User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #2566
Small's
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Lights

I havent been around here for a while but the HID is a bikemaster 26-6400 and the two leds are from advmonster.com.
They are model 44's "2 of them" i also used the dimmer box/high beam bypass which is nice. If you look at the link i put up it should give more detail. Advmonster is a vendor on this site. Here is a link to the led install i did.
http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...__1#entry45147
Small's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #2567
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Oddometer: 821
Adv Monster lamps

Great write-up on the install [via of your link], Smalls.
Those lights are high-$, but in the long run, sure seem like the way to go.
gplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #2568
DAAANG
LambBoyFilms@YouTube

Oddometer: 1,611
Does anyone have an instrument cluster for sale? If so, please PM me asap. Thanks.
*Warning:Riding with me may result in you starring in your own crash video.
Sales and Marketing Manager at Cycle World V.B.
DAAANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #2569
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAANG View Post
Does anyone have an instrument cluster for sale? If so, please PM me asap. Thanks.
did you look at the vapor dash?

http://www.trailtech.net/75-201.html

it will give you a tach too

the dash board is optional but here is how it looks all together.
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #2570
Small's
Gnarly Adventurer

Laugh Seat concepts.

The wife and i put on the seat concepts foam and cover Saturday night. We tried a electric stapler and it wouldnt cut it. The guys at seat concepts recommended a harbor freight air stapler so off we went. $21 later and we had a air stapler. Had to fiddle with the pressure a bit and due some test staples. 83-85 psi was about perfect. For what the upholstery shop wanted "$" to put it on i got an air stapler, staples, adhesive spray and some experience. I dont have any seat time on it yet besides around the yard but if feels good to me so far.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #2571
ktrout01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small's View Post
The wife and i put on the seat concepts foam and cover Saturday night. We tried a electric stapler and it wouldnt cut it. The guys at seat concepts recommended a harbor freight air stapler so off we went. $21 later and we had a air stapler. Had to fiddle with the pressure a bit and due some test staples. 83-85 psi was about perfect. For what the upholstery shop wanted "$" to put it on i got an air stapler, staples, adhesive spray and some experience. I dont have any seat time on it yet besides around the yard but if feels good to me so far.

Nice looking seat. I may need to do that to mine this coming winter when I do a fairly complete resto of my '89

2003 BMW F650GS
ktrout01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #2572
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small's View Post
That's a great looking seat. You did a beautiful job.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #2573
prsdrat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 656
What other seat covers/add-ons are ADV'rs recommending?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #2574
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by prsdrat View Post
What other seat covers/add-ons are ADV'rs recommending?
There's an upholstery shop on every other corner where you live. Don't rule them out.

Odds are for the cost of two Stearns "Band-Aids" you can get a custom seat to your own spec.

Lizrdbrth screwed with this post 07-09-2012 at 12:03 PM
Lizrdbrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #2575
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizrdbrth View Post
There's an upholstery shop on every other corner where you live. Don't rule them out.

Odds are for the cost of two Stearns "Band-Aids" you can get a custom seat to your own spec.
Very true and just what I did when I cut the front of my seat off. You would have to be 4 foot tall to get your junk that far up on the tank??
It must not have cost much cause I don't even remember what it was ha.

I also have a SC seat cover on my KTM. Real nice deal, massive improvement in comfort over the stock KTM plank. Super sticky and tuff to slide around, just as firm but wider on the back section for us sit down riders. Overkill for what I do with my TW.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #2576
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Granted, myself and a few others use our TW's for things most folks will never even consider doing, but a bunch of folks are only a seat away from enjoying their TW rather than enduring it.

I find it kinda curious that some folks will gleefully put themselves on a waiting list and spend hundreds of dollars "fixing" the seat of $20,000 bike which should have came with a decent seat to begin with, yet won't invest 40 bucks at an upholstery shop to expand the usefulness of a workhorse like the TW. Just sayin'.

Here's mine. It's been good enough for a thousand mile day on the Iron Butt, a 2,000 mile honeymoon, a few 200 mile offroad days, rockpiles, axle-deep sand, hay hauling, grocery getting, 1-up, 2-up with camping gear and occasionally even upside-down.

It's an "engineered" seat, of sorts. The rear 1/3rd or so contains a wedge of softer foam, so it broadens to a "spoon" under my full weight and springs back to a narrow profile when standing. Wider, thicker and flatter and that concave belly of the stocker which forces you to lean on the bars on cripples yer buttcheeks for life is histoire.

My local guy cut and shaped it to blend into my XT tank, stitched (not stretched) the new cover to match. 45 bucks.

Lizrdbrth screwed with this post 07-09-2012 at 02:26 PM
Old 07-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #2577
Small's
Gnarly Adventurer

Seats

Im not hating upholstery shops but if i can buy the tools and do it myself for what they want just to put it on i will do it myself and have the tools to if i ever need them again"i probably will". I dont like other people working on my stuff unless its something i just dont have the knowledge or tools to do. I talked to a few shops and both were in the 125-150 range to rework some foam and put a new cover on. They were $30-40 bucks just to put on the seat concepts foam and cover. I didnt check everybody around just two shops. The staple gun was only $21+ plus $3 for staples +$8 for adhesive spray. About $35 after its all said and done. Plus ive been wanting to try to do some work on the SV seat and now i have some adhesive and a good staple gun. You guys have some cheap upholstery shops and i mean price not quality.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #2578
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

You're probably right. A lot of those skills kinda made their way over from south of the border here in the Southwest so I guess we kinda take them for granted. Lotta really capable shops competing for buisiness.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #2579
Point37
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
for any TW riders looking for riding buddies...
http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...-tag-yourself/
Point37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #2580
Cat Daddy
Cob Artist

Oddometer: 837
I really like my Tee Dub but unfortunately it was a real beater when I bought it. It looks like it had set outside in the weather it's entire life. Nevertheless, I'm doing a full restoration on it. It's not a smart financial decision, but I should wind up with a neat bike when I'm finished. Full powdercoat of everything and nut and bolt detailed restoration. I ordered all new plastics for it. Plans are larger Clarke tank, nice handlebars, foot pegs, etc. Trailtech Vapor.

A fool and his money soon have a bad ass Tee Dub

Cat Daddy screwed with this post 07-11-2012 at 04:00 AM
Cat Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote