorious story to tell about it too! Once back at camp Jeremy's Sonic drink was running low and he was complaining about his poison ivy. I blew cig smoke at him and told him to tighten his foot binders. His whimpering subsided when he realized that he could watch the Thunder game on his phone. We didn't see him for another 3 hours. I went to sleep but woke up at 4:15 with the most horrible pee pains ever. I am very confused as to why I can't make it through the night at an enduro without peeing. Its annoying and its rude of my bladder and prostate to conspire against me like this, I have races to win. As I get up I realize that Jeremy is laying in his sleeping bag, in the dirt, in front of the tent. A truer enduro rider you will never see. Poison Ivy, sleeping on the ground, jumper cables. He didn't even bring a bag for his stuff, just through a set of riding gear in the back of the truck and said "hurry up pussy". I'm sure Jeremy's dreams are filled with Clint Eastwood and Bobby Possumcod having strong political discussions while drinking Rt. 44 Dr. Peppers. I pee next to Jeremy's CRF450 and go back to sleep... but not before Matt and I have a small farting contest.

Holy crap its 6:30am Sunday morning! I better get up and get in line for biscuits and gravy. I'm rush over, hoping I don't have to stand in line like I did for the steak dinner the night before. I'm lucky and get food quickly. After eating I go back to camp and kick Jeremy. he mumbles something about my mother a dog and dairy queen and throws the sleeping bag over his head. At this point we all take turns spooning with him and taking funny pictures. Capt. Awesome returns for a special photo, And Jeremy complained about a tweak in his neck and a black eye all day. We all get geared up AFTER the riders meeting and we make fun of everyone with mis-matched gear. Jeremy rides around camp repeatedly asking everyone why they have chosen to ride something other than a CRF450. He is startled to see such odd things like KTMs with weird numbers like 200, 300, 350 on the side and almost passes out when some fellow rides up on a gas gas. I'm just as confused, I don't think anyone needs anything other than a YZ125 or a YZ250 for the fatties. Matt is just confused and makes elvis faces at his bike hoping it will start. Somehow it does and we are all shocked that even though its a 4 stroke, it doesn't sound like its going to blow up today. The dust at the staring line is thick and after we take off I almost instantly vomit. Maybe it was the dust, maybe it was because the water in my camalback has been in there since sometime in march, no one knows. I keep the bisquits and gravy on the inside and continue my ride. As I pull into the first test, I see Brady Meador ride off back towards camp. it almost looked like he had a tail and it was between his legs. I find Matt, and we laugh about passing Jeremy on the side of the trail 2 miles in.

1 loop down, 2 to go. I pull into the camp and Jeremy and Brady are sitting there, cleaned up and smiling. Neither of them made it more than 3 miles. I gas up, and really try to talk myself out of going to the second loop. But matt left, and I did have fun for at least 2 of the 20 miles. I hem, haw, and smoke a cig... this makes me 1 minute late to the re-start. Darn. The second loop is much like the first, just a little longer and a little more gnarly. Very little happens, up, down, rocks, roots, up, rocks, down, roots, ouch my shoulder, rocks, roots, up, down, done. Yay! I pulled a massive bubba scrub right into a tree coming out of a creek, that was pretty awesome. Someone should have told the camera crew where that was. It only felt like it would have been 2 miles from camp via the access road we kept going across. At the end of the second loop I felt pretty good, but I was kind of hoping that matt would chicken out. It had been a long time since he ate and i was almost sure he would quit. But he didn't, he event went to the line early! Now its time to tighten up the nipple clamps and get it on. I reluctantly went out for my third loop, remembering the sight of Capt. Awesome dead lifting his KLR up a hill and I feel alittle more manly by just seeing that. I reminded every check worker that I wouldn't tell on them if they just wrote me down as being 15 minutes late to each remaining test. I was a little unsure of the clubs goal at this point. I was pretty confident in my lack of skill, speed, or endurance... I didn't need another loop to prove it to everyone else too. I'm petitioning for Expert Short course to be brought back.

So Jeremy crashed out, Matt beat me, and I cried myself to sleep. The ride home was fairly uneventful aside from having to stop at 3 sonics, and a Taco Bell. I farted another few dozen times maybe, and tried to use the bathroom at a Joplin gas station. There were people milling about and the stall wall looked like swiss cheese so I just turned and left that establishment. Jeremy really tried to find a craigslist deal to be had on the way home, but came up empty handed. When we all got home, the dogs barked, the peasants rejoiced and all was quite.
Crash217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #3997
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,352
^this one.

All lies except the farting.

Fun hanging with you guys. Hit me up about the STW shindig.
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #3998
Crash217
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
It was nice hanging with you too. I'll let you know next week about Bismark, Maybe we can figure something out on a massive joy ride out there. We have a flat bed trailer, maybe rent a big van and everyone pitch in $100 for the gas and rental? I promise to sit in the back with my ass out the window.
Crash217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #3999
thumperjim
U S NAVY VETERAN

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinduroman View Post
Just back from SLAP. Great time! Got introduced to several Oakies including Celtazon. Didn't really get a chance to talk with Celtazon, but the fame of Celt's riding skills was soon heard about while at SLAP!

Hey ThumperJim: Did you get over toward Poteau this weekend? If so, what route did you end up riding?

I've got to figure out a group ride over this way. It would be fun to head off into the mountains with a bunch of idiot Oakies on farkled bikes! We're an odd lot, us Oakies.

Later!

Vinduroman

We sure did and had fun doing it.. http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...x4jim/jim2.jpg If you get a group ride i am in.. I would like to thank you for the map it was spot on and worked good for us.. The view up on the ridge was nice. Thank you jim
thumperjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #4000
Torquer
Hey, watch this.....

Hey Jim, how about posting some pics of those new scratches on that brand new bike?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #4001
thumperjim
U S NAVY VETERAN

no i don't think so... here hows she looks http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...m/IMAG0037.jpg
Old 05-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #4002
thumperjim
U S NAVY VETERAN

Not
Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #4003
sooner02r1
Wannabe

Oddometer: 313
saw a red 1200gs headed south out of Norman on i35 at 7:45 this morning. that any of you? I was on the black v-strom
sooner02r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #4004
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner02r1 View Post
saw a red 1200gs headed south out of Norman on i35 at 7:45 this morning. that any of you? I was on the black v-strom
wasnt me..that lucky bastid!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #4005
Torquer
Hey, watch this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner02r1 View Post
I saw one of those in Silver on hwy 20 and 169 this morning. Nice bike. I revved my little KLR engine at him and said in my brain bucket "What! What! You aint got shit!" Then I realized I was on the KLR not him. lol....jealous