ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #121
gtackett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by platterdr

The bike is in good shape it went all the way to Oregon last summer with no issues. Hope it hauls me around for a few years with no issues.
I'm sure if I spent much time in the saddle of a more road worthy dual sport, I'd be wanting something for longer trips as well. But for now, I'm going to get a bigger tank for the XT and try to ride when I can.
gtackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #122
seriousracer
be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer: 7,412
did someone say go for a ride??

when where?

be a man dodge tree bark!

We’ve said it before, but it bears repeating; the GS handles in ways a two-story building was never meant to.

Taking collections for Faye Butler Training please spare some change.

www.kmotorwerks.com

Remember red and yellow make orange.so to think orange is better means you have to use two steps to get there.
________
seriousracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #123
Glockowner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by platterdr
I know the Doo has been done but not sure when they need a new doo. The bike has 14k on it.
If the Doo has been done it does not need redone. It does need adjusted every 3k miles or so. Which is pretty simple just involves loosening a bolt and tapping on the case, then tightening the bolt again.

Here ya go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=941C7...eature=related
Glockowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #124
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
[quote=Eugene][quote=Backmarker]

We should have a beer drinking contest, especially for those of us that won't be working on our bikes. You would be wasting your time if PlatterDr shows up.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #125
Glockowner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
I have only been out of college for less than 2 years, so I haven't completely lost my tolerance from those days. I'd be in that contest in a heart beat.
Glockowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #126
Eugene
-

Oddometer: 1,129
You guys are missing the big picture. In a beer drinking contest, nobody actually looses!
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #127
RoadDad
n13ub

Oddometer: 392
Doo done on RoadSis aka R-ad

The hoohickey was replaced with a unit from Arrowhead Motorsports at about 6500 miles. Just needs to be adjusted as GlockownerKLR mentioned. I do that at every other oil change. On my KLR, I will think about replacing the extension spring with the now available coil spring when I hit 50,000 miles. As of last Saturday my KLR is out of service. I removed the front forks to install progressive springs and gold valve emulators. I'm waiting on replacement slide bushings. Don't think it be back in service till Jan. 31st. If the work day is after that I'll be there to do a valve lash check. I think it's overdue at 39,000 miles
RoadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #128
hilljak
Hayseed

Oddometer: 334
dis de doo

the red simicircle....

like rd an glock said, only have ta get the original doo outta thar.
ifin ya break it down later, put on the aforementioned "torsion spring" sold by eagle mike. that one cant fall off and is much better than the regular spring.
hilljak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #129
Backmarker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDad
The hoohickey was replaced with a unit from Arrowhead Motorsports at about 6500 miles. Just needs to be adjusted as GlockownerKLR mentioned. I do that at every other oil change. On my KLR, I will think about replacing the extension spring with the now available coil spring when I hit 50,000 miles. As of last Saturday my KLR is out of service. I removed the front forks to install progressive springs and gold valve emulators. I'm waiting on replacement slide bushings. Don't think it be back in service till Jan. 31st. If the work day is after that I'll be there to do a valve lash check. I think it's overdue at 39,000 miles
If its at my place I would be very happy if you could make it.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #130
LATJ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 501
I don't have anything to do either, but I would be happy to come and point and laugh for a while...but Tim might have to start my bike for me

I can bring a lift, and beer, and another lift, and beer, and some tools, and beer.

Save 5 bucks when signing up for SmugMug. Enter coupon code: hgeNbdcSOWAXM
LATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #131
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,310
Quote:
To anyone who does not know Tpar. What he means is he will drink all the beer and take pic.s of peoples butt cracks and post them on the net.
well, those of us that have seen platter drink beer...know that i will not stand a chance of drinking em all..

butt, if anyone wrenchin on their bikes accidentally has their ass crack showin..... it will be posted here..

this is what a lever and spring look like... or whats left of em..

and this one is mine..

tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #132
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Quote:
I don't have anything to do either, but I would be happy to come and point and laugh for a while...but Tim might have to start my bike for me
oh shit....f**k that, my right ass cheek was sore for 2 days after kickin on that xr. i hope your current bike has the button, or u may be ass out. i don't wanna go thru that again.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:41 AM   #133
Eugene
-

Oddometer: 1,129
There's an awful lot of ass cheak talk going on here. What type of "tech day" is thing going to be?

Oh, and thanks for explaining the doo thing.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #134
jdubb75
pIgrIDeR

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
There's an awful lot of ass cheak talk going on here. What type of "tech day" is thing going to be?

Oh, and thanks for explaining the doo thing.
Yeah, I thought this was the "ride" thread. With all the ass talk, I'm questioning what kind of riding will be going on.
jdubb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 AM   #135
tpar1220 OP
such a pud..

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I thought this was the "ride" thread. With all the ass talk, I'm questioning what kind of riding will be going on.

relax fellas, it's cold outside....not much of riding goin on right now, gotta pass the time somehow..

maybe a need a part time job...