ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #2491
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: madera california
Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
You want the spacer included in that too?
no just the outside inches, i would make my own spacers depending on if i have room for the wheel to fit.hopefully its not too wide!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #2492
assquatch20
Hoss Cat
 
assquatch20's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Chattanooga
Oddometer: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubiak View Post
no just the outside inches, i would make my own spacers depending on if i have room for the wheel to fit.hopefully its not too wide!
11 3/8" from the brake side spacer (1 1/2" itself, could be removed) to the other side of the hub. The chain side hub extends exactly 7/8" past the sprocket itself (it sticks past the retainer clips and bolts a hair as well, making it the end point unless you have that side's spacer on).

If you end up needing one, I've got wheels for sale. New stock tire on it as well.
__________________
Some things shouldn't be left like you found them.
assquatch20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #2493
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: madera california
Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
11 3/8" from the brake side spacer (1 1/2" itself, could be removed) to the other side of the hub. The chain side hub extends exactly 7/8" past the sprocket itself (it sticks past the retainer clips and bolts a hair as well, making it the end point unless you have that side's spacer on).

If you end up needing one, I've got wheels for sale. New stock tire on it as well.
dang thats wide! its not going to work unless i make a swingarm i guess. thank you so much for the info! how much are you asking for a rear wheel?
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #2494
assquatch20
Hoss Cat
 
assquatch20's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Chattanooga
Oddometer: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubiak View Post
dang thats wide! its not going to work unless i make a swingarm i guess. thank you so much for the info! how much are you asking for a rear wheel?
I'd need $200 before shipping, if you included the tire. $120 before shipping for just the wheel. I think it's on Thumpertalk, but a guy did a conversion with BW200 parts on a CRF450 by making a jackshaft and widening the "apex" of the swingarm. It's out there if you need inspiration.
__________________
Some things shouldn't be left like you found them.
assquatch20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #2495
DingDangKid
The milk man.
 
DingDangKid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: North Central, PA
Oddometer: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubiak View Post
hi, can someone give me a measurement on how wide the rear wheel is from outside of the brake drum to outside of the sprocket?i was going to see if it would work out for a project i have. thanks in advance!
I'm excited to see what you have in mind. Your f650 is a piece of modern art (not the shitty kind either.)
__________________
2006 TW200 85mpg
1981 Honda CM400T
DingDangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #2496
tpar1220
such a pud..
 
tpar1220's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: martinsville... ish, in.
Oddometer: 2,512
can someone give me stock jet sizes for an 07. i just removed for inspection a 128/31 from my carb. it runs to rich and flubbers at gear changes and deceleration when u pick throttle back up.

the needle also had an added shim... which may have been the culprit. but before i put it back together i would like to know what is stock.
__________________
this thing is AWESOME... and makes the mach V look like a vagina!

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #2497
Solomoriah
likes the back roads
 
Solomoriah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Upper Right-Hand Corner of Missouri
Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
can someone give me stock jet sizes for an 07. i just removed for inspection a 128/31 from my carb. it runs to rich and flubbers at gear changes and deceleration when u pick throttle back up.

the needle also had an added shim... which may have been the culprit. but before i put it back together i would like to know what is stock.
A stock 128 main jet on an '07 should be lean, not rich. The usual rejetting advice for a TW200 is to:

1) remove the plug from the idle screw, and set it around 2 turns out (adjust to taste).

2) shim the needle up 0.05".

3) replace the main jet with a #132.5.

However, I believe the #130 main jet was a better choice for me. I had it in before switching to the #132.5, and I'm thinking of going back. I'm running about 0.03" of shim.

Here's what I think: If the needle is shimmed, the carb has been modified. But, the jet says it's a #128... anyone rejetting a TW will put in a bigger jet, OR... drill it out. Can you tell if this has been done?
__________________
And that road goes on and on into the sunset
And my destiny is bound to move me on
My website: gonnerman.org
Solomoriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #2498
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: madera california
Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
I'd need $200 before shipping, if you included the tire. $120 before shipping for just the wheel. I think it's on Thumpertalk, but a guy did a conversion with BW200 parts on a CRF450 by making a jackshaft and widening the "apex" of the swingarm. It's out there if you need inspiration.
yea i saw the crf already thats what got me excited! i need to check on some other parts first to see if its going to work without too much money. thanks for the info! i love those tw200s!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #2499
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: madera california
Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerCompton View Post
I'm excited to see what you have in mind. Your f650 is a piece of modern art (not the shitty kind either.)
yea i been thinking on either bw or fatcat wheels or tw wheels. i can get a atc 250r frontend but trying to figure out a backend setup. maybe this winter i might start building the rear. i get excited seeing tws around!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #2500
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer
 
Mr. Cob's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Falls, Washington State, USA
Oddometer: 9,230
Problem getting an old T-dub to start..........

Howdy All fellow T-dubers,

I have an old T-dub I think its a 88, maybe an 89 anyway it has sat for YEARS a few days ago I took it out from under the tarp and started to work on it. The tank was a mess, the carb full of crap, the battery DEAD.

