Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #151
thecdn
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I am a south Florida commuter looking for a light overpant to fit over khakis/jeans. I see the Zip is referred to as an overpant, but I'm wondering if the shell of the Mistral or some other pant could be used used as overpant. I'm really looking for the coolest possible commuting solution.

My less than svelte measurements are:
44 1/2 waist
43 hips
29 1/2 inseam
37 1/2 outseam
Looking at the charts I was thinking 2XL (58) Short

I'd also like to upgrade my jacket in the near future and although the Air and Typhoon look like they might do the trick in this climate I'm really liking the Dragon. I think I could use just the shell for most of my riding down here with the liners as necessary.

My chest measurement is 47 1/2 so I was thinking 60 by looking at the charts.

I realize I may not be the typical body type for rev'it but I'm really liking the quality and look of this gear and hope I can find something to make it work. What do you think?
thecdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #152
OrangeDragon
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Is there any chance Rev'it will eventually sell they TT leather jacket in the USA?

They offer the TT racing suit but not the TT leather jacket right now. I tried to order the TT jacket from Europe but they will not sell it to me because they aren't allowed to ship the jacket to the USA.
OrangeDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #153
Wolfhound
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
Hey Dragon,

I looked into this further for you. I think the TT is still up in the air, but I would air on the side of no. I am sure there is a EU dealer who will ship to you, it just may take a bit more digging. We have had a bunch of customers who "had to have" a piece which wasn't brought into the US and got it shipped fro across the pond.

Anthony
I heard of such a place in Denmark. Sorry - that is all I know. It still baffles me why more of the product range isn't imported.
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #154
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Aside from a few basic jackets, niche jackets, two piece suits and some gloves REV'IT! brings more of their total line into the states than you would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound
I heard of such a place in Denmark. Sorry - that is all I know. It still baffles me why more of the product range isn't imported.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #155
Wolfhound
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
True!! I suppose I was thinking of other Euro brands that are very difficult to get in the USA (eg, Spidi). The Rev'it stuff trumps them all for reasons like the availabiltiy of pants in three different lengths.
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #156
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Its funny you say that. I just spent 6 days in Italy with Dainese and we are in talks with them about dramatically expanding their availability through us in the states. I was really blown away with some of their technical textiles. It goes without saying that their leathers are premium.

I did manage to get to Mugello for the MotoGP as well. Nice perk...

It was a good trip. ;-)

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound
True!! I suppose I was thinking of other Euro brands that are very difficult to get in the USA (eg, Spidi). The Rev'it stuff trumps them all for reasons like the availabiltiy of pants in three different lengths.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 06-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #157
Curvesurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Which back protector for Navigator?

I'm planning to buy a Navigator jacket from Revzilla.

Do you recommend the Knox or SAS-TEC back protector for this model?

ps- I agree there are some nice Rev'it items not imported to the US...the Alpha and Ride are handsome jackets that would definitely be on my "short list." How much Dainese isn't available here? They have a "factory store" in San Francisco that's huge. I like their leathers, though I prefer the textiles from Rev'it.
'95 900SS SP
Curvesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #158
ovenking
Unfloppable

Oddometer: 39
Zip not fitting on jacket/pants?

Hey Anthony, I was wondering if you could have someone at the shop see if you have any luck with pairing this combo...

Dragon jacket and Factor pants

After having the set for quite a few weeks now and never bothering to zip the jacket and pants together I decided to try it tonight to see what the difference would be.

For the life of me I could not get the pants' slider into the jacket's Y connector! It seems to me like the main plastic thingy on the pants is not compatible with the Y connector and is too big to slide down all the way.

Is it just me or is the incompatibility due to the new Dragon having a new zipper size?

Apart from that I'm loving the jacket and pants!
ovenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #159
NoBrainSurgn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
sas tec for Off road Jacket

Can a SAS TEC back protector fit in the back of the off road jacket or must it be trimmed as with the Ignition. I have both jackets and would like to upgrade the back protection.
NoBrainSurgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #160
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi,

Good question. The Sastec's can be trimmed to fit the Knox shape. Usually people use the Knox protector or the temperfoam as a template. It is pretty easy with a knife or sharp pair of scissors as far as DIY goes.

REV'IT SAS-TEC Back Protector

We have those guys stocked and shippable same day. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Two wheels down,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBrainSurgn
Can a SAS TEC back protector fit in the back of the off road jacket or must it be trimmed as with the Ignition. I have both jackets and would like to upgrade the back protection.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 06-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #161
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Oven,

Yes, unfortunately REV'IT! did change the size of the Zippers on the 07' Factor and the '09 Dragon. There is however a zipper connector to bridge the gap.

Shoot REV'IT! a line at 888-681-0180 ask for Ali or Aaron. As a dealer we don't ver have stock of them, REV'IT! gives them out on a case by case basis. Reference this conversation - you should not have any problems.

Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Cheers,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenking
Hey Anthony, I was wondering if you could have someone at the shop see if you have any luck with pairing this combo...

Dragon jacket and Factor pants

After having the set for quite a few weeks now and never bothering to zip the jacket and pants together I decided to try it tonight to see what the difference would be.

For the life of me I could not get the pants' slider into the jacket's Y connector! It seems to me like the main plastic thingy on the pants is not compatible with the Y connector and is too big to slide down all the way.

Is it just me or is the incompatibility due to the new Dragon having a new zipper size?

Apart from that I'm loving the jacket and pants!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 06-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #162
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Curve,

Go with the SAS-TEC Back Armor. It is meant to fit that Jacket and it is a dramatically better back protection option.

Truthfully a lot of Dainese is not available here only for logistical reasons though. We actually have the ability to get any piece from their entire catalog it just depends on being willing to wait for some of the more obscure pieces.

I don't think I have seen many leathers that were sexier than those of Dainese.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the Navigator. Its a great jacket, offers much of the same elements at the Cayenne Pro, but has an obviously different style with a slightly more forgiving fit.

Let me know.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvesurfer
I'm planning to buy a Navigator jacket from Revzilla.

Do you recommend the Knox or SAS-TEC back protector for this model?

ps- I agree there are some nice Rev'it items not imported to the US...the Alpha and Ride are handsome jackets that would definitely be on my "short list." How much Dainese isn't available here? They have a "factory store" in San Francisco that's huge. I like their leathers, though I prefer the textiles from Rev'it.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 06-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #163
NoBrainSurgn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Thumb SAS-Tec Armor

thanks for your reply about the armor for the Ignition and Off track. Will be ordering to try to trim it down.

You're never the same once the air hits the brain!
NoBrainSurgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:08 AM   #164
ovenking
Unfloppable

Oddometer: 39
Thanks Anthony! I gave Aaron at Rev'It a call and the zipper connector is on its way!
ovenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 AM   #165
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Nice. I knew they wouldn't let you down. ;-)

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenking
Thanks Anthony! I gave Aaron at Rev'It a call and the zipper connector is on its way!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R