ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #12796
rumplefester
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becktastic View Post
Big news friends! I'm graduating next month and moving to Denver!

I posted some random bike stuff on craigslist here: http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/2978592840.html

Will be parting out the DRZ this weekend so stay tuned for that.

I'm gonna miss you guys , but there is rad riding in CO, so totally visit.
I'll be at RG tomorrow . I have Dr appt that morning so hopefully I'll know what's up with my arm more too.
Any presales on DRZ parts? Huh, huh?

- KeVin
Old 04-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #12797
Becktastic
Bonzai Becky

Oddometer: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumplefester View Post
Any presales on DRZ parts? Huh, huh?

- KeVin
Man, you guys are like vultures! Seriously though, I have gotten calls/texts/PMs asking about this or that. I definitely prefer to sell locally and not have to bother with shipping, so you guys have first dibs. I've been trying to find a good list of what to charge for what, but people tend to remove prices after an item sells, so I have to do some research...not to mention get the thing apart. Maybe I'll just just let people come over and pick off the parts they want in true vulture style.
Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #12798
Becktastic
Bonzai Becky

I just realized it's a 4th Thursday. Whoops. Well I'll be there anyway meeting someone to sell bike stuff.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #12799
Becktastic
Bonzai Becky

I'm just going to take over and post three times in a row! Parting out thread over here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785635
Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #12800
Greenstreak-750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
NO more solo rides

Took my last solo ride today. Went through Reddington pass all the way to Mammoth. I was going at a fairly fast pace and got about 6 miles into the ride and decided to stop and make sure everything was holding up OK. Well, my license plate had fallen off,even after some clever anti-vibration mounting. Went back to get the plate, found it, and threw it into my backpack. Got to Mammoth and gassed up for the return ride. Once I was back on the road returning to Tucson I smelled gas. My new fuel line had worked itself off and gas was pouring on my leg. Stopped and fixed the fuel line, no big deal. Ten minutes down the road I feel a sidcover flapping around hitting me in the leg. Stopped and found a suitable bolt and then it was all good. Zooming down the terribly bumpy road and boom $^@#! everything comes to a stop. I get off to find my brand new X ring chain had broken in several different places and oil was gushing from underneath the front sprocket cover. I was about 10 miles from the pavement and knew I was screwed! I got out the trusty cell phone to call my wonderful wife to come get me in the truck. NO SERVICE............ I push the bike for about a half mile and see a pretty high hill not far from the road. I climb way up this hill and I do get service. I give my sweet wife a call to come rescue me. She is not amused, not at all. She is on her way to a bridal shower that she is one of the hosts. She agrees to come rescue me. About an hour later I hear my truck coming down the road, to my rescue. I get the bike in the truck and back out of the narrow pull out that had been used for camping. I back right in to a mesquite tree, no big deal. I can clean out the branches and leaves when I get home. I get a serious butt chewing about riding alone and being a responsible husband, dad, and all that stuff.

This is what my last solo ride has cost me:

1. a broken bike with a bad oil leak
2. a very bent up 5th wheel tailgate from the mesquite tree
3. a BUNCH of bridal shower ladies pissed off at me
4. a couple days in the dog house
5. a dozen red roses to brown nose the wonderful wife with

Moral of the story is, don't ride alone. I will be at the RG on Thursday to try to get hooked up with some riding partners.
Greenstreak-750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #12801
Drizzt
Ranger

Oddometer: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstreak-750 View Post
Took my last solo ride today. Went through Reddington pass all the way to Mammoth. I was going at a fairly fast pace and got about 6 miles into the ride and decided to stop and make sure everything was holding up OK. Well, my license plate had fallen off,even after some clever anti-vibration mounting. Went back to get the plate, found it, and threw it into my backpack. Got to Mammoth and gassed up for the return ride. Once I was back on the road returning to Tucson I smelled gas. My new fuel line had worked itself off and gas was pouring on my leg. Stopped and fixed the fuel line, no big deal. Ten minutes down the road I feel a sidcover flapping around hitting me in the leg. Stopped and found a suitable bolt and then it was all good. Zooming down the terribly bumpy road and boom $^@#! everything comes to a stop. I get off to find my brand new X ring chain had broken in several different places and oil was gushing from underneath the front sprocket cover. I was about 10 miles from the pavement and knew I was screwed! I got out the trusty cell phone to call my wonderful wife to come get me in the truck. NO SERVICE............ I push the bike for about a half mile and see a pretty high hill not far from the road. I climb way up this hill and I do get service. I give my sweet wife a call to come rescue me. She is not amused, not at all. She is on her way to a bridal shower that she is one of the hosts. She agrees to come rescue me. About an hour later I hear my truck coming down the road, to my rescue. I get the bike in the truck and back out of the narrow pull out that had been used for camping. I back right in to a mesquite tree, no big deal. I can clean out the branches and leaves when I get home. I get a serious butt chewing about riding alone and being a responsible husband, dad, and all that stuff.

