ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #46
DeBandi
Exploring Alabama

Oddometer: 3,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog
TAG

Sorry boys, the missus said "lets ride" so ride we did. through wind and rain and three Ural breakdowns by the side of the road.

Yankee Dog

Great Job Yankeedog.

We all await your tag with great anticipation

DeBandi

Visit ExploringAlabama.net

State Oval Decals Available

DeBandi screwed with this post 01-10-2009 at 08:00 AM
DeBandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #47
simpson
wild rover of hell

Oddometer: 510
Holy crap!! That IS dedication. Great find Yankee Dog. Can't wait to see where you carry this next.
simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #48
SDS
introverted excavator

Oddometer: 932
haha, that means I don't have to get out in the rain!
SDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #49
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,898
Well, actually, if you hurry you still have time to catch this one and have a little dinner too. This place opened up not far from the house a few months back. It is pretty much out in the middle of nowhere so the missus and I have some doubts about how long it will last. However the food is pretty good and there are always cars in the parking lot.

Oh yeah, as to where it is. Well lets see if these clues help.

As you know, I am just a Yankee Dog. So I always like things near a Union.

Not that the Confereracy didnt have some great soldiers. I really like the story of John H. Morgan and his raiders.

But if you really want to find the place you will have to go through the apple grove to get there.

Let me know if this is too hard. I have a couple of more clues that should help.

Good Luck,

Yankee Dog (and his lovely assistant the missus)

Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #50
Jumper5392
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Missed it

Good grab YD. This was a good mornin' for a ride.

Jumper5392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #51
Jumper5392
Gnarly Adventurer

Maybe I can get this one on the way to work in the morning. Good job Yankee Dog!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #52
simpson
wild rover of hell

That is a great pic.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #53
Jumper5392
Gnarly Adventurer

video

Thanks.

Can't believe how much water is coming down the creek. Check it out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jumper5392/3184761811/

Old 01-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #54
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper5392
Thanks.

Can't believe how much water is coming down the creek. Check it out.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Yeah, on the ride out I was thinging about takeing the Beast out into it for a more dramatice shot. I thought better of it when I got there.

Speaking of the ride out. When we started out the sky was cloudy, but there was no rain and the roads were dry. Well a couple of miles from home it started to mist and then it started to pour. I pulled over and put on the Frogg Toggs. We discussed heading for home, but heck we have ridden in the rain before and we didnt get up at oh dark thirty for nothing.

So beside the rain all was well until we reach the twisty seciton of 227. The Beast started to buck, snort and bog down. Shit, I thought, its dark, raining cats and dogs, and there is no shoulder. This is not a good place to break down.

But it held together, until almost the last turn down to the tag site. Then it coughed and died. Poop. I pulled over and started looking for the problem. Turned out water was getting into the plug covers.

We again talking about giving up. The missus still had cell coverage at that point but I wasnt so about the rest of the journey. But we were so close we werent going to give up now. Besides it was all down hill from there. We could have coasted down. Although getting back out would have been a bitch. So I dried out the covers and we kept going and finally made it.

The beast quit twice more on the way back. I decided to take the main roads through Albertville rather than the scenic ride through Guntersville Park. I stopped under a gas station awning, pulled the plugs caps and dried them out. Took a while as about 47 people, including the town costabulary came over to ask about the bike. I finally got the caps dried out and taped up to prevent further occurances. No more problems all the way home.

Turned out the plug caps were dry rotted bad. They were falling about as I was trying to dry them out. Dumm ass me. I had seen it coming and have a new set of covers back in the garage. Just hadnt put them on as the beast had been running like a champ (for a Ural) up to then.

Guess I have a new project.

This has been great fun. Looking forward to more chases.

Yankee Dog
Old 01-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #55
simpson
wild rover of hell

Hey Jumper and Yankee Dog, did either one of yall go to the park office? There is a smaller bridge on the way to it and it looked as if the whole road had been flooded. There was part of the road that was roped off along the side and was eroded real bad. I dont think I've ever seen it when the water has been that high.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #56
Jumper5392
Gnarly Adventurer

You could tell the water had been way up. Lots of rocks and mud on the road. Wasn't bad enough for the campers to leave though.

A bunch of guys with canoes and kayaks showed up to take advantage of the rapids, putting in at the campgrounds.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #57
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDog
Shit fire! If I ever get that thing, y'all are going to play Hell finding it heheheheheheehhe
Now now FatDog...the object is not to make it hard to find, just interesting. If you bury it too deep and folks can't find it, the game does not work well.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #58
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Hey folks, such a beautiful day today and no one snagged this one. Well, OK, so maybe it was a bit cloudy and overcast. And the high was around 36. But hey at least it wasnt raining.

Maybe the clues were too hard. But I gave you the county, the town and the road. What more do you need.

Yankee Dog
Old 01-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #59
zookster
Chupacabra

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog
Hey folks, such a beautiful day today and no one snagged this one. Well, OK, so maybe it was a bit cloudy and overcast. And the high was around 36. But hey at least it wasnt raining.

Maybe the clues were too hard. But I gave you the county, the town and the road. What more do you need.

Yankee Dog
Clues were good enough. If I hadn't already had a ride planned with friends today I would have headed up and grabbed this one. If it's still there maybe I can on Tues or Wed.......
Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #60
Jumper5392
Gnarly Adventurer

Kinda cold but

Tag

Got it on the way home this morning. This would be a great place for some of us to get together sometime.

Ray

I did find this: http://blog.al.com/kaylor/2008/12/mo...ps_it_sim.html

Jumper5392 screwed with this post 01-12-2009 at 01:50 PM