Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #1
TwoCamSam OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Montana Track Manager

I have a Montana 600 and have been creating new tracks in basecamp. With the unit plugged in it shows they are all transfered to the gps. When I unplug the unit and open track manager there are just some old tracks I deleted in basecamp and half of the new tracks I created. Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?
TwoCamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #2
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,789
I have had this happen occasionally. I don't know why it happens. I just keep trying and they eventually show up.

Don't unplug the Montana before you are really sure they are in the Montana's list. I always send mine to the Montana's internal storage.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #3
OceanMtnSea
Pretty Dogged

Oddometer: 537
A couple of things I have noticed on my M650:

1) Deleting tracks from the M6XX from BC does not always work -especially with tracks that you have logged with the M6XX. It seems you have to delete these using the RESET function on the M6XX.

2) Occasionally when I send a track from a BC folder to the M6XX hard drive it does not seem to make it......so I just check afterwards on what is loaded on the M6XX Internal folder while still in BC - then shut down BC - then eject the M6XX.

3) Be careful with naming conventions and that you do not send tracks with the same name in a BC folder and already on the M6XX internal drive.

4) If you are sending to a uSD in the M6XX make sure you have the Garmin Folders set up correctly. Having said this I have had them set up correctly, but have experienced too many troubles accessing tracks/waypoints from the uSD????...............so now I only store extra maps there. Saving track/waypoint data on the internal drive is far more reliable for some unknown reason.

Hope that helps.
J

OceanMtnSea screwed with this post 07-08-2014 at 09:24 PM
OceanMtnSea is offline   Reply With Quote