Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #3436
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagLite View Post
Great info Spud!
Thanks for your excellent, informative posts.
With links and all so we can follow where you lead.
You're welcome.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #3437
plumbstraight
plumbstraight

Oddometer: 53
I have always had an issue with the seat. Backside gets a bit uncomfortable after a while. Lastnight I had a vision, had a seat off a 1500 kawasaki wondered how it would look/work on myTW. I sit a bit forward, could move it back, but sure like the fit on my posterier.
Does give more room on the back. Thinking of a small backrest incorporated into a rack. Will start putting something together in my shop.

How do you display pics, don't see an attachment icon. OK, just saw that I cannot post attachments, what is with that?

plumbstraight screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 08:41 AM
plumbstraight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #3438
Solomoriah
likes the back roads

Oddometer: 387
You have to use an outside picture hosting service, like Flickr or Photobucket or Smugmug. Or have your own website, like I do, to host them on.
Solomoriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #3439
plumbstraight
plumbstraight

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah View Post
You have to use an outside picture hosting service, like Flickr or Photobucket or Smugmug. Or have your own website, like I do, to host them on.
Well I put in photobucket, now what lol
plumbstraight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #3440
assquatch20
Hoss Cat

Oddometer: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
Well I put in photobucket, now what lol
The photos have links you can copy, use the "direct link" then click the photo button here when you make a new post, insert the link, done.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #3441
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
I recently installed Ken Sean/Bikemaster, folding, dual sport mirrors on both my Zong, and my CRF250X.

These mirrors fold away nicely into a well protected position. Here's how they look when folded.

I also bought a pair of these mirrors for my XR650L, but I haven't installed them yet.

I really like these mirrors. They offer an excellent view to the rear, and they don't vibrate. Also, you can't beat the price.

However, I suggest you don't buy either the Emgo, or the Baja Designs copies of these mirrors. Make sure you purchase either the Ken Sean, or the Bikemaster mirrors. The Emgo mirror is less expensive, but it is inferior.

The Ken Sean mirrors are larger in diameter, and slightly convex. The Emgo mirrors are flat. Also, the screws which tighten the Emgo mirrors to the stem are threaded directly into plastic, and will loosen. The screws for the Ken Sean mirrors are tightened into a nut which is embedded in the plastic.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/768...olding-mirror/

The Bikemaster mirrors are the exact same mirrors as the Ken Sean mirrors. However, the Ken Sean mirrors come with installation instructions, and the Bikemaster mirrors do not. If you get a better deal on the Bikemaster mirrors, here's a link to the installation instructions.

http://www.sandslave.com/2003wr250f/mirrors/index.html

Spud

Spud...........can you see whats behind you rather than your shoulders with the Ken Sean or bikemaster mirrors?.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #3442
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
Spud...........can you see whats behind you rather than your shoulders with the Ken Sean or bikemaster mirrors?.
Yes, the Ken Sean/Bikemaster folding mirrors provide an excellent view to the rear. Also, I have noticed very little vibration from these mirrors.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #3443
Solomoriah
likes the back roads

Oddometer: 387
Just noticed that Dennis Kirk has the Ken Sean mirrors for $13.46; Motorcycle Superstore lists the Bikemasters for $17.99. I'm thinking about those mirrors, as I hate the vibration in the stock units.

As far as the whole seeing-past-my-elbows thing goes, I got mirror extensions from someone on eBay that solved that for me. Quite possibly, if I get the Ken Sean mirrors, I'll keep the extensions as well, unless it makes my bike look like it has big ears.

EDIT: Shipping to me is $7.99 on Dennis Kirk, $6.99 on Motorcycle Superstore. So the overall deal is better on Dennis Kirk's site.

Solomoriah screwed with this post 05-07-2013 at 05:40 PM
Solomoriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #3444
DingDangKid
The milk man.

Oddometer: 2,196
I had the ken Sean mirrors on my lc4 and they were very practical for switching back on/off road. I can't really comment on how bad the vibes were because no mirror was rattle free on the 625cc paint shaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #3445
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,371
Oil Drain Plug

Ordered oil drain plug yesterday because bike had set for 8 years when I bought. Went out and put 6 point socket on break over bar and it came loose no prob. guess I have one in case I have prob later.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #3446
FootDoc
Gas it

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno View Post
Ordered oil drain plug yesterday because bike had set for 8 years when I bought. Went out and put 6 point socket on break over bar and it came loose no prob. guess I have one in case I have prob later.
If I had an extra drain plug Id consider doing this:

http://tw200forum.com/forums/99653/ShowPost.aspx
FootDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #3447
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootDoc View Post
If I had an extra drain plug Id consider doing this:

http://tw200forum.com/forums/99653/ShowPost.aspx
Prob wont do but thanks for the idea!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #3448
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
Understood on the seat pad thingy....been looking for them(cheapo) at Walmart that most folks speak of,but there never in stock or they do not carry them in my area???. Trying to find an employee who knows/cares is a bit trying.
Risers........because you are quite tall or due to numb hands?.If it is because of numb hands,you could try a gel riding gloove. I've heard riders advise of numb hands,arms ,fingers etc. on other forums....sometimes it is an issue with spinal sublaxation(s)....a vertebra(s) that is out of alignment "pinching"/ "rubbing" on a nerve that can cause this.FYI.
You can orderthe seat pad to your nearest WM and prob dont have to take if you don't like. just a thought.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #3449
Goofy Footer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 438
You could also try an AirHawk as a seat cushion. My buddy used one for a 1200 mile ride on his stock DR650 and said it made a big difference.

http://theoldbloke.homestead.com/airhawk.html
Goofy Footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #3450
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
Yes, the Ken Sean/Bikemaster folding mirrors provide an excellent view to the rear. Also, I have noticed very little vibration from these mirrors.

Spud
Thanks spud!......I presume one will have to order an adapter for the right side?.....or do the mirrors come properly threaded if ordered correctly.....hence Yamaha?. TIA
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote