User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
matty86suk OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Victoria BC Riders!!!!!!!!

Looking for some riding buddies. I try to ride every weekend, sat or Sunday.
I'm a novice/intermediate rider but give it my all and I'm kinda fearless
I've rode all the single tracks at tansky, Boyd's, Shawnigan. Maybe not as fast as more experienced riders but I get er done. Most my current riding buddies are too whipped or don't take riding as serious as me(seriously fun) so they don't make it out as often. I solo lots in the bush which is not the smartest so I'd rather ride with friends or tag along. I currently ride a '14 klx250 with some mild mods, I like to ride out to the bush but I also have a trailer and jeep. I'm also in the process of registering my klx400.
So if anyone is interested in some weekend riding drop me a PM or post here. I'm in colwood....
Cheers
Matt
matty86suk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
yatman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Exploring

Hi...Langford is home for me.
If you want to explore or show some roads then the 650 is my choice....single track then the CRF is the go meaning trailering....great group of people out 'our way'
welcome

yatman
yatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
OneEffinName
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
If you want to hit single track, perhaps join up with the VIHSS racers facebook page. You dont have to race to join in for the fun. There is a race this Sunday at Whiskey Creek. Lots of great trails there. You might like to come, ride some of the trails, hang out watch, have a burger.

Once the Terra Nova competition is over (Oct 12/13), I will be back into the woods with the enduro bike. Probably Saturdays or Tuesdays though, as Sunday is reserved for trials practise at the VMC. We have a group of enduro riders that gets together and tackles as much single track as possible. Boyds, Tansky, Oliphant, Burnt Bridge, Shawnigan, etc.

There is also dualsportBC forum, although it seems to have dried up there for rides. Other forums are vibikers.com and islandriders - they seemed to have calmed down too, not sure why.

Send me a PM with your email and I will add you to the email list.

Don
OneEffinName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
matty86suk OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Thanks for the replies
Whiskey creek looks awesome, maybe I'll make it up Sunday to spectate, I was hoping to do some dual sporting this weekend.
I'm up for any type of riding really, tough stuff, lazy dirt roads, pavement, trailer, dual sport, exploring, maintaining...maybe not so much trials
My ultimate plan for the klx400 is to finish plating it and sell or trade for a enduro-ish dual sport, ie ktm500, 690e, fe501 etc

Whiskey creek sure looks fun
http://www.dirtbiker.ca/racing/location/whiskey-creek
matty86suk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
Hockeygod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 739
Lucky guys...

If I moved back to the Island, I would be in dual-sport and dirt bike heaven! You guys have got it good! I have friends in Vic, Shawnigan Lake, Chemainus, and points north of Nanaimo. Mountain bikes the south end extensively and I drool at the thought of getting a motorbike out thete! Happy trails!
Various mountain and road bikes

No his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is...
Hockeygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #6
OurBC
Live to Travel

Oddometer: 376
Pacific Marine Route

Insurance runs out soon. Thinking of doing the PMR on Sunday, anybody interested?
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM   #7
OneEffinName
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
A bunch of riders/racers will be out at the Brentwood Enduro Competition on Nov 2nd. It's being held at Tanksy - across from China Beach. If you are in the area, drop by. I am on at KTM 350 - race number 207.

http://vmc.bc.ca/images/stories/even...ter%202014.pdf

Don
OneEffinName is offline   Reply With Quote