ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #841
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarm
Southeast of Indy off of I-74. Right between Indy and Cincy. Home of the new Honda plant and millions of acres of corn and soybeans.
Welcome aboard! What do you ride??
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #842
pigfarm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Garage full of stuff. 2004 KTM 200exc plated, but just barely. 2004 RM 125 for random track days. 1996 KDX200 for loaning out and hopefully baiting outsiders into the sport. Couple of kids bikes. On the hunt for a XR650r for a D/S conversion. Like to have something to do a little back road exploring. I've seen some sharp XRR D/S conversions on this site that look like they can run pavement sections with ease and still handle the trails.
pigfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #843
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Very cool. I'll recommend the DRZ400 but I'm really biased tward that bike. Country cruise, Highway, deep woods, track. Jack of all terrain, master of none. Bulletproof.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #844
Yokomo
Gorilla Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,152
pigfarm I'll take that ktm200 off your hands when you're ready!

Hi Paul!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #845
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,622
Pigfarm, I'm just a couple small towns south of you in North Vernon,my wifes parents live out by Lake Sante. I have rode around Decatur Co. some but not alot. When you get a road worthy steed come ride with us,or look for our dirt rides.

BTW when is this Interlake weekend we have talked about. I think I could squeeze a riding boot on.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #846
upweekis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,358
LOTS of good rides in Decatur and Ripley counties. Gravel roads, ect. I'm in Westport, Come on down.
John
Old 04-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #847
pigfarm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
I met more local riders in the last 6 hours than I have in the last six years. You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a quadtard, but seeing another dirt bike rider is rare.

That DRZ is my second choice and its looking better all the time. Finding a stock XRR in good shape around here is tough. I might lose patience and end up with a DRZ. Did you buy the street legal version or plate a off road version? Kick start or button?

I hope to keep the 200 for a while. Its great for the AMA dual sports and is able to keep a way faster pace in the tight stuff than I can. It's fun to be that fast in the woods, if only in five minute bursts!

I'm just outside of Milford, and you're right, I just need to get out and look for some bad road.

My in-laws have a place at Santee also. Lot six, right by the beach area. The roads get rough between there and Batesville. Might need to explore.
pigfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #848
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Quote:
I met more local riders in the last 6 hours than I have in the last six years. .....

Check out the Indiana photo tag thread. That shows where alot of us from the Southern half of the state have been "tagging".

Also, there is a ride around the Southern part of the state planned for May 9th. There's a thread just started in the last couple of days on it too. That thread should see more activity as the date grows closer.
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #849
hilljak
Hayseed

Oddometer: 354
been awhile....

seein how no shop within a 100 miles will mount tires, i jus went ahead an dunnit myself. never dunnit befor, so what the hell....

back tires are a bitch...

had ta use my trusty splitter/beadbreaker on this phookin thing...

whew....3 hrs ta do both witha chain cleanin as well... i hope they still have air in them tamorrowday....

wood be a job breakin that bead on the trial....gonna hafta get one of them fancy tools...

tpar, when ya want that dash....its gonna get thrown in the trash....

heres how mine turned out...

hilljak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #850
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilljak
.....seein how no shop within a 100 miles will mount tires, i

...see TooSlow4u in Avoca.....(Outdoor Purrformance)
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #851
KneeKicker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,622
changing tires

I always say do it yourself on tire changes,it's good practice. There usually isn't anyone to change it for you while your on the road or on the trail if you ever get a flat.

Unless you have a BMW I think they come with roadside assitance.

"I got so drunk last night I woke this morning and someone had shit my pants" Ron White
KneeKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #852
jscompto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by platterdr
Unless you have a BMW I think they come with roadside assitance.
I thought they came with HD radio too . i guess thats why i carry tools and listen to my ipod.....much cheaper.
Joel Compton
jscompto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #853
TooSlow4U
2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
seein how no shop within a 100 miles will mount tires
You mean the local shop you supported when you bought your tires didn't offer to mount them up for you? Was their tire machine broken at the time you went there in person to pick up your new treads? That's not right! Luckily though they at least cut you a break and gave you the ADVrider member discount on the price of your tires just for being a member here, so that's a good thing.

It is good practice to do it manually at least once in a lifetime. If you're out in the middle of nowhere and get a flat there may not be a handy tire machine behind the tree over yonder. That knowledge and experience may be just enough to get ya out of a jamb and back to the safety of civilization.

Honda XR "Complete" S/M Wheels For Sale ---> http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...9#post20028089

TooSlow4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #854
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by platterdr
BTW when is this Interlake weekend we have talked about. I think I could squeeze a riding boot on.
I'm so ready for that but it keeps freakin raining. Soon I hope. SOON!

Quote:
Did you buy the street legal version or plate a off road version? Kick start or button?
Mine is the street legal version. It's actually a SM. I run the SM wheels and tires on the street with a taller gear and have a set of 18/21 inch wheels with MX tires and lower gear for the woods. Works out great for me! Platterdr has the offroad version and got his plated. I think he said it was pretty painless. I personally would get the electric start. Makes it SOOO nice in the woods after you dump it and flood it or if you kill it on a hill or somewhere that it would be impossible to kick. Hit the button and keep on truckin.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:16 AM   #855
Glockowner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:

whew....3 hrs ta do both witha chain cleanin as well... i hope they still have air in them tamorrowday....
3 hours? Sounds like lots of beer and cussing involved.

I wussed out and took mine to a shop to have the rear put on last fall, sometime this summer I am going to get a Shinko 244 for the front and try to mount it myself for practice.

BTW what kind of tires are those?
Glockowner is offline   Reply With Quote