I cleaned the carb and petcock, totally disassembled and cleaned the carb to include cleaning the jets, installed a new battery, kicked the starter, pushed the magic button, no joy.

Before being parked the the old bike ran great, I know it has fuel, the spark is good, the air filter is clean. Finally I get it to fire, then it starts, and dies, then starts and dies, this goes on for a while and then it runs. I fiddle with the idle setting, adjust the air screw and take it for a ride.

The more I rode the old bike the better it ran, once warmed up it started on the first kick or just barely touching the starter button. However after the bike has sat for a couple of hours or in this case over night, it will not start, gas in the tank and carb, spark at the plug, I am still alive so I am going to assume air is present. WTF, this is really starting to get to me, I pulled the carb, everything is in order, jets were clear, float worked, fuel bowl was full when I took it off, changed spark plug, still it won't start.

So does anyone have any suggestions other then riding sitting right next to the old one, the 2010 T-dub I just bought that has 39.7 miles on for the princely sum of $2,000.00
__________________
Dave, aka "Mr. Cob"

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #2501
assquatch20
Hoss Cat
 
assquatch20's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Chattanooga
Oddometer: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy All fellow T-dubers,

I have an old T-dub I think its a 88, maybe an 89 anyway it has sat for YEARS a few days ago I took it out from under the tarp and started to work on it. The tank was a mess, the carb full of crap, the battery DEAD.

I cleaned the carb and petcock, totally disassembled and cleaned the carb to include cleaning the jets, installed a new battery, kicked the starter, pushed the magic button, no joy.

Before being parked the the old bike ran great, I know it has fuel, the spark is good, the air filter is clean. Finally I get it to fire, then it starts, and dies, then starts and dies, this goes on for a while and then it runs. I fiddle with the idle setting, adjust the air screw and take it for a ride.

The more I rode the old bike the better it ran, once warmed up it started on the first kick or just barely touching the starter button. However after the bike has sat for a couple of hours or in this case over night, it will not start, gas in the tank and carb, spark at the plug, I am still alive so I am going to assume air is present. WTF, this is really starting to get to me, I pulled the carb, everything is in order, jets were clear, float worked, fuel bowl was full when I took it off, changed spark plug, still it won't start.

So does anyone have any suggestions other then riding sitting right next to the old one, the 2010 T-dub I just bought that has 39.7 miles on for the princely sum of $2,000.00
Sometimes it's a CDI issue, but it's hard to tell without testing it individually. I'd have a look at it if you can, but I'd say you need fresh jets. It's near impossible to really tell if they're usable still. Some varnish in there for years will eat at the brass sometimes and kinda give it a rough bore that's too big to run smoothly. Something I always noticed with mine was the starter didn't turn it very well in even the best conditions, so I nearly always used the kickstart when cold.
__________________
Some things shouldn't be left like you found them.
assquatch20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #2502
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer
 
Mr. Cob's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Falls, Washington State, USA
Oddometer: 9,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
Sometimes it's a CDI issue, but it's hard to tell without testing it individually. I'd have a look at it if you can, but I'd say you need fresh jets. It's near impossible to really tell if they're usable still. Some varnish in there for years will eat at the brass sometimes and kinda give it a rough bore that's too big to run smoothly. Something I always noticed with mine was the starter didn't turn it very well in even the best conditions, so I nearly always used the kickstart when cold.
Howdy assquatch20,

Unfortunately I am one of those simpletons who has no comprehension of any and all things electrical, I don't know the difference between a bit and a bite let alone a cdi from a cdl.
__________________
Dave, aka "Mr. Cob"

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #2503
assquatch20
Hoss Cat
 
assquatch20's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Chattanooga
Oddometer: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy assquatch20,

Unfortunately I am one of those simpletons who has no comprehension of any and all things electrical, I don't know the difference between a bit and a bite let alone a cdi from a cdl.
Head over to the TW200 forum and get yourself educated. Electricity is definitely one of my weak points as well, but the forum is a great help.
__________________
Some things shouldn't be left like you found them.
assquatch20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #2504
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer
 
Mr. Cob's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Falls, Washington State, USA
Oddometer: 9,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
Head over to the TW200 forum and get yourself educated. Electricity is definitely one of my weak points as well, but the forum is a great help.
Howdy assquatch20,

I have tried to sign up over there a couple of times, I never got a response or reply so I can't post over there. That being the case I figured I'd throw my question to the Inmates over here.
__________________
Dave, aka "Mr. Cob"

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #2505
EZman671
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Oddometer: 87
Sea Foam

Get some Sea Foam (Auto Part store or Walmart) and put it in the gas.

Dump some directly in the carb, slosh it around. Let sit for a day or two. Slosh some more.
Empty carb and clean it out. Reassemble.

Keep using heavy doses of Sea Foam for the next 4 or 5 tank fulls of gas. Just add a few ounces to each fill up.


Think long and hard before spending $$$ on a CDI. Many CDI's have been replaced that turned out not to be the problem.

I did most of the above to mine. I got it running but it skipped a lot at any type of higher speed. Then on maybe the second treated tank of fuel it went thru a very bad short spell of missing, a large backfire and it has run perfect ever since.

Good Luck.
EZman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014