Moral of the story is, don't ride alone. I will be at the RG on Thursday to try to get hooked up with some riding partners.
Sheesh, sounds like a bad to to say the least. At least everyone is okay and you didn't get hurt, every thing else is fixable at the cost of money and your pride

Hope to see you out there!

And what is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good- Need we ask anyone to tell us these things? Pirsig
Drizzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #12802
usafric
Rio Rancho NM

Oddometer: 410
Hey Greenstreak-750, I NEVER ride, cause I don't trust myself to ride slow, and am affraid I will come off and end up in a ditch for days. Glad you made it home safely...
usafric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #12803
Slowred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Hey HTM, we missed you in Phx at our Turkey Creek ride. Wouldn't have been alone. Just saying....

Glad you are OK.The rest is fixable.

T

Moral of the story is, don't ride alone. I will be at the RG on Thursday to try to get hooked up with some riding partners.[/QUOTE]
Slowred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #12804
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,472
Hey Terry,

I had an off last Saturday and went over the bars on my back. Everything would have been ok except, I fell on the camera in my backpack and bruised my back pretty good. All week it was feeling better and then I woke up this morning...a week later and I was in agony. Couldn't even put my arm above my shoulder without spasms. At that point I figured it was too late to let you guys know I wasn't coming and you would figure I was a no show. I am laying here in bed with a heating pad on it. I am sure it is a deep bruise I probably aggravated yesterday picking something up. I will be back soon, sorry I missed the ride.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #12805
Slowred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierTrailmaster View Post
Hey Terry,

I had an off last Saturday and went over the bars on my back. Everything would have been ok except, I fell on the camera in my backpack and bruised my back pretty good. All week it was feeling better and then I woke up this morning...a week later and I was in agony. Couldn't even put my arm above my shoulder without spasms. At that point I figured it was too late to let you guys know I wasn't coming and you would figure I was a no show. I am laying here in bed with a heating pad on it. I am sure it is a deep bruise I probably aggravated yesterday picking something up. I will be back soon, sorry I missed the ride.
Ouch! You would not have enjoyed this ride then. We all had serious arm pump getting up and down these monstrous hills.

Get better fast Allyn. We need to plan a Tuc/Phx combo ride in the high country soon. pm sent.

T
Slowred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #12806
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,359
Quote:
Hey Terry,

Hey HTM - you need to join my "old and slow" club, Falling down is a crime. The loser has to buy lunch.

A few PICs from todays ride - chimney rock

The road seems to have gotten worse since I was there last.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #12807
ReidCycles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
[QUOTE=Greenstreak-750;18567051]Took my last solo ride today. Went through Reddington pass all the way to Mammoth. I was going at a fairly fast pace and got about 6 miles into the ride and decided to stop and make sure everything was holding up OK. Well, my license plate had fallen off,even after some clever anti-vibration mounting. Went back to get the plate, found it, and threw it into my backpack. Got to Mammoth and gassed up for the return ride. Once I was back on the road returning to Tucson I smelled gas. My new fuel line had worked itself off and gas was pouring on my leg. Stopped and fixed the fuel line, no big deal. Ten minutes down the road I feel a sidcover flapping around hitting me in the leg. Stopped and found a suitable bolt and then it was all good. Zooming down the terribly bumpy road and boom $^@#! everything comes to a stop. I get off to find my brand new X ring chain had broken in several different places and oil was gushing from underneath the front sprocket cover. I was about 10 miles from the pavement and knew I was screwed! I got out the trusty cell phone to call my wonderful wife to come get me in the truck. NO SERVICE............ I push the bike for about a half mile and see a pretty high hill not far from the road. I climb way up this hill and I do get service. I give my sweet wife a call to come rescue me. She is not amused, not at all. She is on her way to a bridal shower that she is one of the hosts. She agrees to come rescue me. About an hour later I hear my truck coming down the road, to my rescue. I get the bike in the truck and back out of the narrow pull out that had been used for camping. I back right in to a mesquite tree, no big deal. I can clean out the branches and leaves when I get home. I get a serious butt chewing about riding alone and being a responsible husband, dad, and all that stuff.

Should have sent me a note to come along, a few rocks to the shins is better than the beating you'll get at home...
ReidCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #12808
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReidCycles View Post

Should have sent me a note to come along, a few rocks to the shins is better than the beating you'll get at home...
Was this was meant for me? Or maybe not. You like to hit me with rocks.

HoosierTrailmaster screwed with this post 04-29-2012 at 09:57 PM
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #12809
ReidCycles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Your old pal Mike with the KTM950...

Quote:
Was this was meant for me? Or maybe not. You like to hit me with rocks.
ReidCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #12810
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Ya, I knew who it was...let me know when you want to ride again.