ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
GoGoGavin41 OP
Isn't this that guy?

Oddometer: 842
Clutch Cover Gasket Leaking?

Just finished the water pump rebuild. Man was my shaft bad, I'll have to post a picture.

Anyhows, got everything buttoned up, oil and coolant back in, let it warm up, all good no leaks. Ride it about 100 ft (discovered the ABS wasn't working, but that's another story ) and park it to add the rest of the oil. As soon as I stop, I look below the bike and see a few drips hitting the ground coming from the the aft end of the case - we're talking where the case meets the cover which I just installed a new gasket included in the CJ kit (not the circular one, the irregularly shaped one).

These drips were followed by a lot more drips, even after torquing beyond the prescribed 10 Nm which they were already at. Drained and recaptured the Motorex literal black gold from the case in order to stem the bleeding.

Going to hopefully source another gasket tomorrow as I need the bike ready for a few upcoming rides. Is there such a thing as a bad gasket, or did I just do a bad job of installing it? Was pretty careful to coat all the surfaces of each case with oil, cover the gasket well, and line it up while installing. Gasket did not seem to evenly peak out from between the case and cover.
GoGoGavin41 is offline   Reply With Quote