Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #3316
Dyno
TT's fake Noob

Oddometer: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Since the TW225 has a six-speed transmission, I assume the bike has the same engine as the Yamaha TT-R230......
That appears to be an interwebs typo gone viral. The TW225 apparently has a 5 speed transmission. Many folks on the TW200 forum searched for the mythical 6 speed countershaft, only to find that the TW225 has the same transmission as the TW200.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #3317
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno View Post
That appears to be an interwebs typo gone viral. The TW225 apparently has a 5 speed transmission. Many folks on the TW200 forum searched for the mythical 6 speed countershaft, only to find that the TW225 has the same transmission as the TW200.
Thanks for posting the good information, Dyno. I searched the internet for specifications on the TW225, and this was the meager resource I found.

http://www.autoevolution.com/mengine...-2005-223.html

That link states the TW225 has a six-speed transmission.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #3318
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small's View Post
I got the tusk deflex for $63.99. They came with both deflectors. No lever mods and they work very well on the stock bars.
Where did you order those D-flex form Mr. Smalls?.....also,does your TW have any issue...electrical wise....while running those Adv.monster44 auxiliary lights I'm seeing?.I presume you have a thread/post for how you hooked them up?. I'm quite interested in the D-Flex......so,no mods inorder to get the D-flex installed. TIA
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #3319
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Spud:.......is the Shorai battery still doing well?. I know you were thinking of hooking up some electrical goodies awhile ago,but was "thrown-off" by some talk of Shorai battery malfunction.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #3320
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
Where did you order those D-flex form Mr. Smalls?.....also,does your TW have any issue...electrical wise....while running those Adv.monster44 auxiliary lights I'm seeing?.I presume you have a thread/post for how you hooked them up?. I'm quite interested in the D-Flex......so,no mods inorder to get the D-flex installed. TIA

I got mine at Rockey MT

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/se...USK+HANDGUARDS
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #3321
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I have installed the Tusk D-Flex Handguards on three motorcycles. I first installed them with Pro Taper SE ATV High Bend Handlebars on my Zongshen 200GY-2.

Next, I installed them with Tusk T-10 handlebars on my Honda XR650L.

Finally, I installed them with Pro Taper Contour (1-1/8") handlebars on my recently acquired, Honda CRF250X.

Needless to say, I really like the Tusk D-Flex Handguards, and I consider them an exceptional value. I ordered all my D-Flex Handguards from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...lex+handguards

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Old 03-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #3322
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Spud:.......is the Shorai battery still doing well?. I know you were thinking of hooking up some electrical goodies awhile ago,but was "thrown-off" by some talk of Shorai battery malfunction.
My Shorai battery is still performing flawlessly after 31,000 miles of hard riding. I have added heated grips to my XR650L, but that is the only extra load I have placed on my Shorai battery.

Spud
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #3323
prsdrat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 613
Does anyone know of any detrimental issues using the D-Flex type
handguards? My offroad riding son-in-law claims to have heard of
someone who broke both arms getting hung up in a git-off. Any
verification or concerns?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #3324
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsdrat View Post
I haven't heard of any such issues. Many people on this forum and other forums have installed the D-Flex handguards without any problems. However, it's important to install the handguards so the bar slopes downward about 10 degrees from horizontal, as shown in the photograph below.

In the event you are thrown over the handlebars, the slightly lower angle will prevent you from catching your wrists on the handguards. Personally, I don't ride/crash hard enough to worry about flying over the handlebars. Nevertheless, even a very aggressive rider will still be safe if he installs the handguards correctly.

Spud
Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #3325
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,731
Quote:
Probably the equivalent of the stories about people who were hurt worse from wearing a seatbelt...
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #3326
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Probably the equivalent of the stories about people who were hurt worse from wearing a seatbelt...
That's what I was thinking...
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #3327
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for the additional info Spud.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #3328
rube
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Someone please buy this

I don't want to have to make the drive to Detroit. Someone else please buy this tw200!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873099
rube
rube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #3329
Dyno
TT's fake Noob

Oddometer: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by rube View Post
I don't want to have to make the drive to Detroit. Someone else please buy this tw200!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873099
rube

Wow! What an awesome bike!
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #3330
GapRunr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Quote:
The issue isn't the brand. It's having hand guards. Motocross guys don't have hand guards. You can get your arm stuck down in one when landing hard and there is potential for a broken bone.

It's the same with hard panniers. If you are duck waddling your bike up a steep difficult trail there is always the potential of breaking your shin bone when you get your leg stuck under the hard pannier. Off road guys will tell you hard bags will break your legs. Adventure guys will tell you you need bags to carry your crap, so just keep your feet on the pegs where they belong. It's all a matter of perspective.

Your not going to be getting a bunch of air on a TW200, but you are going to be hitting tress and branches. That's a good reason the get hand guards.