Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #2506
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZman671 View Post
Get some Sea Foam (Auto Part store or Walmart) and put it in the gas.

Dump some directly in the carb, slosh it around. Let sit for a day or two. Slosh some more.
Empty carb and clean it out. Reassemble.

Keep using heavy doses of Sea Foam for the next 4 or 5 tank fulls of gas. Just add a few ounces to each fill up.

Think long and hard before spending $$$ on a CDI. Many CDI's have been replaced that turned out not to be the problem.

I did most of the above to mine. I got it running but it skipped a lot at any type of higher speed. Then on maybe the second treated tank of fuel it went thru a very bad short spell of missing, a large backfire and it has run perfect ever since.

Good Luck.
Howdy EZman671,

What you described is what I did and plan to keep on doing. The thing that has me mystified is if I take the spark plug out, give the engine a SHORT shot of starting fluid, it will fire up and run for a few revolutions. Repeat this procedure a few times and the darn thing will then start with out the starting fluid and when warmed up will run good and easily start either by kick or use of the electric starter. What ever it is I am sure its something so darn simple I am going to feel like crawling under a rock when I figure it out or someone suggests the fix to me.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #2507
Small's
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Eek Led fog light night pics

Here is my night time headlight comparison pictures for anyone thinking about putting led fog lights on there 01+ TW or a HID kit. These are advmonster model 44's and they rock the night..

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...__1#entry45322
Small's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #2508
Small's
Gnarly Adventurer

Tw night comparison pics

The 98 has a piaa super plasma gtx 35w bulb the 07 has a bikemaster 6000k 35w HID and two advmonster model 44's led fog lights. Both lights are better than the stock bulbs 98 had a 35w and 07 55w halogen.
98 low beam

07 low beam
Old 05-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #2509
Small's
Gnarly Adventurer

Lights

98 high beam

07 high beam

07 high beam + leds
Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #2510
tpar1220
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah View Post
A stock 128 main jet on an '07 should be lean, not rich. The usual rejetting advice for a TW200 is to:

1) remove the plug from the idle screw, and set it around 2 turns out (adjust to taste).

2) shim the needle up 0.05".

3) replace the main jet with a #132.5.

However, I believe the #130 main jet was a better choice for me. I had it in before switching to the #132.5, and I'm thinking of going back. I'm running about 0.03" of shim.

Here's what I think: If the needle is shimmed, the carb has been modified. But, the jet says it's a #128... anyone rejetting a TW will put in a bigger jet, OR... drill it out. Can you tell if this has been done?
i am original owner, but have several bikes. so.. soometimes it's hard to remember what i changed on each of em. i did change jetting at some point, but may have changed back to stock... just can't remember. but i did shim the needle, so i removed that and set the mixture screw at 1.5 turns out. the jets are 128 pilot and 31 main.. not 131. it is rich and fuel mileage yesterday was 65 mpg... which is low for that bike.

air filter is clean. one thing i didn't think about till last night.. the spark plug is original one... maybe it is just getting weak spark. i am gonna install a new spark plug and see what that does, if it doesn't fix it i will swap the 128 pilot for a 126. if neither of them changes fixes it... guess i will check valves.

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #2511
tpar1220
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small's View Post
i rode this tw the other night.... MAN!! what i difference those lights make. thinking of getting a set for my klr.

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #2512
atleastbehandy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar1220 View Post
can someone give me stock jet sizes for an 07. i just removed for inspection a 128/31 from my carb. it runs to rich and flubbers at gear changes and deceleration when u pick throttle back up.

the needle also had an added shim... which may have been the culprit. but before i put it back together i would like to know what is stock.
My 2005 does the exact same thing. I have tried all different shims and jets and idle air mixtures (currently 1 3/4 turns out, 0.010" shim, 130 main).

So I suggest you remove the carb completely and look for dirt. Since I removed the slide and deceleration bypass bits, cleaned thoroughly, the hesitation has almost gone away.

I bet the issue would go away completely if I did a better cleaning (with a wire to poke all the fuel passages).
atleastbehandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #2513
mischief
misadventurer

Oddometer: 481
My '09 does a similar thing when it gets cooler, like below 50. In fact it almost won't start below that, never has. I've just parked it and ridden my F800 when it got cooler but I would like to know what I need to do to fix it. I've rejetted the carb and it starts like a champ when it is warmer but acts like it is flooding out when it is cooler
Christi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy EZman671,

What you described is what I did and plan to keep on doing. The thing that has me mystified is if I take the spark plug out, give the engine a SHORT shot of starting fluid, it will fire up and run for a few revolutions. Repeat this procedure a few times and the darn thing will then start with out the starting fluid and when warmed up will run good and easily start either by kick or use of the electric starter. What ever it is I am sure its something so darn simple I am going to feel like crawling under a rock when I figure it out or someone suggests the fix to me.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #2514
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,162
Howdy All,

I think I fixed my old T-dub, its starting very well now, I'll let it sit over night and try it again in the morning, "IF" it starts then I'll declare victory, if not I'll whine and work on it some more. Stay tuned for what I think the problem was.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #2515
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,251
Quote:
98 high beam

07 high beam

07 high beam + leds
These lights you speak of....they are made by bike master?.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #2516
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveller

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
07 high beam + leds
The contrast is amazing!

Please list brand, parts # & who sells them. I'd like to get a set for my TW & another set for my Versys.

Thanks

2012 Suzuki V-Strom-ADV, 2011 Kawasaki Versys, 2008 Yamaha TW200, 2013 Honda CRF250L

I'm never lost... Because I'm always right where I'm at...
Kankujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #2517
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,251
Mischief and Mr. cobb...........go to the tw200 discussion forum....the doctors will fix you right up!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #2518
BMKTW2
Renegade

Oddometer: 40
Talking LED Tail Light

Old 06-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #2519
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Oddometer: 865
Over the weekend Ronnydog and I completed an Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000, each of us on TW's.

I think this is a first for these particular bikes and among what appears to be only a handful of small displacement singles to have done a registered ride.

Lizrdbrth screwed with this post 06-11-2012 at 11:45 AM
Lizrdbrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #2520
Sp4Mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizrdbrth View Post
Over the weekend Ronnydog and I completed an Iron Butt Saddlesore 1000, each of us on TW's.

I think this is a first for these particular bikes and among what appears to be only a handful of small displacement singles to have done a registered ride.
Very cool!
What was your average and top speed? What about fuel mileage?
Sp4Mike is offline   Reply With Quote