ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #3451
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
Looks like a blast out there today.

But like always, I was working on the building and no time to play. But got the insulation in the ceiling today and will have the inside of the shop finished this week. Gas company will be here to drop off my propane tank in the morning. So I will be able to get out there and play some now.

There were several out at Redbird today, Header stopped by to say hi as did others that I didn't know yet.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #3452
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,730
You're hard work has been paying off Kenny, that buildings looking good

I stayed about another hour after I stopped by your place, I lost a rear wheel bearing towards the end nothing catastrophic though. But I did run out of gas out behind the power line hills. Im not used to running that stock tank so I didn't know how much of a range I had, im used to just looking down . Apparently I don't have a functioning reserve on that petcock either...

Ill stop in next time im out there.

KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:39 AM   #3453
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
I smell a TRX-400 motor swap...
Yes, a '05 or newer TRX400EX motor with the e-start and retreat option sure would be handier than a pocket on a t-shirt. The bike is not hard to kick start, under most conditions, but I always seem to kill it at the worse locations and end up wrestling the thing around just so I can reach the ground to kick it over and get it fired up again. I watched time after time, Corey (520EXC) & Ryan (WR450) both get into a situation, stall it, hit the magic button and never have to lift their feet off the pegs and just keep right on truckin' up a hill or whatever. Like I said...the magic button on the HonDeere would be such a handy option to have. The retreat option of the '05 and newer 400EX's would just be an added bonus to make that bike the ultimate trail riding beast... for me anyway

Honda XR "Complete" S/M Wheels For Sale ---> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20028089

TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:35 AM   #3454
nixgtpULYRAGE
Thisweek on Lifetime

Oddometer: 100
Talking

Looked like a fun sunday. The only thing that i got to do motorcycle related is buy more farkles.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...light=panniers

Do you guy know where i can get some cheap universal mounts for these things? Oh i got the darien 9" us locks. Hope they look pretty.
nixgtpULYRAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #3455
nixgtpULYRAGE
Thisweek on Lifetime

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
If you're putting them on a dually bike Happy Trails products make saddlebag mounts for most bikes. All you'd have to do is ship the bags to them and they'd add the proper mounts for your bags before powdercoating. I've used their stuff for ten years on the WoodsWing with excellent results.

One thing--most dually bike's subframes aren't strong enough to handle the increased weight of loaded saddlebags and people have had the ass end of their motorcycle break off during trips. The WoodsWing was stripped and gusseted before the bag mounts were installed. We've ridden two-up with a load with no problems with this setup. Something you might consider before you put 'em on.
I already have the racks that the panniers atatch to for my ulysses. What I dont have are those "L shapped turn knob latches" that you drill the panniers out to attach to the racks. Happy panniers has a set of 8 (2 panniers) for 49.99. I didnt know if if some one new of a more reasonable set.
nixgtpULYRAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:39 AM   #3456
jwolf
Wolfie

Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixgtpULYRAGE View Post
I already have the racks that the panniers atatch to for my ulysses. What I dont have are those "L shapped turn knob latches" that you drill the panniers out to attach to the racks. Happy panniers has a set of 8 (2 panniers) for 49.99. I didnt know if if some one new of a more reasonable set.
I have Happy Trail racks and mounts on my cheap bags I bought new on Ebay for under $200. I lined the bags myself and have been very happy. I did add hinges as i didn't like dealing with the lids.
Http://159.218.3.3
Vincennes IN
jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #3457
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,832
Quote:
SX tix available again...
Just spent 15 minutes with ticketmaster. Seats 4 & 7 already sold....

I tried Tim.
oPAULo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #3458
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Well, I would just love to be around Bedford tomorrow to see nobody getting around town, Except for this person

Should be able to get some really good looks from people out there.

Me, I'm ready for this little storm they say are coming.

I got the chainsaw going today with a new fresh tank of fuel/mix, 4-wheeler windshield installed, 200 gals of propane delivered today for the garage with plenty of work to do for the next couple of days till it is over.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #3459
WRyan450
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
If its too nasty to work tomorrow... I'm going to stud up my front tire and go riding. Secretly I hope hell freezes over. (Or just southern indiana)
2002 Honda CRF50

I may not be "Fast and Furious", but I am "somewhat quick and mildly upset"...

WRyan450 screwed with this post 01-31-2011 at 08:49 PM
WRyan450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #3460
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,487
damn but the drive home from work last night sucked ass, i spent 20 min scraping no less than 3/8" of ice from my truck... no fun indeed.

today i let dog out and she busted her ass twice in driveway and was walikng very tenderly on grass that was iced up... like walking on a bed of nails.. which was pretty funny. a lil later i walked out to start truck up before work and proceeded to bust my ass as well.

wound up getting a call from work. for the first time ever... i got called off from work due to weather. so i am fully expecting power to go out so i can sit here in dark while old man winter slowly starts creepin up on my ass in here.

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #3461
header
Chris

Oddometer: 1,730
Yup, about the same over here in Bloomington. Not that much ice but plenty enough to cover everything. I guess the roads arent too bad, though I haven't been out on them yet. I did however get a new oversized rotor, wheel bearings, and a front tire installed.

KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #3462
alpiv
Sr. nOOb

Oddometer: 2,173
I have a feeling your dog was Laughing it ass off at you when you went down......

Everything is shut down.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
damn but the drive home from work last night sucked ass, i spent 20 min scraping no less than 3/8" of ice from my truck... no fun indeed.

today i let dog out and she busted her ass twice in driveway and was walikng very tenderly on grass that was iced up... like walking on a bed of nails.. which was pretty funny. a lil later i walked out to start truck up before work and proceeded to bust my ass as well.

wound up getting a call from work. for the first time ever... i got called off from work due to weather. so i am fully expecting power to go out so i can sit here in dark while old man winter slowly starts creepin up on my ass in here.

alpiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #3463
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,016
Let's go!

Okay, I'm ready. Who wants to get out and go for a ride? I'll be ready just as soon as it quits raining down here and starts to get some ice accumulation. Glad I cleaned the bike yesterday and brought it home from the shop last night. I'm ready! Bring on the snow & ice!!

Honda XR "Complete" S/M Wheels For Sale ---> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20028089

TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #3464
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Sitting here with the generator powering the furnace and tv so I am happy. Lost power around 7pm.

Got plenty of heat in the shop and worked on the L today and got it running, the rear shock removed and ready to have it reworked.

Was outside a little bit this evening getting the generator all hooked up and the trees out behing the house was cracking and falling everywere.

Sounded like a war zone out there, so there will be alot of trails to clean up now.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #3465
Dadster
I'd rather be ridin

Oddometer: 211
Just wanted to share the current weather.

I got out Tuesday after work for an hour and a half on unknown county roads - head phones in lovin life. I had some good seat time to hold me over for this lovely weather. The interlake run looked ok. I've never ben there. Sooner or latter I'd like to.
07 Hawkeye 300 4x4 Margarita Momma's

Dadster screwed with this post 02-01-2011 at 10:59 PM
Dadster is offline   Reply With Quote